It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real problem with the whole transsexual issue... is makeup.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

originally posted by: SmurfRider
a reply to: nOraKat

While those before makeup pictures are quite terrifying..

Lol..

I wonder if they would look better if they never wore makeup?

In all seriousness, probably not. Look at all the moisturizers and sunscreen in skin creams and foundation.

I really don't believe that makeup is that big of a component of the transsexual issue. If a man really wants to look like a woman, the first steps are probably shaving, waxing and depilatories, then wigs until his hair grows out and can be colored and highlighted.

Make up has its place. It can correct (hide) an issue such as roseacea or birthmarks. My cousin was born with a strawberry birthmark on her face and had years of treatments to have it removed. With makeup, you can't see it anymore. That does tremendous things to a person's confidence and self esteem and I refuse to vilifiy makeup for doing that.

Now back to my earlier statement, hair dye is also one of the most deceptive products available. I'm raising my hand, how many of the rest of you, women AND men, color their hair as well? I took the plunge and let my hair grow totally out and colored it days later because it made me look OLD.

I see the same vanity creeping into the make population as well. Guyliner? Check. Hair color? Check. Toupees, botox, dad bod shaming, check, check, check. Men are also being pressured into what society thinks of as physical perfection. VIsit your nearest magazine rack and check out the guys on the covers of the men's magazines. Are any of them old, bald, out of shape dudes?

Ya, thought so.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh I not only like it, I wish they'd get weirder faster! I almost touched on plastic surgery in my last post as well haha. Naturally though, humans will always be an ugly species. Bring on the transhumans I say! (By that I mean animal human hybrids or digital lifestyles you mention). Never thought about 3D printing being used for plastic surgery. & I'm sure that's a higher priority than food/protein replication, or other similar things that could actually save the human race & free us from the bondage of economy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

originally posted by: nOraKat

originally posted by: SmurfRider

While those before makeup pictures are quite terrifying..

Lol..

I wonder if they would look better if they never wore makeup?

Make up has its place. It can correct (hide) an issue such as roseacea or birthmarks. My cousin was born with a strawberry birthmark on her face and had years of treatments to have it removed. With makeup, you can't see it anymore. That does tremendous things to a person's confidence and self esteem and I refuse to vilify makeup for doing that.

The only convincing pro-makeup argument I thought I'd never hear. A very good point made cheddar!

As for hair coloring, I find myself very attracted to girls with extravagant colors in their hair.

On the flip side, it absolutely disgusts me when I see blonde with dark roots.
My favorite line at the bar is "You have such beautiful blonde hair, why do you die your roots dark?" They don't know if they should laugh or slap me.

Graying hair isn't something I really notice in women. Probably because most of them are dyeing.

Hair loss is a problem. Is it innate to the human species or is it an effect of modern technology/fluoride/radiation exposure/who knows what else? I know the only thing about myself that I feel truly self conscious about is my receding hairline & it's not even that bad yet, I've known guys with way worse, sometimes they shave their heads sometimes they don't. Plugs & hair growth treatments are expensive, but if I could afford it I'd probably do something about it.

As for physicality & things like dad bod shaming, I personally feel much better about myself & am generally happier when I'm more in shape than not. Again, modern society & our slavery to money promotes white collar work & sedentary lifestyles. Your body can be changed naturally with excercise, & for the better. Maybe we should be shaking dad bod culture & what it represents. You can't naturally change being ugly, & with your earlier quoted argument in mind, makeup has been corrupted & continued to empower judgment rather than acceptance.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

I just see it as another avenue to explore for 3D printing. Just because someone develops a process to 3D print plastic surgery parts doesn't mean that someone else couldn't be developing a way to 3D print life saving medical devices (something that I can actually confirm is happening).

Don't be so negative mate. For all the bad in the world that you see things be used for, they are also used for good.

edit on 3-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I saw a really interesting use for makeup in another forum. A mother's preemie baby with a vision disorder could best see shades of red and yellow. She was seeking advice on kiss proof red lipsticks so her child could better see her and recognize the shapes her lips, at her doctor's recommendation.

I love makeup as an art, especially the way-out-there stuff. A youtuber called madeyewlook is one of the masters of creating makeup, facepaint, and bodypaint illusions. Love her work. Special effects makeup is my favorite kind.

I started wearing makeup for the same reason most people do: to cover blemishes caused by teenage hormones. Is it wrong that someone wants to present a consistent look so that they feel the focus is not on their minor faults?

Your argument that makeup causes vanity seems to be confusing the symptom for the cause.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

We all have our good days and our bad days.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Moirai

Yes makeup can be used to extremes i.e. Special effects/art. Apparently you need makeup to be on TV or you'd get flushed out by the lights? So maybe without makeup we wouldn't have the Entertainment Industrial Complex! Another great reason to eradicate it!

Interesting story about using it to counter a vision disorder.

As for concealing blemishes, the large majority of men never wear makeup despite blemishes, but it's taboo to discuss women not wearing makeup. That bugs me. Blemishes can add character, as well. As usual most things that we feel self conscious about go unnoticed by others. It's not really a cause or symptom of vanity, merely a tool for evil which feeds vanity.
edit on 6-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I don't know about that, I pretty much look the exact same every day. & I always look terrible in pictures.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

Bwahahahah!! Another religiontard spouting iron-age NONSENSE! HAHAHAHA!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join