It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mind has been blown. Read this post to find out why.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

why is it so difficult to admit that perhaps you remembered it wrong?

Why is your memory infallible?

Perhaps during transcription details are left out, only major details are kept?

I grew up reading the books, it's always been an A.

Nothing unusual, its all explainable, google how memory works.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Sorry, it was BERENSTEIN. No doubt.

Thousands of visual contacts over 30 years.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Again, explain to me, why others can have faulty memory, yet yours is not?

Wait dont.

I know you aren't looking for actual answers, you wanna believe, what you feel you want to be right.

reply or don't we can have a circular argument for pages if you like

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
30 years looking at BERENSTEIN BEARS.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
30 years looking at BERENSTEIN BEARS.

Memory Errors

Your memory is not infallible.

Since I doubt you'd click the link

False memories
False memories, sometimes referred to as confabulation, refer to the recollection of inaccurate details of an event, or recollection of a whole event that never occurred. Studies investigating this memory error have been able to successfully implant memories among participants that never existed, such as being lost in a mall as a child (termed the lost in the mall technique) or spilling a bowl of punch at a wedding reception.[7] In this case, false memories were implanted among participants by their family members who claimed that the event had happened. This evidence demonstrates the possibility of implanting false memories on individuals by leading them to remember such events that never occurred. This memory error can be particularly worrisome in judicial settings, in which witnesses may have false recollections of a crime after it has happened, especially when told by others that particular things may have happened which did not.[8] Another area of concern regarding false memories is in cases of child abuse.

Misinformation effect[edit]
The misinformation effect refers to the change in memory due to the presentation of information that is relevant to the target memory, such as leading questions or suggestions.[10] Memories are likely to be altered when questions are worded differently or when inaccurate information is presented. For example, in one experiment participants watched a video of an automobile accident and were then asked questions regarding the accident. When asked how fast the automobiles were driving when they smashed into each other, the speed estimate was higher than when asked how fast the automobiles were driving when they hit, bumped or collided into each other. Similarly, participants were more likely to report there being shattered glass present when the word smashed was used instead of other verbs.[11] Evidently, memory recollection can be altered with misleading information after the event.

Doubting you read any of this

I await your rebuttal

edit on 4-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I await your rebuttal

You asked someone else the question but I'd like to chime in (if that's okay):

If there were a phenomena present in our reality that was...say... two timelines merging, or people meddling in the past (with future time travel) which caused certain aspects of our reality to be rewritten, and the only vestige of the past history were some kind of metaphysical remnants in our brains that are unaffected solely because our minds (spirits?) are connected to another plane of existence, what kind of scientific explanation would come out of the result of that phenomenon(?).

In other words, our physical reality was entirely overwritten, perhaps nothing much of relevance was changed. Maybe a death here, or a birth there. Maybe someone bumped into another at a train station and it stopped random person from being inspired, and that person would later become an author. Who knows? But because of a spiritual connection we maintain to the life we were living before the shift in our physical reality, for some reason we remember little oddities like what is found in the Mandela effect.

I used to be the standard 'debunker' to just about everything, but lately I've rethought my approach. Some times perhaps it's worth a suspension of disbelief, or at least a more neutral presentation of the facts (scientific facts) simply so people can have some collaborative discussion on the subject.

In other words, if were are merely out to rationalize each topic, can we not do so by saying, "Here's the scientific, rational explanation for it - if anyone is searching for that: -insert text-"

and, if you are feeling more adventurous...

"While I believe the common explanation for this phenomena adequately explains our experiences, if I were to speculate, or interpret it from a fictional standpoint, my thoughts on it are -insert text-

...if you're looking for the conventional explanation, here it is: -insert text-"

If you are presenting the facts in that manner, there really should be no reason for heated debates or getting into arguments about what each person believes or chooses to believe is the only possible solution. And don't get me wrong, I've been guilty of it too. But I'm trying to be more neutral these days.

Something something why can't we all just get along?
edit on 4-5-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

My post earlier on in the thread was, if I may say so, exactly in that spirit.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Again, explain to me, why others can have faulty memory, yet yours is not?

Wait dont.

I know you aren't looking for actual answers, you wanna believe, what you feel you want to be right.

reply or don't we can have a circular argument for pages if you like

LIke i mentioned in an earlier post, the only reason I am certain is because of Paul Berstein, my dad's boss when I was a kid. It was a joke that we had with him.

So what if we are left with you and I both being right? I think that is the path that is worth exploring.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: boncho

My post earlier on in the thread was, if I may say so, exactly in that spirit.

Indeed. Well done sir. I should have thought of the angle you provided as well, but I left it in another reality somewhere.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I said I would not reply again. I changed my mind, sorry.

I think we have been moved for some special reason. I hope the reason is filled with kindness.

What may have happened is way beyond our control.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The special reason is the special sauzz.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I got me one them quantum-mechanicalized pipe-wrenches.
'Bout time to get busy.
I apologize for any dimensional shifts you may experience.
edit on 3-9-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

When universes collide?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join