It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

First yes the vast majority do revolve around finding discrepancies in bible tales. There are many to be found.

Second you have no solid evidence of a spiritual realm or other realm so why would we have to have an arguement against it.

Third religion itself is not based on logic or reason so ...

Four it's not pretentious to study the evidence and make rational decisions about belief systems.

And five your post is the epitome of whoring for likes. It's obvious you posted this for attention just like you did with your thread saying NASA pictures are all fakes.

Last but not least we aren't hard wired to believe in God or heaven and hell. In fact we indoctrinate children to believe in god the same way we tell them about Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

By the way you aren't fooling most. Gnosis faith, metatron etc.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Actually that's not true at all. Atheists spend more time in community volonteer activities on average than religious minded people. And they do it for the good of humanity and not because of fear of God or earning points or trying to bring people ($$$$) into their church. You are such a troll but I'll prove you wrong son.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

First yes the vast majority do revolve around finding discrepancies in bible tales. There are many to be found.

the bible is just a book written by man. Refuting an error filled book doesnt mean squat.

Second you have no solid evidence of a spiritual realm or other realm so why would we have to have an arguement against it.

I guess you also dont believe in aliens cos we dont have any evidence.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

says the guy that can only see this world through only one set of lenses,

there is more out there then you think brother just because you have been brainwashed does not mean all that believe somthing other than you is stupid or disabeld. Take a good long look at your comment and ask your self" what am i missing"?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Third religion itself is not based on logic or reason so ...

im not peddling any religion. Starting to believe in God is not equal to converting to a religion

Four it's not pretentious to study the evidence and make rational decisions about belief systems.

i was referring to the whole "scientific"
imagery atheists love to parade in. An atheist could have an 85 IQ but still love to think hes soo clever for not believing in God.

edit on 1-5-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

instead of doing some kind of self absorbed fake charity event that is for a cause that can easily be remedied, go to those people and clean there water and give it to them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

And five your post is the epitome of whoring for likes. It's obvious you posted this for attention .

no

Last but not least we aren't hard wired to believe in God or heaven and hell.
In fact we indoctrinate children to believe in god the same way we tell them about Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

generic atheist argument #58639

cultures around the world have a concept of God, heaven, hell, afterlife, souls etc. its been that way since recorded history.

But its all santa claus and easter bunnies to you eh?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: GlutenFree

Would you like me to put my p in your m?

Like I said I only ever met 1

Language and misreading

Would you like me to put it in pm

Is what I read

Like I said what ever is your reasons it sounds disgusting anywho yeah being new here has it's downfall but I at least fully get why there is other topics yes think 3 times

I forget why I lurked till now

Me speaking about myself: something intoxicating in the air you just can't help to act like a 14 year old boy ah most of my posting history is below garbage level my apology
edit on 1-5-2016 by GlutenFree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Actually that's not true at all. Atheists spend more time in community volonteer activities on average than religious minded people.

still nothing compared to the humanitarian services carried out by religious people.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

It does when it's supposed to be the preserved word of god which many believers think it is and use one scripture to back it up.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Yes cultures around the world do. But all of those dietues are different. Which should tell you something. If there was one diety then why all the different versions. Why not the same story from all ancient cultures ? People didn't know how weather worked so they thought god or spirits controlled the wind and made floods and earthquakes happen. People didn't know about the earth and how volcanoes worked so they blamed that on god. The reason cultures all had legends and stories of these magical beings isn't because they are real. It's because ancient cultures didn't have the modern knowledge we do now. It's pretty simple to understand.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Not true at all. Would you like me to bring up the crimes and massacres commuted by religious people ?

How about all the slaughtering God orders in the bible ?

How about the crusades ?

How about Islamic extremism?

Did you know that the countries with the least amount of religious people have lower crime rates and better levels of community service. ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

With talk like this...are you either pissed, on drugs or just a moron. On the internet anyone can bull**** as much as they like,and pretend to be what they would like to be, but one should not cross the line and degrade people or religion. Get a life friend and behave...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

People will mock you for this, but imo your starting to see more of the world. I don't know how I feel about dreams. The substance that causes us to dream is '___', and many tribal religions take it as a drug to get in touch with the spirit world. We know on death the pineal gland releases a massive amount of this stuff into our system. There is obviously an intangible aspect to reality . Introspect into yourself. Are you the meat you perceive and nothing more? I think not, this is also the reason we perceive a moral realm in our reality. Because we understand that humans are not just a complex arrangement of molecules but something more that is to be treated in accord to the moral worth we perceive behind them. I'll give you two arguments to believe in some type of transcendent creator.

1. Anything that begins to exists has an efficient cause.
2. The universe began to exists.
3. Therefore the universe has a cause.

(1) If God exists then he has necessary existence.
(2) Either God has necessary existence, or he doesn‘t.
(3) If God doesn‘t have necessary existence, then he necessarily doesn‘t.
Therefore:
(4) Either God has necessary existence, or he necessarily doesn‘t.
(5) If God necessarily doesn‘t have necessary existence, then God necessarily doesn‘t exist.
Therefore:
(6) Either God has necessary existence, or he necessarily doesn‘t exist.
(7) It is not the case that God necessarily doesn‘t exist.
Therefore:
(8) God has necessary existence.
(9) If God has necessary existence, then God exists.
Therefore:
(10) God exists.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Yet only three days ago you were offering up the theory that Trump is Jesus.
For the moment, I'm going to defer believing that you write in good faith.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yet only three days ago you were offering up the theory that Trump is Jesus.
For the moment, I'm going to defer believing that you write in good faith.

i didnt say i believe trump is jesus. I said it was a theory that i heard somewhere and asked for opinions.

I also heard some say thst obama is the antichrist (im personally intrested in that subject)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

People will mock you for this, but imo your starting to see more of the world. I don't know how I feel about dreams.

my point about dreams was that some of them materialize in real life. Thats what got me thinking about a world beyond thos material one

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I had a dream therefore god. You do realise that how it looks. Just a shame we've lost another mind through lack of understanding or willingness to understand

I had deja vu therefore god.not just god...a religious god too.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Not true at all. Would you like me to bring up the crimes and massacres commuted by religious people ?

How about all the slaughtering God orders in the bible ?

How about the crusades ?

How about Islamic extremism?

?

I am not defending any religion.
Besides, more people have been killed for ideology and race.

Did you know that the countries with the least amount of religious people have lower crime rates and better levels of community service.

low crime rates have no real corelation with their lack of belief.
maybe some societies/peoples are generally more disciplined and less prone to crime.

What about north korea? they are mostly atheistic but its still a totalitarian craphole.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
I had a dream therefore god. You do realise that how it looks. Just a shame we've lost another mind through lack of understanding or willingness to understand

I had deja vu therefore god.not just god...a religious god too.

Thats not what i said at all. How do you explain dreams that come true on many levels?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join