It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prisoner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A prisoner I pondered over the world, stumbling forward in my chains, bereft of anyone's care. The others all jeered at me and pointed fingers, laughing. I did what I did, and believed what beliefs I held. I loved all who came near, contempt for those who jeered.

A prisoner I suffered what none ought to suffer. Words illegible without substance, without meaning. Words ought to flow like a river or a stream. Words from my pen crumble around haphazardly.

A prisoner sent to release, to death. My final words to no one, no one quite at all. I loved once, one girl, and loved all the human race. Yet they jeered and pointed fingers, at me, laughing.

I died then. Did anyone care at all? And all left, nothing, but for some words written poorly without meaning or sense. I loved some people, so I left.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
A prisoner I suffered what none ought to suffer. Words illegible without substance, without meaning. Words ought to flow like a river or a stream. Words from my pen crumble around haphazardly.
I died then. Did anyone care at all? And all left, nothing, but for some words written poorly without meaning or sense. I loved some people, so I left.

Those are my favorite lines!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I wonder why? Glad you enjoyed.
Always pleases me knowing others have enjoyed that which I have created.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'm not sure.

I am drawn to the dark.

It felt dark to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
It was all dark, I think. The words crumbling around and being haphazard rather than flowing. Very true. I can't make words flow right now. So I said so.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Nice one friend!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Thanks friend!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It reminds me of a spider between a window glass you look at it and it frantically runs around because it knows it's trapped and you want to pick it up to place it in the most beautiful garden but when you try the spider puts up such a massive fight you end up squishing it to death .. If it only believed the grass is greener on the other side and what lays in front is not a fatal cliff but merely an illusion.. You unconditionally love it and want to give it everything possible, but it doesn't see you or it doesn't trust you. what can you do you gave it free will and you can't make it have faith in you no matter how much you see it's cries and you feel hopeless because you know if it doesn't come on its own you rather let it live in the window glass then kill it

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GlutenFree

Hey I am happy your back!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GlutenFree
Mind you I am not of the greatest states of mind right now. So take my response as you will. I'm not sure trust would alter anything. Clearly in your example it would, but in mine? The point of my story(if that is what it is) is that I can not eloquently put into words my thoughts, but that there is this being of being a social outcast and no one caring about me/the character. There is no trust and no lack of trust.

new topics

top topics

join