It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real problem with the whole transsexual issue... is makeup.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I could only watch about 35 seconds of that before I stared considering suicide but your point is well taken
thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Because if makeup didn't exist, then they'd just be crossdressers & wouldn't be tricking straight guys into thinking they're hot girls. Sure they could still get implants & gender reassignment but they'd still LOOK like men. The transsexual issue is being excessively overblown imo & I think we should be focusing on things that are actually ruining society for both men & women alike, i.e. makeup.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Humans will of course always judge based on appearance. The problem here is that makeup distorts people's judgment. We can't be true to ourselves & our feelings/judgments because we are being deceived. We will never be able to accept ugly people for who they are so long as they continue to strive to be something they are not & all thanks to the greatest of evils that is makeup.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amihotCD

Watch out everyone, we have a SEPHORA employee aka Demonic Overlord in our midst.

Your username alone...
edit on 3-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes I do loath photoshop, but mainly because it is a tool used by media (the second greatest evil after makeup) to enforce the ideals that was originally instilled by... Makeup! It's a terrible circle & humanity is doomed while we remain inside of said circle.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

So it appears that your real complaint is that you have a problem with vanity.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Because if makeup didn't exist, then they'd just be crossdressers & wouldn't be tricking straight guys into thinking they're hot girls. Sure they could still get implants & gender reassignment but they'd still LOOK like men. The transsexual issue is being excessively overblown imo & I think we should be focusing on things that are actually ruining society for both men & women alike, i.e. makeup.

Fair enough, but you don't make the connection in the OP at all nor is that a big enough piece of the issue to warrant headline real estate.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
is this who thing not very very subjective.

You might not like make-up but i love it!

My girl is a stunner in my eyes I would never put pressure on her to put on make up but when she does it just amplifies her already near perfect features. For me its the same with other women (and lets face it we have all tired a bit of guy-liner to bring out our boyish blue eyes) it just amplifies beauty.

Although it is like art in many ways, we all know that girl that tuns up to work orange or looking like the same guy that painted barbies face also done her morning make up. Again that is subjective the most unattractive woman i can think of is sex on legs to some guys with or with out make up (literally i have debated this many times with my friends)

Now women even shave off their eyebrows & use makeup to look like eyebrows. My neighbor did this, I asked her fiancé what it was like being with a girl like that, he said he wakes up next to an alien every morning.

What!!

She might actually just be putting in a little bit of extra effort to try and pick her self up a new man if thats how he speaks about how she looks to the the guy living next door.

If she wants to shave more power to her.

personally i like it when she shaves
.... but that has nothing to do with make up

And also just to add.

WTF does this have to do with transgender individuals.
edit on 3-5-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: Aliensun

Actually, the real problem is that while those that want to contort their bodies in sometimes severe ways have the perfect right to do that to themselves, they will strongly argue that we MUST accept them for what they make themselves into

Lastly if you like a girl while she is wearing makeup and then she removes it and you do not retain those feelings then perhaps you are shallow and never truly liked her in the first place. I'm just tired of men and this whole makeup is evil and deceptive "woe as me" attitude. Maybe instead of bitching and moaning you could be appreciative of every little thing (and its a lot) that women do to appeal to you in the first place. If you tell a girl that you like that she should wear less makeup and she listens and you do not like her anymore what kind of damage to her self esteem and self worth did you just cause?

Ok I saved this for last because I think it's an important point you make.

Makeup is the key factor which forces shallowness! I fully agree that men shouldn't sleep with/pursue women purely for their looks but that's exactly what makeups purpose is! To make yourself look more beautiful in order to attract the opposite sex. If women were so worried about guys not liking them for their personalities then they wouldn't be trying to attract them with looks. However, I am in agreement; men are (in general) scum. If I don't feel I have things in common with a girl or feel a natural pull to her & her personality, I don't sleep with them or date them. Women are allowing themselves to be put into the position of being rejected by getting into bed too fast probably & not giving enough time for the guy to realize he just doesn't like her, which leads to them being able to power trip about being used by him or what have you. Men are far more controlled by our physical urges. Women have all the power, but refuse to accept it. Ironically, the girls with low self esteem probably wear more makeup & put out more which just exacerbates the shallow male issue. If a guy is actually dating someone for short or long term, & ends it after seeing her without makeup for the first time, then he's just a shallow piece of you know what. It has nothing to do with the "woe as me" attitude you speak of, which I'm not sure even exists as it's probably only perpetuated by shallow & fickle men anyways, which isn't all of us.

Now is my not being attracted to or willing to pursue a woman wearing makeup make me shallow? Idk. I think it wouldn't be a deciding factor, I would let their personality make the decision for me & later convince them to wear less makeup once I know it's not merely their physical beauty which draws me to them.

Now bangs are a different story... I only fear two things in this world.
1) the ocean
2) that my future wife will come home with bangs one day. That would put me in a terribly awkward position.
"Honey I'm so ridiculously in love with you, but I can't have sex with you until you get rid of those...things.. on your forehead."

But bangs are a topic for another rant. For while I may dislike them, makeup is truly evil. Bangs are just an example of bad personal judgment.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Meh, vanity is caused by so many things. We've been long term conditioned into a vain society. I don't hold any grudge against people who want to look their best in the eyes of others, I hold it against makeup, which perpetuates & allows such unnecessary traits like vanity to be so dominant.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ok now I'm confused. You don't hate vanity, but you hate the tools that make it prosper?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think that it is a transsexual issue though. If makeup didn't exist, men wouldn't have a way of truly making themselves look like women, at least facially. Thus if makeup never existed, maybe transsexuals wouldn't exist & we wouldn't have 10 threads a day on it.

This is a rant, & a minor part of the rant is the current obsession over transsexualism. My point was that we should be focusing on the real issue & threat to humanity, makeup.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't hate it because it's merely a byproduct of what society has been turned into (of which I hate many things, in modern society that is)

& I don't consider makeup a mere tool, I consider it a driving force of pure evil.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I think that it is a transsexual issue though. If makeup didn't exist, men wouldn't have a way of truly making themselves look like women, at least facially. Thus if makeup never existed, maybe transsexuals wouldn't exist & we wouldn't have 10 threads a day on it.

If i was to hypothetically come out and say that this has to be one of the dumbest most idiotic and down right ignorant things i have read on ATS in quite some time and suggest that you might not be the sharpest tool in the box then i might just end up putting my valued membership at risk.

So am not saying that.

all i am saying is that i have read much more informed, eloquent and inspiring views on issues of gender identity on ATS.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I pity you & your love of makeup

Guy-liner? Really? Straight guys using makeup to look prettier.

DAMN YOU MAKEUP! Does your reign of terror know no bounds!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Can i just check.

Is this whole tread just some tong in cheek trolling or do you really believe that make-up is a driving force behind transsexuals?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It can make a dramatic difference.

When you are young you are more susceptible to its effects because you don''t know any better; and your hornier also..

edit on 3-5-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's a tongue in cheek rant man. I have literally no issues with gender identity, couldn't care less what anyone does with their bodies. Unfortunately, people like me seem to be few & far between. Meanwhile everyone on Goddess green earth seems to worship the true defiler, makeup.

My point is that people are obsessed with the whole gender identity issue. We should really all be taking a much more libertarian stance in the matter & uniting against our true common enemy, makeup.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well I find your argument disjointed and lacking in logic. Vanity isn't a product of modern society for one. It is an instinctual action of our species. Though we aren't the only species to be vane either. Peacocks for one. Though their vanity is more expressed through the male gender versus the female gender. Also, there is no more wrong with makeup than putting on deodorant, cologne, or perfume to mask your natural musk.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

While those before makeup pictures are quite terrifying, we should accept them for the way God/evolution intended them to look & not worship their post-makeup transformations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join