It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Study on Human - Pet Bonding Says You May Be Under a Spell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: intrptr

Is it influence or manipulation?

I could have imagined risking dying for my dog, in some circumstances.

It's neither.

It's called unconditional love.

It's the closest we come to a concrete experience of God.

CF

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

In the dead quite. Dark and silent night. A dim street light peaking through the curtains. A car rolls quietly past. It's driver weary and ready for bed. And suddenly. SQUAWK SQUAWK FLUTTER FLUTTER WINGS BEATING THE CAGE MOM!!!!! help me

Good thing I don't have a weak heart.
edit on 532016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I believe that

Unconditional Love

is the most powerful influence

and the most powerful force

in the multiverse.
edit on 3/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Another belly laugh. I'm so visual.

It's probably a good thing you aren't in a bunk bed--you'd likely have a repeatedly sore head!

Would a dark, thick, sound deadening cover over the cage help any?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It has a cover. The big tom opens the flap with his paw. Or just pops his head under. I'm not sure because as soon as he hears my bedroom door open he jumps down innocent as can be. This is how I know they put a spell on me. Why would anyone keep these thugs?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Another belly laugh. Thanks.

I can just picture the big tom doing that.

I don't have any more clever ideas. LOL.

Well, there is one . . . cats are trainable. HOWEVER, they are such great discriminators of context that it's very difficult to get the training to generalize to when the person is not in the room, not looking.

So, you'd have to set up a video camera and a remote directable, triggerable water squirter and maybe a loud (to the cat) awful sound. Then you'd have to schedule a lot of training sessions at all hours and try your best to make it so the cat could not know whether you were in the apartment/house or not. But the directable part would likely have a motor sound to it. That would not help. The cat would hear the motor and avoid the squirt. You might have to have multiple squirters set up so that you could reach him almost wherever he was around the cage.

I suppose that if the squirters were high enough up and in sound-proofing around the motor part--that it might work. But I'd suspect that the cat's hearing could defeat any soundproofing.

IF you could set up those contingencies and if the cat got squirted--at first--every time and then unpredictably--eventually he'd learn to leave the cage alone. You could even train him to stay X feet away from the cage. But it would take a lot of hours of tedious work. A compressed air hissing sound might also help.

And, you might have to have refresher training irregularly every several months or so.

It's not easy to outfox a cat.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: ClownFish

I believe that

Unconditional Love

is the most powerful influence

and the most powerful force

in the multiverse.

I don't want to deflect the thread, but I do want to add something:

We are all capable of being conduits of Unconditional Love, at at rare times, we are just that, but the obstacle to this is our own Egos, as I understand the term. Even now, I added that bit after the comma because I thought of the comments it might bring (evidence of Ego...how do I look, how do I sound?). I think this is the idea behind being invisible, being detached, loving the other rather than oneself.

Pets don't have Egos...well, there are humorous bits of evidence...but for the most part, they don't see themselves. They just see you.

One of our other ATS members wrote a nice bit of reflection on the Ego this morning. I was wishing I could "get it out there" and, if you don't mind, I'm making a link here, but someone please, get talking about your wonderful pets again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CF

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Cats are trainable. Sure. When they feel like it. We say you haven't been ignored until you've been ignored by a cat.
Those squirt bottles work great ...in the moment.
My cats just wait til I'm not around then it's on the table, on the kitchen counter up by the bird. The only one trained is me. Meow give me food, meow give me water, meow, play with me, meow, scratch my chin. Yeah training...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I am owned by my three cats and I "work" for them too.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I know I'm under my dog's spell, but we are both ok with that.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Is it influence or manipulation?

I could have imagined risking dying for my dog, in some circumstances.

Nothing so loyal as a dog. They give all for the pack out of the bond formed during a lifetime of trust and loyalty. Thats different form manipulation. Imo, manipulation seeks unfair gain for personal reasons. Love is willing to sacrifice self (maybe even the ultimate self sacrifice) for others.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

INDEED. That's what I was talking about when I mentioned that cats discriminate very well.

They can tell when you are watching and when you are not even around to watch and adjust their behaviors accordingly.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What is interesting is how people can really piss you off but pets rarely do.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Trying to resist making puns . . . about a . . . tabby . . . with a harem.

Sounds like quite a cat, alright. So if he's a stray--why couldn't you adopt him?

He's not a stray.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

What is interesting is how people can really piss you off but pets rarely do.

INDEED.

Perhaps our pride is more involved where people are concerned?

What's your explanation?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ahhhh.

He's not training his 'super stud' replacement? LOL.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Spoken by someone who's never lost a great pair of shoes.
They can pissed you off too. They're just so cute and we forgive them.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

INDEED.

Perhaps our pride is more involved where people are concerned?

What's your explanation?

Maybe because we attribute humans with more freewill.

So if someone say did something wrong to you, you may think - he abused me, or he disrespected me, or he neglected me.

On the other hand if an animal bit or scratched you, you may think - 'he didn't know any better, he's just an animal.'

But maybe humans are not that different from the animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join