It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumping the Facts: The Great Wall of China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

The technicalities of the matter should not be overlooked by someone who wants to run the country. He does this on so many issues.
I've asked but no trump supporter knows the answer because trumptard hasn't told them what to think yet. How is he planning on dealing with the Rio Grande. Who gets the water and who gets deprived. What side of the river does the wall go on. Or do they build right down the middle destroying the river the water supply the natural life that live in the river or on the river or depend on the river because most of the natural border is the river. Anyone? anyone? Bueller?
Yeah didn't think so.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

You spend a lot of time defending this guy. Asking for proof of everything. Oh yeah where did he say that? Here.. Ok when did he say that. Here... Ok why do you ....every time someone can show you. Perhaps you don't know as much about your chosen candidate as you think you do. Perhaps it's time for a review before jumping on the bandwagon like the rest of the sheep.
Because he speaks his mind is not a good reason to elect him president.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme Not that you've actually said anything intelligent, but you might want to stop calling people who support trump, retards or else no one will take you seriously. Though I doubt anyone actually does anyways.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In using the 13,000 figure, Trump was trying to sell his point. But he's lying when he does so. It was the same with the 150 billion dollars to Iran, which was a gross exaggeration. Another lie.

Webster Tarpley has an interesting quote on his website, from the German guy.

tarpley.net...

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X

All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation.

Satire:

And I gotta tell you that I love you. I do. Yes. Great people. Like Lyin' Ted. A great guy. Because we're gonna have to be united. He did a great thing. He's smart. Do I want his endorsement? Not really. The Republican Party is going to have to be united. I think we're going to win even if we are not united. Honestly. I think I can win by myself. I could go out on the street and shoot somebody and not lose my support.

We're going to make America great again. America, at the moment, is the greatest. Not only do our great trans national corporations go overseas to get cheap labor, but here in America, ordinary Americans can, and believe me folks, they do do it, ordinary Americans can have cheap foreign labor come to their own home towns to be hired to do yard work and odd jobs. Don't you love ordinary Americans. I do. I love you. But that's too much greatness. We want to get it back to ordinary greatness, not super greatness, the way it is now.

We're going to build a wall to get America back to being just great again.

Flash forward to the end of the first year of President Trump's administration:

edit on 5-5-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Trump is going to kill two birds with the Mexico Wall.

1. As he makes quite clear in this interview with Stephen Colbert, he intends to pay for the wall by DEFAULTING on America's trade deficit debt with Mexico.

It is as if I owed you one hundred dollars and told you that because you won't help to pave the road between our two houses, my shoes are wearing down, so I need new shoes and I am going to use the one hundred dollars I owe you, to pay for my new shoes, and you are not going to be able to do anything about it because I am bigger and stronger than you are.

2. He, by doing this, is also making it clear that NAFTA is dead, or will die the death of a thousand cuts, every time Trump's America, decides to move debt to the credit side of the ledger, on a case by case basis, unilaterally.

This is a recipe for serious trade trouble, which means, historically, war.

Trump is a gangster like Hitler.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: korath
ROTFLMAO for a few minutes, good one!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm wondering what pretext Trump will use to default on the trade deficit debt to China.

He could say that Chinese aggression in the South China Sea is forcing America to enlarge and upgrade its armed forces to cope with a Chinese made problem, so China will have to pay for the US military upgrade. Then the cost of the upgrade, a huge amount, can be moved from the debit to the credit side of the trade ledger with China.

It looks like Trump will write down the debt to China in no time and destroy world trade in the process.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Is your argument that both Trump and The Chinese state admissions for culture and heritage are lying?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

All this quarreling over facts and figures. We need to unite.

The great part is Donald is confident that he can unite most of us,except those of us he doesn't want.

The fact is, he will build a great wall. Nobody builds walls better than him. Believe him. And he’ll build it very inexpensively. He will build a great great wall on our southern border.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Trump would call it "hyperbolic exaggeration", but you are correct sir. They are both mendacious, malicious entities. Think of the evil Dr. Fu Manchu and you will be in the picture. Think of dirty tramp steamers bound for SHANGHAI!!! and you will feel the dread I feel.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The penny drops for the New York Times.

www.nytimes.com...

Donald Trump’s Idea to Cut National Debt: Get Creditors to Accept Less

Asked whether the United States needed to pay its debts in full, or whether he could negotiate a partial repayment, Mr. Trump told the cable network CNBC, “I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.”

He added, “And if the economy was good, it was good. So, therefore, you can’t lose.”

Such remarks by a major presidential candidate have no modern precedent. The United States government is able to borrow money at very low interest rates because Treasury securities are regarded as a safe investment, and any cracks in investor confidence have a long history of costing American taxpayers a lot of money.

Experts also described Mr. Trump’s vaguely sketched proposal as fanciful, saying there was no reason to think America’s creditors would accept anything less than 100 cents on the dollar, regardless of Mr. Trump’s deal-making prowess.

. . .

Pressed to elaborate on his remarks, Mr. Trump did appear to step back. He said that he was not suggesting a default, but instead that the government could seek to repurchase debt for less than the face value of the securities. The government, in other words, would seek to repay less money than it borrowed.

And there you have it folks. What does Donald Trump bring to the table as a candidate for President? A proven track record of stiffing his creditors.

Was Deadbeat Debtor Trump Too Big to Fail in 1990?

tarpley.net...

Opening The Books On Donald Trump's Business Deals In Atlantic City

www.npr.org...
edit on 6-5-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join