It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect Yourself From Negative People--Even From Yourself! {immune system}

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Dr. Michelle Kmiec May 5, 2016

ONLINE Holistic Health

"Learn how to stop the toxic spread of negativity!"
www.onlineholistichealth.com...

. . .
Though the smoke comes and goes, the harmful chemicals remain within the unsuspecting victim, much like negative energy is passed from one person to another – and that negative energy expresses within the body as stress! And this type of stress can lead to:
Depression
Anxiety
Low self-esteem
Pain syndromes
Adrenal fatigue
Hormonal changes
…and eventually, it can lead to more serious illnesses.
. . .
And though this is no big surprise, there are many studies to prove that stress caused by negativity lowers your immune system. Some of these studies were performed by Suzanne Segerstrom, PhD, of the University of Kentucky, and Gregory Miller, PhD, of the University of British Columbia. As reported from the American Psychological Association:

“Their meta-analysis discerned intriguing patterns. Lab studies that stressed people for a few minutes found a burst of one type of “first responder” activity mixed with other signs of weakening. For stress of any significant duration – from a few days to a few months or years, as happens in real life – all aspects of immunity went downhill. Thus long-term or chronic stress, through too much wear and tear, can ravage the immune system.”

. . .
Once I realized this, whenever a negative thought would appear (in any disguise), and before making a judgement based on that negative thought, I would ask myself a simple question: Do I know this as a fact or is it an assumption? Above all, I needed to be 100% honest with myself, otherwise I’d be opening the door to negative thoughts. Negative thoughts will never hesitate to enter your mind if allowed, and then once they are there – they will fester.
. . .

Some of us 'know' this to some degree . . . yet fail to treat the facts and principles involved seriously enough.
The effects are gradual, incremental, and build over time. And, the effects are usually relatively easy to ignore.
And, it's easy to blame other factors for such effects.
Yet, a huge underlying issue is the net effect collection of negative poo that collects in our mental, emotional, spiritual and body inboxes.
We need to start labeling such negative inputs as very dangerous, corrosive, hazardous, poisonous spam and shunting them to the toilet/sewer immediately
Our health will benefit.
Our relationships will benefit.
Our spouse will benefit.
Our children will benefit the rest of their lives.
It's well worth doing--crucial, even--certainly for optimum health and optimum peace.

edit on 9/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

You are so right avoid Negative people at all costs they drain you and live off your positive energy.

(post by eisegesis removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas
Or you could try to help them out rather than create social outcasts out of them? Though I also agree with the other commentator.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

Sometimes we have to do it on these threads. LOL.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I strongly believe that there are several levels that we interact with other people. Aside from the content of conversations negative/positive, there is also the not so conscious energy exchange. Sometimes people are transmitters of negativity. Everyone knows someone who leaves them feeling drained and down --- everyone has experienced someone who leaves one feeling bright and uplifted. To quote from one of my favorite animated movies (Iron Giant): "You are who you choose to be".

Individually, we can leave a wake of gloom and anger behind us, or move along gracefully - like a love ninja (a little martial arts training goes a long way), take the force of mean-ness coming at you and move that energy aside.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Well put.

I think you make points well worth pondering.

Some folks are a kind of . . . what . . . emotional/spiritual/psychic energy vampires.

They suck the life out of others and inject poison to replace the life they've sucked out.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That sounds a lot like what the Satanic Bible says. Not a Satanist myself, but I have read it. I think we ought to help people, but if they are now allowing for help and you don't love them then perhaps. But I don't think they should be made into social outcasts.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Most of the health problems proposed by the topic of the OP can be seen as non-conscious causes not only influencing health but also the way we act afterwards and towards other people, kind of like a dominoe effect..imo.

Does that mean we have to be conscious and aware of the effects to deflect that energy? I'm not really sure but it helps to be 'who you choose to be' ...that being confident in your ways, strong but not explicitly the physical type (although it helps) thereby making it harder for the negativity to have any effect. Anything other than being 'who you choose to be' makes it easier for them to mold you into what they choose for you to be.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Inarismessenger because: always mobile f#&%ups

edit on 9-5-2016 by Inarismessenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Some do not want, or should I say refuse, to be helped in ways. There are other methods of going about helping but most of the time if its not focused on for lengthy periods of time they usually will roll right back into their old ways making it a very fleeting and temporary 'fix'.

Mostly its up to them to see before they can be aware if there is any problem in the first place. You can't help those who don't see anything wrong...maybe?

No one should really be made to feel like outcasts as that creates more of a problem than before, usually. For some i guess it actually strengthens their motivations towards art and such. Depends on the person though and how comfortable they are as introverts.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Inarismessenger because: ...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
*ALERT ALERT*
-Negativity Detected-

Jk

Should we just ignore you? No. But as any can see, BO XIAN actually contributes to what he sees as relevant information to our decaying board. It may be widely regurgitated across the net but for some it can be helpful and interesting topics, especially for some of the not so stable that can benefit from it.

As a member for quite awhile (although I rarely contribute much) it is still a refreshing breath from all the political mess that is posted on a daily basis nowadays.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Inarismessenger because: phonei

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Inarismessenger
Ah yes I agree with you 100%. One must be aware of an issue before one can fix it and if someone tries to help help, but the person does not see the issue then there is nothing to be done, except to maybe help bring the issue to light.

Well, I don't think artists or people with a tendency to art like to be outcasts so much as they might like being alone. There is a difference. Being an outcast is not an option, being an introvert is.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I recently read an interesting book, "Presence" by Amy Cuddy (she also did a fascinating TED Talk). I found myself nodding and thinking, "this is a book I'm giving my teenage daughter and wish I could go back in time and give it to my teen-aged self". Basically she (a social psychologist) proposes that how you carry yourself (posture and open body stance) changes not only how you are perceived by others but also how you yourself react to situations and people around you -- my perception and agreement is that we hold ourselves and our power -- it is a conscious act that becomes automatic with practice.

Another point I wish to contribute is that we are first and foremost animal of this earth and we need time in nature to ground us and keep us sane --- I believe that we all get mentally tangled and weak if we don't make time and space in our lives to just get out side and listen to the birds and the wind through the trees, sniff the air and get our toes in the dirt.

www.dec.ny.gov...

edit on 9-5-2016 by SeaYote because: fat fingered

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
True. I find it hard to get my view across a lot just through only text without mannerisms so let me clarify what I meant.

The outcasts that are or become artists, through whatever medium that may be, tend to use the feeling of being an outcast for inspiration. I guess angst and wanting to belong help it along too. Not saying that's their only source of inspiration but possibly a great one to play off of.

You can kind of see it through some musical acts that promote a destructive aspect towards all things accepted as 'normal'.

Hope that helps

Also, at least in my experience observing, introverts that are more inclined to need more space than others tend to become outcasts not really by choice but from how others react to them needing space for various reasons, having to not be around those who see it as a less than desirable relationship or how they perceive them and their quirkiness afterwards.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Inarismessenger because: Also

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, I think artists see more sense in creating something that is not happy and to create art you must feel that emotion and thus self destructive behavior may be a way to find those emotions(through isolation, etc.).

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Having been in close relationship with a musician who got a bit too entangled in darkness and my own experience creating art -- yes yes, to be real you gotta get down in your own shadow. However ---- you don't have to let it own you or let yourself be drowned by it. And we can't always dance around singing:"The hills are alive with the sound of music..." --- but, damn after a tough patch, after the migraine lifts, you sure do want to find a high place from which to howl your joy. What I'm rambling at is that I have no patience anymore with perpetual misery just as I mistrust anyone who spouts rainbow unicorns 24/7.

Back to the beginning of this post, be aware of where the negativity is coming from --- self generated or other, you don't have to be victim to it.

PS: I highly recommend a little Tai Chi practice as a good antidote to negativity in general (health benefits mental and physical abound)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Exactly. We grok.

What you said explains a little of why some have a tendency to be, as others would see as, negatively charged. It tries to affect the stasis-quo.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
No, but you do have to drown yourself sometimes, but always be capable of coming back up. For example a controlled bout of sadness.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yes. But we need to be able to rise up from that negative energy, though I think oftentimes it is spent on the art it was for.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Not sure if I could agree more.

How we hold ourselves has a big impact on not only yourself but how others perceive you and thereby their reaction to you. We are constantly communicating especially on a subtle level. That is one thing I was alluding to with my words of being strong (also physical). With more practice it becomes a part of you. Just look at muscle memory for an example. It goes all the way down to your neuro-pathways and can be molded by yourself after time.

I'll have to take a look at that TED later on in the week when I have PC access.

Definitely Tai chi and also qigong have enormous benefits! Like you said earlier...ninja of love

edit on 9-5-2016 by Inarismessenger because: phone

top topics

<<   2 >>

join