It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian blogger who claimed natural remedies cured her cancer admits: 'None of it is true'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Greed has always an ugly face...

Belle Gibson, the disgraced Australian “wellness blogger” who faked terminal cancer and claimed she was cured using natural remedies, faces legal action and penalties of more than £500,000 for profiting from her elaborate global scam.

The state of Victoria’s consumer watchdog launched action in Australia’s federal court against the 24-year-old over her claim that she overcame brain cancer without resorting to conventional medicine – a claim she used to promote The Whole Pantry, her internationally successful phone app and cookbook.

Gibson, who built up a huge social media following, had promised to give some of her profits from her wellness empire to charity but it emerged that no charities had ever received any donations.

Link
edit on 9-5-2016 by PanPiper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

What a greedy little twit that girl is

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
hmmm I wonder how many sick people she convinced not to take medical treatment.
She needs to go to prison for a long while.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I've seen interviews with her and it's clear she thrived on the attention and the money. She hasn't been in the news for a couple of years now so yeah she's trying to do it all over again by "confessing" despite the fact she already got caught out in various lies contradicting herself and backflipping.

She's now claiming to have trouble between fact and reality?

Yep having some sort of delusion disorder would be better for her ego and public image than just being a shyster. The girl is a text book sociopath and a narcissist.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
the only thing she did wrong was admit to it.

otherwise if she is actually charged with anything, we might as well go after all natural medical gurus who claim but never proven natural miracle remedies.

her only faux pas was getting caught. there are millionaire holistic doctors living in obscurity after theyve duped unsuspecting naive and ill innocents. we might as well go after them as well.

its like offshore tax evading accounts, we know they exist, those who get caught will be haunted by their actions forever.
those who don't, will continue evading taxes.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

She has zero medical training, actually claimed she was diagnosed with a brain tumor when her doctor said her MRI revealed nothing of the sort.

Her own neurologist.. not to mention her own mother calling her a liar.

If there are others that have actually lied to the press and claimed doctors have diagnosed them with things when they haven't by all means throw them to the wolves.. but you cannot claim she is reflective of all natural health professionals when she's never actually been a natural health professional.

edit on 10-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Im not sure why but for some reason I can see her teaming up as the vp for hillary ,

She should be charged with attempted manslaughter at minimum.
edit on 08531America/ChicagoTue, 10 May 2016 00:08:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: riley
a reply to: odzeandennz

She has zero medical training, actually claimed she was diagnosed with a brain tumor when her doctor said her MRI revealed nothing of the sort.

Her own neurologist.. not to mention her own mother calling her a liar.

If there are others that have actually lied to the press and claimed doctors have diagnosed them with things when they haven't by all means throw them to the wolves.. but you cannot claim she is reflective of all natural health professionals when she's never actually been a natural health professional.

her con was selling medical products which do not cure anything. she's in line with all other con artists whos cons are selling products which do not cure anything.
i can lie to the press and say i have cancer too, but i wont sell a cure which doenst exist. people can lie to the press all they want.
selling 'miracle ' products is a con a lot more should be locked up for, not not lying about illness. she could have gone a different route and not say it cured HER cancer and still sold the products under that pretext, and use a different method for her con.

the fact that she lied about her diagnosis isnt whats questionably going to land her in jail, its what she was selling.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
her con was selling medical products which do not cure anything. she's in line with all other con artists whos cons are selling products which do not cure anything.
i can lie to the press and say i have cancer too, but i wont sell a cure which doenst exist. people can lie to the press all they want.
selling 'miracle ' products is a con a lot more should be locked up for, not not lying about illness. she could have gone a different route and not say it cured HER cancer and still sold the products under that pretext, and use a different method for her con.

the fact that she lied about her diagnosis isnt whats questionably going to land her in jail, its what she was selling.

I am pretty sure she just had a diet book and not a medical one.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Cure for most cancers as long as they are not stage 4

Are the following

Search on ATS how people beaten radiation and cancer using baking soda and melasis

YouTube how man beat malignant prostate cancer using baking soda protocol

new topics

top topics

join