It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blinking lights in the mist, NE England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of strange blinking and shooting lights in the mist right now, I'm in the north east if anyone cares to look?

It's really strange, the mist is pretty heavy and you can only see about 100 meters. Sometimes I can focus on these lights and they look just like stars or a satellite. You can barely see them but they are moving, difficult to keep your eyes on them. Most of the time its random flashes but some are really bright.

I'll repeat you can't see more than about 100 meters, the thickness comes and goes but it's laying it pretty thick.

It can't be stars can it?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
who knows.

It can definitely NOT be stars, of that you can be sure. The rest? Who knows.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
After taking a look the other night after reading a post about strange lights and me seeing weird static flashes i went out side again this evening - however nothing unusual.

I gave it a good 5-10 minutes and all i saw was some stars, a little cloud and heard some night life down the road.

Not going to give up though, im going to keep going out between 12-1am and taking a look, im quite excited since my odd sighting as its the first time ive ever seen anything unusual. Ive remebered to take my phone(camera) out with me in the hope of seeing and snapping somthing odd for ATS to debunk or confirm

Never stop looking!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

my friend and i just sat in the garden in cardiff for a few hours, same kinda mist in the sky, and bizarre lights on the other side of the clouds going round and round... first just one light, then joined by another, speeding up and slowing down but not changing the direction other than to go round...we joked that it was a huge circular spaceship on the other side of the clouds with a light going round the edge of it

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Seems a lot of reports recently, I've retired as I need to be up early. Static flashes is what this is like... Little pops all over, for about a 30 seconds I saw at least seven or eight stars slowly becoming visible through the mist. I looked pver the road and could barely see my neighbour's door number.

I thought I was looking at the big dipper for a second then realised I was facing south.

Keep looking, been a lot of shooting stars recently so you might get lucky either way

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

I really struggled to focus on them when I had something to focus on. One did look like it was spinning around or whirling but I put it down to poor visibility. I saw something similar the other day. I did have a lol moment of thinking I'm gonna get probed haha.

Baffling.
edit on 7-5-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have been seeing the same for the last few weeks.

If the sky is 100% clear, all that is visible is the stars, Jupiter, Mars, Venus etc.

However. If there is cloud in the sky i can see into the cloud and what first appears as stars and in fact not stars. There are many of them. They appear to be static at first and then begin to move around in odd patterns.

I initially thought it maybe an optic effect i was experiencing, but after seeing your post i am having second thoughts

I must stress, i have only been experiencing this in the last 3 weeks or so.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Strange indeed, I've seen a few strange things the last few weeks. Even developed a little test system to see if it's my eyes or happens at certian angles etc. I had my eyes tested month or so ago too and my vision is spot on, No blind spots or phantom lights etc.

I was seriously questioning if it's possible I'm hallucinating, I never have and a lot of reports are happening. It seems we are hitting a flap. Was only mentioning the other day on ATS that the UK should expect a wave of sightings soon

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

Sat here watching Alien and surfing ATS I thought I'd pop out to the Garden for a browse of the night sky.
Sadly, Cardiff's mist has turned to rain. Maybe tomorrow.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Right after my last post I checked out the window and it was still going on. My neighbour wasn in his garden so I asked him to look at the stars. Laughed at me then looked for a few seconds at the "star" I was looking at, shook his head and said I'm too drunk for this and went in.

That was 12:17AM, I looked for five minutes if that. I actually posted I could see them still as I was at the window but it never went through. I laid on my bed to check my phone and the thread and noticed it was 12:42AM.

That is enough of that... I need to be up in like 4 hours

I noticed everyone got a star, in the second it took me to refresh the page at the time.
edit on 7-5-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Could it be meteors ? The Eta Aquarid meteors

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm in the NE too - Sunderland to be exact. I've just stuck my head out the window and looked south for quite a while (lights in the room turned off so my eyes could adjust) and I can see nothing. 02:08 local time now.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
International military hot spot around Norfolk area, needs to be taken into account.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not saying it's the answer but the Eta-Aquarid meteor shower is visible around this time of the year.

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This I do rarely, but when a UFO report carries a few certain characteristics that resonate when I read them, I always check the moon phase of said date and look for correlation with New Moon.

Guess what... 6th of May is New Moon. AND as Mirageman stated, there are meteor showers right now. Let me explain - the night between 10th and 11th August, 2010 was the night of our sighting, lasting 6 hours. New Moon. Perseid showers. Fog during the day and then fog coming back in the morning just right before the first sun rays, so it could hide whatever we did our best to observe during the night.

Aliens? Certainly not. Blackops? Maybe (New Moon correlation leads me there, check NSA's documents on social engineering
). Something else that is too complicated and deserves a thread of its own? Possibly.

Of course, you and I might be wrong, OP, I don't know, I wasn't there and I didn't see what you saw. But the way that you're explaining what and HOW you saw what you saw hits a sweet spot in my brain chemistry. If I were you, I'd be on the lookout in between 1st and 6th August.
edit on 8-5-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

p.s. but then again, you're from the UK, mists are a natural occurrence (tongue-in-cheek)
edit on 8-5-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join