It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tumour is now untreatable -- RIP our beloved friend: August 11, 2016 --

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I used to read what he would type way before I ever registered. When I first read his predicament it brought tears to my eyes and sorrow to my heart. I hope he is in peace and will forever remember him. Regardless of the fact that he never knew me. RIP, my friend. We will all join you eventually.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Not as active as I used to be so I've only just seen this. Heartbreaking. I've spent untold hours chatting nonsense to Woody via this site, a few years ago now, before his illness. It pains me that I haven't been around here as much in recent years as this was obviously when he was fighting hardest and it would have been an honour to fight along side him, as best I could have.

This thread is a testament to the man. And also to AboveTopSecret and all of it's members. Where else on the internet would you see support and love like we've seen here? Remember that.

Obligatory Alan Watts video for you, Woody, just because...

Try to imagine what it would be like to go to sleep and never wake up

Now try to imagine what it was like to wake up after never going to sleep...

edit on 6/12/2016 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Good to see you Live

Alan Watts was his last message to everyone

It was his birthday yesterday, so Happy Birthday Nick.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh man, what to say.....

Rest peacefully Nick.

I don't claim to know what's on the other side, but I sure as hell hope its more comfortable and enjoyable for you there than it was for your final days here.

Thanks for bestowing all the intelligent, compassionate words you shared here upon us.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
As I see this now and somehow came under my attention. I only can be silent about it knowing that we see good members struggle this terrible disease.

Hoping he's got a good place in heaven now and reading my message from above. Keep on fighting for a peaceful Earth up there as we all live uncertain times down here ..

God speed Woodward Jr

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Hey Woody,

I went to see a man about a gun today. He had a decoy Hoot Owl perched up in the window of one of his buildings. I've thought about you off-and-on since. You're not forgotten, brother.

Love ya,
Snarl

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You... you beautiful man... will never be forgotten.
Ever!

I cried all over again reading this once more.
& ya know what, mate... I probably will again in the future...

As long as I remain here... you shall forever be my signature, from now on.

Love ya!
X

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Thank you xxa reply to: Hazardous1408

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I hear Alan Watts I think of Woodwardjnr.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I've never heard of Alan Watts until this moment.

Thank you, Kands.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Your new avatar is very cool.

It was Woody's enthusiasm for Watts that caused me to give him a listen. He's alright and much better (imo) when played against an ambient track that has a beat to it.

We're all influential in different ways and rarely know about the little changes we cause. Woodward got me into Watts and Blupblup got me into Rick and Morty. I made sure to say thanks when they were both still around. Although I fail miserably, and often lol, I try to give a compliment or say thank you ASAP because when the moment's gone...it's gone.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Hey Woody,

Thinking about the past a bit this morning and decided to drop by and say hi.

We had an owl outside hootin' away and waking us up real early a while back. Wife'd be pissed and I'd tell her it's just Woody haunting us a bit. She'd say, "Who's Woody?" And I'd say, "Who Who" and she'd laugh.

Too many tears to wipe at.

Love ya,
Snarl

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Over 4 very long years.

And even to this day, I’ve still met none quite so beautiful as you.

Send a beautiful breeze through that beautiful leafy hamlet. You beautiful person.

XxXxX

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'm not known as a sentimental sort of man, stereotypical Northerner in that respect; keep my emotions to myself.

But just reading back through this thread and I was getting a bit teary eyed......and then I came across a post by blupblup and it sort of got the better of me for quite a while.

Two of the most genuine, intelligent, funny and sincere guys I have ever had the pleasure of coming across in my life.
My life has been so much better for knowing them.

I have no soulful words of wisdom or comfort, I just know I miss them immensely.

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join