It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mind has been blown. Read this post to find out why.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
People don't want to reply to this thread because it jerks them down the rabbit hole.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

That must be it.

Rabbit hole deniers.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

While my living room is not quite Wonderland, it is rather comfy.

Honestly, our memories are not photographic and prone to change based on our personal bias. I sincerely doubt the our much beloved childhood book is the lynchpin to alternate realities or parallel universes, as fun as that sounds.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ok, this post will be a little quote heavy.

Article on False Memories

Memory distortions are basic and widespread in humans, and it may be unlikely that anyone is immune.

This article suggests that a large number of people might have false memories.

With that in mind ...

Infinite monkey theorem.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on atypewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

I know. WTH do monkeys and Shakespeare have to do with this thread? Im getting to it.

"monkey" is not an actual monkey, but a metaphor for an abstract device that produces an endless random sequence of letters and symbols

OK, so your false memories are your own personal monkey jamming on the keyboard. Given enough people with monkey buisness going on in their memories I postulate that it could be possible for many people to have the same false memories. But that is only part of my idea that could be a rational explination. The other half is perception based, Berenstain may not be easy for some people to pronounce and some people will say it with the sound of stine or steen on the end, like some German words. Some time passes without seeing the titles, in some cases years. Next time you read the title your memory of it may have been effected by the spelling of other words, or your perception of them anyway.

On top of that not everyone hears the same word when it is spoken.

Mondegreen

I put these out there as plausable explinations only, not a nay sayer or a beleiver. I love sitting on my fence so much I mounted my couch on it.

Now finally for my opinion, I think that if an alternate reality is leaking through to our side we would see more evidence of it than this. Then again I am willing to admit the flaw in that logic, if it changes every aspect of whatever is changed there wont be any evidence left behind except a few memories here and there.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Has anybody here ever "three-timed?"
I didn't coin the term.
It was a question asked by a friend.
I have done it twice.
First example...I wake up and walk into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.
Then I walk into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.
Then I walk into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.
Then I find myself slight startled and wondering what just happened.
The second time I was behind the wheel and experienced taking the same turn three times.
Glitchy it was.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

No, not quite. Although I have dreamt about getting up and going through my usual morning routine to get ready for school or work, only to realize I'm still in bed snoozing. I hate it when that happens.

On the other hand, I have experienced multiple instances of deja vu.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My guess is that typos by publishers have created a host of problems both for the creator of berenstain/stein bears but also proponents of Mandela Effect everywhere for several decades.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have read many discussions about this phenomenon on ATS before. My thoughts on this is that the Mandela Effect is the Mandela Effect. By this it means that the effect is not about the dis-remembering memories but instead is the group acceptance of it existing at all. It's just a silly meme.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

My questions include who is doing this? Why are they doing this?

Why leap to the conclusion that ‘they’ are doing this? It is a natural effect.

Quantum mechanics treats ‘reality’ as a ‘sum over histories’, meaning the sum of all possible outcomes of events, arranged according to the probability of their occurring. What this means is that an infinite number of slightly dissimilar realities is possible in theory, although we — apparently — only experience one of them.

Now this is where it gets interesting: theoretical physics is time-agnostic. Past and future are not distinguished in any physically definable way. They are purely subjective constructs. Theoretically, at least, time could flow in both directions. So yes, the ‘past’ is alterable by altering the direction of perceived temporal flow. Eggs unscramble. Lazarus comes forth.

Next, consider that there is absolutely nothing in the laws of physics to substantiate the concept of simultaneity. On the contrary, relativistic physics places the concept in grave doubt. Indeed, there is absolutely no reason why we should even experience the same universe as one another, leave alone experience it at the same time.

Finally, recall the work of evolutionary biologists who have shown that the likelihood that what we experience is a true presentation of reality is almost zero, because there is no selective advantage in true perceptions.

Put these things together and you will realize that these ‘glitches in the matrix’ as you call them are nothing of the kind. They are the normal operations of the universe. And they occur naturally, not because of some invisible puppetmaster behind the scenes. Get used to it.

If they are playing with our history retroactively, they are at the god level.

We are all gods, because we all construct realities.

edit on 1/5/16 by Astyanax because: it’s more fun this way.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Eloquently written. You seem to have a knack for logical gab.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Okay I've heard this before. I'm also very open minded when it comes to these types of things.

However I remember having the books and I always remember the way I pronounced it. I always pronounced it Berenstain. I remember learning how to write as a kid a starring at the A as it was in long-form and not printed on the book.

So people say it's 'Stein' and other people say it's BS. But I remember that A.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

In a digital age (this internet thing) it is quite easy to change anything, the physical world does not matter anymore.

Question (on topic): What colour legs does C3PO have?

Thanks

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm to exhausted right now to type a lengthy reply -- but is this "Mandela Effect" a real thing?

Sort of. Not in the simplistic way it has been presented.

The realities in which we all exist in are not unlike sitting in a sandbox. We all have more or less exact sandboxes with exactly the same toy shovels, buckets and toys. Each of us, however, has a private copy of the universe. Because we all use the same types of tools to shape the sand, our realities (more or less) match up most of the time.

Dimensional jumping is possible, but it's not as fancy or esoteric as it sounds. Our consciousness exists in a quantum state, but our functional awareness is locked onto only a small, insignificant part of the infinite. It is sort of like tuning into a specific reality frequency. All the other infinite realities are all being broadcast at once, yet you and I are only attuned to the frequency specific to you and I.

When you are able to direct your subconscious to another, nearby "frequency" you can shift your functional awareness to another "dimension" (for lack of a better word). You might notice small differences like the numbers on your mail box are black instead of bronze. Perhaps a neighbors dog you swore got run over is now alive. Usually, its small things.

Normally we don't and can't do this intentionally to ourselves. Usually shifts like this happen only when we have undergone extreme stress, and our minds react out of some kind of bizarre defensive mechanism, trying to move our awareness to a safer place. Perhaps after a near death experience you notice that a shirt you owned is purple instead of red. You could have sworn it was purple...

Because of the infinite nature of reality, shifts are generally tiny and nearly imperceptible. There's simply just way, WAY to many near-identical co-existing, concurrent realities ongoing right now that we can't and won't notice. Perhaps only a few electrons on Pluto have changed for example...you'd never notice that!

People have been trying to intentionally "dimensionally jump" for a long, long time. Most don't call it that though. You can find bits and pieces of it scattered around in Hermetic texts, The Master Key System or the new-age "Law of Attraction" stuff. That's what making your will and intent become reality is after all -- jumping to a "dimension" in which your desires are manifest.

And in a way we are dimensionally jumping moment from moment anyway, but so quickly and smoothly we don't even notice it. True spiritual "gurus" and masters through time have been thought to be able to notice this, direct their flow through reality and see potential possible outcomes.

Now, as to widespread changes being noticed? I think that this stuff is sort of like a viral meme that has infected the collective unconscious, altering our realities to all align with what this new altered pattern is all about. And as more people swear up and down things have changed, the more people will believe it -- and the more "real" it will become to even more people.

EDIT: I use terms like "frequency" for lack of a better descriptor. All I have to offer is analogies to things more understandable. So, don't think I'm trying to use actual scientific terms to explain things. All I know is what I have personally experienced, witnessed and experimented/played around with in my own life.
edit on 1-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Barenstain bears is misremembered because the last name -Stein is popular, not stain. Frankenstein, wolfenstein, etc.
Since the mind likes to do things easy, and given the pronounciation is easiest, it was converted into the normal reference for americans since it was easiest to remember.
The brain is lazy and will take shortcuts when available.

Another cool thing is the magic mirror on the wall thing. the original quote is magic mirror in my hand, who is fairest in the land. this was the original, then it converted to mirror mirror on the wall..Disney then sort of did a hybrid magic mirror on the wall
So, chances are the first time a person heard the saying was in a book as a kid by their parents, then eventually seen disneys version but the original was already sort of programmed in, so they just converted it..then years later, are shocked to remember it differently, although it is a perfectly understandable mistake

Same with star wars, "No, I am your father"

Peoples mind getting blown is another term for learning something they didn't realize they had wrong...and with the mandela effect, rejecting through pride that they could have been wrong..clearly the easiest answer is clone worlds, temporal manipulation, space time tearing, etc...that seems far more logical than realizing you got a pop reference wrong like many others.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Dimensional jumping is possible

The other dimensional you said this is hogwash. I am gonna agree with him.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

One lower leg is silver.
The remainder of the legs are gold.

Silver was all that was available when the lower part was replaced.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

One lower leg is silver.
The remainder of the legs are gold.

Silver was all that was available when the lower part was replaced.

Ok then, Stain or Stein?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Dimensional jumping is possible

The other dimensional you said this is hogwash. I am gonna agree with him.

Yeah, he's still mad that I took the ketchup back here with me. I ran out, needed some -- and "borrowed" it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ummm. No. Just No.

Here ya go

youtu.be...

Your ego doesn't like to admit your wrong is all

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join