It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restroom Vigilantes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As we all know the national debate about Transgender equality and basic human rights has taken center stage recently and will probably continue to be a hot button topic for some time to come. I eventually see the federal government stepping in and it will be because of people like this man in the video a "Restroom Vigilante"

On Thursday, Jessica Rush was at the Baylor Medical Center to get her two broken fingers examined. While she was waiting to be seen, she decided to use the restroom. As reported by the Dallas Observer, this commonplace decision turned into a dramatic encounter when a man in the waiting room followed her to bathroom, believing she was a man.
Rush, a woman who identifies as a woman, was, in fact, headed to the women’s restroom. But because she has short hair and was dressed androgynously, the man felt that he must intervene. Rush captured the incident on camera.

Link to article

vimeo.com... This is the link straight to the video I would have had to jump through to many hoops in order to get a proper code to embed here so my apologies for that.

Granted the man did not attack the woman but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before some mental midget does get physical. He not once apologizes and points out that the woman he accosted "dresses like a man" as if that justified his rude and discriminatory actions then simply walks away. I see it coming someone is going to get hurt or worse over this issue. Now it could be that a Trans person is viciously attacked and severely injured or worse or it could be a "restroom vigilante" who gets injured or worse for assaulting the wrong woman Trans or not. Either way though I see a violent incident is all that it will take to set the Feds on a course to legislate. I'm also confident we will see more and more of these types of incidents until the appropriate change is made. I'll say this the first neanderthal that approaches me in an aggressive manner entering a bathroom will receive a swift broken nose from my upward palm strike maybe followed by a throat strike if they continue to fight, though that is unlikely.

Let people pee in peace before this situation totally gets out of hand and someone gets hurt or worse.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This guy needs to be put on a leash.

Silly animal with a small brain.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The old man and I just had a heavy debate on this topic Friday night.

He is of the idea that restroom vigilantes are a reality coming soon. I 'm afraid I can't disagree.

We are at very opposite ends of the debate and only see eye to eye on a few points.

He is vehemently opposed to 'shared' bathrooms or businesses being required to make accommodations for transgender patrons.

I fear for the safety of individuals, like the woman in the article/video, if the person who decides to approach them is not as calm/nice as the gentleman who approached her.
edit on 1-5-2016 by TNMockingbird because: forgot a word. Proofreading is my friend!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Greetings- and apologies for those that may be eating.. be fore warned

I'm just gonna go potty at home or in My pants. Imagine the service You'd receive w/a big loaf in Your trou??

Cashier: "Who is next"?

Customer #1: "I've been waiting for like 10 min. but am about to vomit, could the bald guy w/a turd in His pants go before Me?

Customer #2: "Wait a minute, why should He go because He already went? How is that fair"?

Cashier: "But Madam..."

Customer #2: "But nothing, I've been incontinent years before Kris Kardashian tried to make a buck out of it and demand I am waited on before BrownBoy..."

Cashier: "Fine, do You have a rewards card?.."

Customer #2: "No I'll never come here again.. Just ring up My Depend™ undergarments."

Cashier: "Okay You're next..."

Me: "Oh, I didn't want to buy anything, I just wanted to make a stink...."

Enjoy the day.
namaste

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That guys excuse is bulls***. One he had prepared in case someone caught him, which she did.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium lol @ Depend.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: JimNasium lol @ Depend.

I didn't want to catch up any folks that got caught up in The Mandela Effect thread... Depend™ vs. Depends™

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What the hell is happening to the world?

Madness. Absolute Madness.

edit on -050009am5kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

But because she has short hair and was dressed androgynously,

I can picture so many regular women getting followed and harassed just for not being "feminine" enough. Short hair, jeans, baggy tee shirt.....

One of the things I've noticed about transgendered women (or whichever term is proper for man turned woman), is that many could likely want to be dressed in dresses, and makeup - more so than women sick of makeup, that would rather just be comfy in jeans.

This could result in more birth gendered woman being harassed than the dress wearing, makeup wearing person hiding their Adam's apple.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How many transgender people are there in this country? Too me this seems blown way out of proportion. Granted, I live in the boondocks and don't have much interaction with people outside of work. We use porta johns at work, the blue lagoons, lol... there are a couple for women only with locks.

If you decide to go transgender, There must be a ton of stuff that goes through your mind. which bathroom to use in public should be one. Honestly I don't have an answer, but if a person identifies as a woman, has the breast implants, looks like a woman, dresses like one, acts like one but still has a penis, if they go into a restroom and sit down to pee in a stall I don't see how that is horrible.

I haven't been in a lot of ladies rooms, but the ones I have been in have stalls. Now if it is open air toilets and the trans is standing up to pee that is a problem.

Now if some guy claims to identify himself a woman and follows my daughter into the bathroom I will identify myself as the mean MF I can be and kick the # out of him.

I honestly don't see the need for any laws. How many trans people can there really be? piss outside if you must. If your 6'6 with a beard, wearing a dress doesnt make you a woman. If you can pass as a woman, go for it.

I doubt I will ever see a hot chick in a mini skirt step up to a urinal and take a leak lol...at least I hope not.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Honestly I don't have an answer, but if a person identifies as a woman, has the breast implants, looks like a woman, dresses like one, acts like one but still has a penis, if they go into a restroom and sit down to pee in a stall I don't see how that is horrible.

Now if some guy claims to identify himself a woman and follows my daughter into the bathroom I will identify myself as the mean MF I can be and kick the # out of him.

You obviously get it and I agree with you on both of these points. The second scenario I think is what has everyone all in a tizzy. Firstly they ignore all of the therapy and identifying papers that come with being Trans which would most certainly come into play in any kind of judicial proceedings. Just saying your Trans does not protect a person in a court of law or make a person Trans. Second they really do believe pedo's are going to start donning dresses in droves and swarm the bathrooms.

I do admit that there are some Cross dressers out there that make the rest of us sane people look bad. Hell I've seen a memo put out to a Trans community meeting group that I am a member of for all the "girls" to be on their best behavior in the restrooms in light of the national spotlight this subject is in. Now Drag Queens will most likely use the mens room and not give a eff because they are performers anyway and in most cases fully identify as fabulous and stylish men.
edit on 1-5-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You sound similar, in your response, to my old man.

My point, to him, was that I believe (I have no proof) that most of the transgendered (men who identify as female) who will use the female restroom will be looking very much female and unless there is a body search before being allowed entry I don't see how one would know or suspect that the person entering is in reality a male biologically/anatomically.

I don't think that the majority of males who identify as and are living as a female look anything like the actors on late night comedy skits 'costumed' as females (again, I have no proof of that) The beards and terrible dresses, etc. I don't imagine that women who identify as males will be attempting to use a urinal unless they are anatomically male.

As an anatomical female, I find 'hovering' over the commode difficult enough at times and can't imagine trying to use a urinal.

My unsolicited two cents.

edit on 1-5-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Guys, i solved this whole bathroom debacle, one bathroom per establishemnt. boom. one locked door, one stall. you didn't go before you left the house? well, now you stand in line with all the other assh@les. . .

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I dont know if i should speak my mind but this is ATS so i totally will....

I dont see the issue here, the guy thougth a mistake had been made, he seemed polite and a little embarrassed that HE had made the mistake but would we HEall be going "oh that guy needs his head examined" if it WAS a guy following a guy into the wrong bathrooms and saving a female from a potential predator?

edit on b12121238 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well the mans intention was noble. There was just some confusion because of the way the woman was dressed.

but what IF it was a malicious man claiming to be transgender and a small girl was inside??

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

What IF the (wo)man following your (daughter)son to the restroom is actually a malicious person ready to assault them??? It's nonsensical to try and prevent every scenario, and the assumption/fear says more about your own mind than about the transgender people. Not that I'm implying that you want to assault young children, but it does seem like you have quite a lot of prejudice towards these people.

The prejudice against trans people makes me happy for someone I know that she isn't living in the USA. Gosh- the assumptions! Like it's somehow more justified with them than other people to assume or fear that they're creepy pervs, rapists waiting for a chance, etc. South Park may be funny to a lot of people, but the Eric/Erica episode really isn't real life. (and there he didn't become ''Erica'' to creep on girls, just because he liked their restroom better and got a toilet of his own)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You can just about bet there will be violent encounters, with people hurt or killed. Let me ask, did you think it would turn out otherwise ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You can just about bet there will be violent encounters, with people hurt or killed. Let me ask, did you think it would turn out otherwise ?

the people trying to rewrite rules are out of touch with reality. Its insane to mess up things for the majority to pander to a micro minority.

violence over bathroom use is a scenario that everybody just saw coming and more people are gonna get hurt/Killed. But for some people, a change is good if it makes THEM feel warm and fuzzy

Their thought process:
"we did it! we ended transphobic bigotry and hatred by forcing normal people to share there bathrooms with transgenders!!!"

ROFL
edit on 1-5-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This country has become obsessed with where 0.1% (or whatever, I don't care) of the population can and can't take a dump.

I'll say that again. Maybe if you say it out loud it will sink in how utterly insane this whole thing is.

This country has become obsessed with where 0.1% of the population can and can't take a dump.

Where people poop has consumed the culture. A minority of a minority of a minority. Pooping. Or not pooping. Or pooping under emotional duress.

Don't people have any real substance in their lives to focus on anymore?

It's depressing.

edit on 5/1/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

This is the picture of a natural woman in the women's restroom, where she belongs, according to conservative states. But isn't she likely to get beaten up by conservatives if she goes into the ladies room?

I think the whole thing isn't about which bathroom transgender people should use at all, but is about punishing transgender people and making a mockery out of them regardless of which bathroom they use.
edit on 02amMon, 02 May 2016 00:34:38 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join