It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Files Reveal Assad's Deals With Militants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
At this point with so many sides in conflict everybody has cut deals and worked with everybody. It is simply the nature of the conflict. While long term over all the one thing everybody agrees on is ISIS and Assad must go, that does not mean at times each group will used each other when the situation calls for it. Even the Kurds managed to get along with each other for awhile. The sides and the complexity to them require an understanding of the long term history of each factions the situation on the ground. I have studied many many conflicts and I have never seen a conflict as complex as the one in Syria. Decades in the making Syria was only held together this long through shear brutality and fear. As often as not, that comes to an end.
edit on 4-5-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

We should ignore Syria has been destroyed by Islamic terrorists for the last few years or more? Not believing this report. Why would Assad work with Isis when they want to destroy him and hes government? The Syrian army was literally weeks away from losing the war, last year. The reason the Russians intervened was if the Syrian government fell the situation would be even more worse than it was. The Islamics would have another country to launch terrorist attacks from.

The emergence of Isis is the fault of the American establishment in Washington. They did nothing when Isis took take large land areas in Iraq and Syria. Thousands of innocents have died because Washington was afraid to confront the scourge that emerged.

America has been supporting Islamics the very same people who came to America and attacked it. Its crazy stuff. Most of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis the same people fighting Assad now in Syria. Nusra-Front is backed by Saudi Arabia and Turkey a group that has well known ties to BIN ladens Al Queda.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Xcathdra

Something doesn't add up here, I smell bullsh1t.

I read it, see it AND smell it mate...hell i can almost taste it!

Again with the anti-Russian crap.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kieran1

We should ignore Syria has been destroyed by Islamic terrorists for the last few years or more? Not believing this report. Why would Assad work with Isis when they want to destroy him and hes government? The Syrian army was literally weeks away from losing the war, last year. The reason the Russians intervened was if the Syrian government fell the situation would be even more worse than it was. The Islamics would have another country to launch terrorist attacks from.

The emergence of Isis is the fault of the American establishment in Washington. They did nothing when Isis took take large land areas in Iraq and Syria. Thousands of innocents have died because Washington was afraid to confront the scourge that emerged.

America has been supporting Islamics the very same people who came to America and attacked it. Its crazy stuff. Most of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis the same people fighting Assad now in Syria. Nusra-Front is backed by Saudi Arabia and Turkey a group that has well known ties to BIN ladens Al Queda.

Assad cares about Assad. Syria's early ISIS membership was made up of radicals he released from jail when the radical rebels and FSA were trying to not fight each other and focus on Assad. His dump of more radicals into that group (whom had fought the US in Iraq) did what he hoped. Started open fighting between radicals and the FSA. His bad luck was those radicals hooked up with their old buddies in Iraq and ISIS now became a Syrian and Iraqi problem.

As for why would Assad work with ISIS? Because for Assad ISIS was mostly a far off threat. Other rebels groups were the direct threat and also were in between ISIS and Assads territory. So for the most part you had Assad fighting the rebels, and the rebels fighting on two fronts against ISIS and Assad stuck in the middle of the two. Common sense would tell you why Assad would deal with ISIS. He would be stupid not to. Just as moderate rebels who were also fighting Al Quida would on occasion work with them against ISIS or Assad.

Russia's intervention was against the rebels that were pushing Assad. Now that those rebels have been driven away, Assads forces have been facing ISIS directly and it has not been going well. This is the nature of the conflict. If you are seeing this as one side vs the other you will never be able to understand what is going on. ISIS itself is on its last legs in Syria with US backed rebels moving on their capital. The same in Iraq. That is why you see the Kurds turning on each other and all the other groups begin to maneuver for the next phase of the conflict.

Take for example the Kurdish groups in control in Syria are US backed but, also allied to the PKK who is an an enemy of the US ally Turkey and the US backed Kurds in Iraq, they are also and enemy of Assad. At some point those Kurds have been supported by both the Turks and Assad against each other while at the same time being the common enemy of both.

Once you begin to understand the region, the conflict will begin to make more sense to you.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

As I said there hve been reports of IS and Syrian government coordinating for some time, long before Russia got involved.

Here is an article from Zerohedge, which I cant stand and dont trust, talking about ISIS and Syrian forces coordinating.

ISIS, Assad Regime Now Fighting Together In Syria, US Alleges

So Turkish ISIS terrorist are fighting along side Syrian army and Russian Spec ops troops LMAO!!! DON'T THINK SO. Who are they fighting together, Camels??? This is badly written propaganda and I am glad you see the BS.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I seen a video from the Kurdish leaders on the front lines with ISIS that they are not going to risk losing any troops to go in and root out ISIS in Raqqa till Assad gives them what they want. Smart for the Kurds to do. No sense in fighting for someone who doesn't help you. They are holding what they want for now.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join