It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Stones Ask Donald Trump to Stop Using Their Music

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If he starts playing Sabbath s War Pigs then you know we have problems coming up.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump does.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah but Obama has better taste in music.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well he is friends with Mavin Lee Adley aka Meatloaf, he could ask to use his songs like,

Rock and Roll dreams Come though,
Life's a Lemon and I want my Money Back..
Everything louder then Everything Else.

Those would be fitting and may be easier for him...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Indigo5
Hell, I support him. Plus I love seeing the rage at the idea that someone could support him so I sport it.

Supporting someone just because it makes others mad is a bad reason to support a candidate. Would you support a Nazi just because it would have a bunch of people up in arms?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Reading comprehension sheesh...I said I support him and sport it(show it openly) partly because of that. The fact I show it. Not the actual support. Oh where has language understanding gone....

Oh the Nazi argument. Of course. Not only not reading critically, but the Nazi argument.
edit on 6-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

If he starts playing Sabbath s War Pigs then you know we have problems coming up.

Lol, thats the warmongers song, 'Generally' speaking. Trumps on the business end, supports unjust war but doesn't get his hands dirty.

I wonder if he's even bothered to comprehend he'll be responsible for both if he's elected?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Hell, I support him. Plus I love seeing the rage at the idea that someone could support him so I sport it.

Supporting someone just because it makes others mad is a bad reason to support a candidate. Would you support a Nazi just because it would have a bunch of people up in arms?

It's called embodying the "voice of the opposition."

It's politic 101, and is a pandering technique. People are supporting Trump for some of the most short-sighted reasons imaginable.

It's like hearing some say "I'm voting for Hillary because I'm a woman!," - it really is no different than saying "I'm voting for Trump because it makes people angry!"

So - what about policies? Platforms? Does any of this, at any point, come into play?

Of course not.

Presidential (s)elections have always been about popularity contests, not substance.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What a shame you didnt read my reply to him.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The only problem with your statement is that he at no point said he only supports Trump because it makes others mad. You seem to have jumped onto a soap box a little too quickly.
He said he supports Trump and gets some enjoyment out of the fact it enrages others.
Personally, I also find the anti-Trump movement hilarious and very enjoyable to laugh at.
edit on 6/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

He makes his support vocal specifically because it enrages others. That's supporting a candidate because it makes others angry.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No, no it isn't. I support him for him. I vocalize it if the topic allows it or suggests to do so, but get enjoyment from vocalizing too. I feel like creating an English grammar thread (not only for this) because there have been some errors. And frankly because it'd be fun to make.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Vocalizing is taking your support a step further.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

He makes his support vocal specifically because it enrages others. That's supporting a candidate because it makes others angry.

You can make up any interpretation you want in order to stay on your soap box. I would think the better course of action would be to actually listen to the person who made the statement, TELLING you what THEY meant. Just a thought you might like to run with.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Um...you clearly have too much pride to end your offensive even when it is clear you are in the wrong.

That isn't a compliment.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Its so funny when someone gets backed into a corner they start criticizing grammar, like theres nothing else to do, as If we are all typing out our resumes on this free open message board.

lofl

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
I'm not backed in a corner. Primary reason I want to do it is for personal practice. I know what I said. Shame people can't read.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm waiting for Trump to use Toby Keith songs at his rallies. Maybe he already has and I missed it. LOL

or maybe:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Or maybe this one:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: veracity
I'm not backed in a corner. Primary reason I want to do it is for personal practice. I know what I said. Shame people can't read.

I can read fine usually, perhaps it's you who can't write and you have too much pride to admit it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join