It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Never Could Stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The strumming sound of music, a guitar breaking through the rolling thunder, beyond the stone fields of these lands and yonder a voice makes some cry of peace and innocence, never heard from again...so the road diverged and what was one, now two and I went to the left, left you there in the mud and laughed at you as you went down the right path in your own righteousness.

I never could stay here with you all, as I loved you and cared for you all. My lifeblood and my family, I had to run from you! Set free from this madness through death or through our death. I never could stay, the road calls me away, and all our love and our sympathy and all the promises we ever made! Broken there in the mud with all of the dreams that I've had to see your face just once more, never again.

The road called to me, my love for you all calls that I return, these words could never be eloquent, I could never return. But I loved all dearly, a smile on my face. For you!

So I stand here in the rain and lay there in the mud, and you're laughing at me, walking away with your love. I never could stay, the road cried out to me. I loved and I lost, loved too deeply the people there when it all fell away from me, my sanity.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Hey nice writing again!!!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Thanks. Roads diverge sometimes. They don't meet again often.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You deserve writers status and should ask a mod. Point them to your amazing poetry and stories!

I love your style!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I know you commented to my other post, but I'll just keep the responses here.

First if I get the writer's status I will get it the right way! And besides it really isn't anything great. Sometimes I think I should stop sharing what I write(rights and all), but the two latest ones were meant as messages of sorts to some people, you know.

Glad you enjoyed.
I always say that and it is always true.

new topics

top topics

join