It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreshock? A Significant Earthquake Just Hit The New Madrid Fault Seismic Zone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well put.

Be Spirit led and rationally applied--at least as fitting. Sometimes H.S. does things a bit askew from 'reason' e.g. Peter walking on the water; water out of the rock; 5 loaves and fishes; etc.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I live in central va and remember very well the larger earthquake we had a few years ago, its also been very unsettling that since then after shocks and new earthquakes have happened in roughly the same are. I've had a foreboding feeling about the topic ever since. There are old faults running all through va, most connected in someway to the new Madrid. I always felt like something "changed" after that initial quake. We've heard the rumblings ever since, off and on, through all season. Rain or shine. It sounds like deep thunder without the clap... Or like a big truck in the distance that never quite makes it by. Sometimes the noise was quick and sometimes it has lasted for hours, on through the night.

IMO something in the geology of the area is changing, and I've always felt like the noises are just that... Auditory representatiins of the pressures building up in these , allegedly, "extinct/dormant" faults.

Prepping for an earthquake in central/sw va though will make you look like your crazy. I don't think anyone would be ready for something like that.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Sorry to hear about the lack of prepping.

Is there any difference between the rumblings you attribute to quakes vs the weird sounds folks are hearing all around the world that don't seem to come from any specific location--just ARE--in the air etc. ???

I suspect you are quite right about the geology shifting more than usual. Time will tell.

Are you prepared?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Honestly? No lol not prepared at all. Other than a mental plan of what I would do in a shtf scenario.

It is possible it is the same rumbling that has been reported around the world. I have had that thought before, but have no way to really know I guess. I have always just assumed it was from the ground. Especially because of the noise the initial quake made. I remember the noise was identical, like a low rumble. Then she swaying came. I was at work and notices the sound first, then the building started rumbling and the glass started wobbeling. But it was definitely a swaying motion. The noise could have been there before the earthquake and I just never noticed, but since it sounds the same to me I've notices it intermittently ever since

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thought Provoker
I know someone that has similar feelings and have had several conversations about this. They are not preparing for anything and trust God completely that they will be taken care of. I look at it differently; God has given me the knowledge that bad things can happen and he has given me the ability to be ready for them. Making it happen is up to me.

They look at it that God will look after them after the disaster, I look at it that God has already looked after me by giving me advance notice.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: itswhatev

Prepping for an earthquake in central/sw va though will make you look like your crazy. I don't think anyone would be ready for something like that.

Don’t you get snow storms where you are? Do you have no provisions so that you don’t have to go out in it? The basics of prepping for a snow storm are little difference that prepping for an earthquake; prepping is prepping.

Beginning prepping is easy. Whenever there is a buy one get one sale on something you regularly use buy one to use and store the free one. It cost you nothing additional. No one has to know that you have done it or why.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thought Provoker

Why do Christians prep if they believe in and trust in God? Here's a quote that answers that (and every other question of why a Christian does ANYTHING if he/she trusts in God):

“When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer—no matter how eloquent the oration.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

God blesses His children and wants to bless them...but He also expects them to use a little initiative!!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I found this article today.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It claims, Giant chunks of the Earth's mantle are falling off and causing more earthquakes.

I have to go back and read this a few more times.

Just thought some of you might be interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join