It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid noisy birds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is just a rant about all the noisy birds in the spring. I thought the worst was behind me already this spring. This morning I was glad it's Sunday so I could go back to sleep. I thought the birds sure are noisy. I turned on my tv to drown out the noise. I fell back asleep. Then less than 30 minutes later I heard what I thought was one of my stupid smoke detector alarms chirping a low battery warning. I got up and walked all around. Nope, nope, no, not that one. I walked to 4 different locations. Then I noticed it was loudest at my front door.

I opened my front door and saw a baby bird chirping at me. I closed it right away hoping it would go away. It did. Stupid birds. They seem to have a knack at annoying me. I've never had one come right to my front door and decide to chirp like a smoke detector though.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Ummm. Perhaps they are trying to tell you something.

Sorry they ruined your morning!

*chirp*

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

There is a bird making noise outside my window, i wanna stick my head out and scream for it to stop, but i won't as i will then be part of the noise.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Here the crows abide. They have a colony in my trees and every morning are out harvesting June bug larva or Chicadia larva out of the lawn. I also have Mocking birds that follow me and have bird dialogue with me. Only when it becomes silent do I take notice....... something must be up at that point, a good early warning system.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I love hearing the birds sing in the mornings. It reminds me Spring/Summer is here, time to get out the mower and enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass. Time to plant the garden, open the windows to all that fresh air, get out and fix all those little things that always need fixing when you own a home. Time to enjoy the warmth of the sunshine, get out the fishing poles and sit down to a dinner of fresh caught catfish, hushpuppies, cole slaw and an ice cold beer.
Time To Get Out The Grill, sit outside and smell those ribs cooking, long and slow. I love seeing the Sun come up at 5:30, while sipping a good cup of coffee on the back deck. It the signal for all the trees to bud and the flowers to grow.
It is the sound of Life returning to the Earth.
edit on 8-5-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There seem to have been more birds chirping away this year and it's been a source of great pleasure to me. Even early in the morning

In the evenings I get a couple of ducks knocking on my door because they want me to give them some supper. The pheasant just stands out there and squawks for my attention.

What I'm really hoping for is to see some baby robins again, they're beyond cute and almost fearless. They just stand on the path with a look that says "feed me".

It's a shame the birds are annoying you so much, perhaps you could try and find some joy in the situation? Try putting some food out, that might shut them up for a bit. They can't chirp with their beaks full

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've thought about cutting down every tree and bush in my yard. I planted trees in my back yard that I discovered birds love. I bought ear plugs I usually put in my ear or ears in the morning. I fell asleep on my sofa last night though.

Yeah the baby bird wanted to let me know there's a new bird here to talk to me.

I know by summer it will get quiet again for the most part.

I kind of wish someone had built my house with more exterior insulation to keep the noise out.

Wildlife seems to want to be near me more than I want to be near it.

Back several years ago, someone installed a light that stays on all night. I've heard birds chirping at all hours of the night. Usually they don't start chirping loudly in my yard until about 5am.
edit on 8/5/16 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow i cannot relate at all..to me birdsong and noises are one of The best finest things in all of life.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
On the positive side my trees block out the view of all the buildings behind my property not to mention all the pollutants I read they absorb. My neighbors like my trees too. I guess I'm lucky. One of my mothers neighbors down the street complained to me about her tree growing across the property line and told me about all the problems trees can cause and about how big it could get and how my mother would be liable if the roots grew under the house and got into the plumbing. Really? I spent last Sunday trimming back her tree about 3 feet at the bottom. Fortunately her next door neighbor arrived before I did major damage to the tree and we found out it was the nosy neighbors across the street complaining.

My mother suspected the tree was stopping them from seeing inside hers and the neighbors Windows. That's probably why they want her tree gone.

This morning is actually better than last weekend. It's even quiet outside again but it is 8 am.

I don't mind the quiet birds but I know my neighbor likes them because he has no trees and no bushes in his backyard but he put a bird feeder in his back yard right next to the tree in my yard. I spotted some Doves and they are quiet. The Owl I occasionally hear I like because I can sleep. It quiets all the loud chirping. If I wasn't constantly losing sleep because of the birds, they wouldn't bother me that much.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Here's a Cub Scout song that the boys sing about birds:

Up in the sky
Where the little birds fly
While down in the Nest
Little birds rest.
They sing: GOOD MORNING! GOOD MORNING! GOOD MORNING!

Out comes the farmer
Shotgun in hand
BAM BAM! BAM BAM!
No birds on my land!

Down in the nest
One birdie left
STOMP STOMP! STOMP STOMP!
No birdies left!

Pretty horrible actually!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I probably made the population of birds in my yard a lot worse when I planted a bunch of trees in my back yard considering I live in the city and many of my neighbors planted no trees in their yards. I have wondered is this the reason so many people do not plant trees in their yards when they live in the city? I like seeing trees instead of a bunch of buildings and rooftops all over the place.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The song sounds amusing.
I thought about taking care of the problem but as I stated I live within the city. No gun shooting allowed within city limits. Most of the birds are quiet. It's the one or two noisy ones that like causing trouble. I do have a friendly neighborhood owl I hear a lot. They respect the owl. I also spotted a hawk kill a bird just a few houses down. I was surprised I spotted that while driving down the road. I got lucky to see that. I rarely get to see birds on the hunt killing other birds.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That sure doesn't sound like a cub scout song to me! The Boy Scouts I know respect and protect the land and nature. That's crazy.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would take birdsong over barking dogs, any time.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I love the birds... except they're called pigeons over here.
I feed them... And they thank me. The problem is... I Try feeding the little ones... But the big ones eat everything.

The little ones let me know they're hungry.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I generally enjoy birds singing, but when they start at 5am and wake me up not so much. I can see where you are coming from, but it can also be a blessing depending on your attitude / mood.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You turned on your TV to drown out the noise of birds. Nothing more to add really. Just had to type that out to let it sink in.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy. They're out to get you. The first step in their grand plan is to drive you insane with chirping. The next is to attack. Be careful. Get an umbrella.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I love the sound of birds singing. It is beautiful and peaceful. Perhaps a bit out of tune with nature?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They're just twitterpated.

Are you the grouchy old owl?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join