It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's finally got to that point.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
David 64...my man your as normal as 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon. Age is what brings it on, the not giving a sh-t. When I realized I wasn't gonna live as long as I already had..........it was like eating raw persimmons. Old age & not giving a shat.....Goes together like beans & biscuits.a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You're normal, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Some might even suspect it is a concerted effort. To down grade the content.

I'm going to shut up now and go mine a nugget…

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'd stop giving a s*** if only everyone else would leave me alone.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Being a single father (I am 53 y/o) with two children still at home (10 and 12 y/o), my younger kids are all that have kept my from 'taking the pipe'.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: wtbengineer

Some might even suspect it is a concerted effort. To down grade the content.

I'm going to shut up now and go mine a nugget…

Wow...sorry you feel that way...sorry whole world that you feel that way...

I'm older than dirt. I've got lots to say and nothing to say. The trick that has failed to disclose itself with age is knowing when to do which. And let me say it for you, it doesn't add up to a can of beans.

I remain no body from no where. Why do I say that now? Because sooner or later, we all realize that we are no body from no where...that can be freeing, or it can be disappointing, or it can be both at the same time.

I come here, and there, and there, to read your thoughts, because they help me to understand my own. They help me to realize that it is really cool to be no one. It takes the pressure off. And it frees me to feel afraid also, when a tiny sentence sneaks in...got a doctor's appointment...Strange catalyst, if that's what it is. Strange because it's honest.

Try to see ATS with new eyes. If you squint, silently, you will see many wonderful people starting to return, a tad wiser, and a tad more courageous. And yes, you also will see a few idiots like me, a clown for a reason. There are a few very wise old grumpy people who really need a laugh...at the most inappropriate of times.

One example...being in a cemetery, having to arrange for my son's funeral. Never been to one before, cemetery or funeral...never had a son before...didn't know how to contain my fear and pain...didn't know what to do, how to behave...sat there, trying to make myself very small, in the corner of the Director's office. I looked down and saw a copy of Life Magazine on his coffee table, right smack dab in the center of a cemetery. I burst out laughing. Naturally the Director walked in at that exact moment. Those nano seconds of trying to read each other's eyes were classic. Yes, it would have been way more appropriate to think "WTF" but I didn't have that as part of my go-to vocabulary yet...nor had I heard the word Rant....really cool idea...I'd love to give it a try some day.

Go for it....well, actually, you just did...

Feel better?

OP, we all hear you. We just hear you differently. But we all care, just the same.

CF

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Catch me on a particularly bad day and you'll probably get an ear full of where to shove it.

I think that this is in the spirit of this thread:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

another hobby then. Golf maybe?
Maybe video games? Art?
Either way, dont give up man.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

One example...being in a cemetery, having to arrange for my son's funeral. Never been to one before, cemetery or funeral...never had a son before...didn't know how to contain my fear and pain...didn't know what to do, how to behave...sat there, trying to make myself very small, in the corner of the Director's office. I looked down and saw a copy of Life Magazine on his coffee table, right smack dab in the center of a cemetery. I burst out laughing. Naturally the Director walked in at that exact moment. Those nano seconds of trying to read each other's eyes were classic. Yes, it would have been way more appropriate to think "WTF" but I didn't have that as part of my go-to vocabulary yet...nor had I heard the word Rant....really cool idea...I'd love to give it a try some day.

Go for it….well, actually, you just did...

I just found a nugget. Thanks for sharing the irony of your agony and ecstasy .

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I haven't given a s*** in about 12 years. It hasn't hurt me yet. I'm gonna go ahead and congratulate you.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You are depressed and need some meds. more than likely.

I have never cared about any of the things you mention in the first place life long but I do care about my spouse and that is even tougher then not caring. Some day and we are elderly, she may leave me and I think that is something I can't survive.

In my experience my buddies that lost their marriages were one and all to blame, didn't go home after work, fooled around, had no respect for the wife and the huge job she was dealing with the kids and home and work in various cases. Not one of them had a wife who caused the problem so I guess at least some made choices and ended up with short term girlfriend situations or alone by their own actions.

Not saying you did of course.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

lol.
That's been my theme song since I first heard it on Bob and Tom a few years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

didn't go home after work, fooled around, had no respect for the wife and the huge job she was dealing with the kids and home and work in various cases. Not one of them had a wife who caused the problem

I am disabled and have been a stay at home Dad for about 11 - 12 years. I did the laundry, All of the cooking, cleaned the house, etc. Even did all the mowing, yard work, planting flowers....... Yes, it takes me what seems like forever to do all those things, but since I couldn't go back to work, I had to do something to keep my self esteem and not feel like a burden.
My wife cheated on me and I'm sure, by the sound of your reply, I'm to blame for that too.

No. I'm not depressed or need meds to rewire my brain in to thinking I'm happy. There's a huge difference between pissed and depressed.
Why is that people's first thought when someone gets sick of listening to the morons who need a safe place to hide from the ideas of others?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I have had many days I feel like I don't care anymore. My goal now is to just mitigate the damage the stupid does to me and my family. It is a complete poopstorm out there and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'd stop giving a s*** if only everyone else would leave me alone.

This crystalized my thoughts perfectly.

I wish I shared your ability to express myself so succinctly.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

My wife cheated on me and I'm sure, by the sound of your reply, I'm to blame for that too.

No. I'm not depressed or need meds to rewire my brain in to thinking I'm happy. There's a huge difference between pissed and depressed.
Why is that people's first thought when someone gets sick of listening to the morons who need a safe place to hide from the ideas of others?

You seem to either read the wrong post or misinterpreted mine.

You do sound depressed, I have no way of knowing if that is so, since we are all expressing our own particular thoughts and opinions here mine should not bother you.

Not sure what this means but you are the one sharing with all of us morons, I suppose we have the right to share back on a public forum.
You opened your personal pot now we all get to dig in.

edit on 29-4-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It does a person good to shut the world out and stop giving a crap. It's like hibernation for the soul and people always crawl back out of the cave and join the world again.

Humanity and society never really changes, it's only our perspective of it and how we relate to it all.

Enjoy your break from it all

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I just wanted to tell you that something strange has been happening to me lately. At 57 I seem to be changing, not in relation to the above, but in trying to come back to some kind of place where I can find some meaning to life. Something bigger than what we see. I don't know, maybe the beginnings of a rambling, senile coot that will sit drooling in my own piss after my young wife puts me in a home, but I'm longing for relationships now, reaching out to old friends, things I didn't have time for for years. Sorry to derail your thread, I'll stop now. But I am kind of excited about things going on in my life now in a way I haven't been for a long time, and it has nothing to do with the world around me.

a reply to: openyourmind1262

David 64...my man your as normal as 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon. Age is what brings it on, the not giving a sh-t. When I realized I wasn't gonna live as long as I already had..........it was like eating raw persimmons. Old age & not giving a shat.....Goes together like beans & biscuits.

I think you two have stumbled onto something. Life is full of obstacles, spikes, thorns, gold rings, beauty, and ugliness. Life is short and you can't grab it all, so we have to choose wisely.

I believe that many of us have made it to that platform at the train station of life, where we decided it was time to take a break. We didn't know that when we stepped off that train to stretch our legs, that it was going to be our minds that would be stretched instead, or that we would be struck with the realization that the trip is a one way ticket, and the road once traveled disappears behind us, leaving us with nothing but the memories that we generate.

At this station we realize life is briefer than we ever thought, and our future comes with no promises beyond what we can manage to grasp for today. Like Manna that had to be collected each morning and eaten before the day ended, life has to be treated the same way. Manna could not be stored and is said to become rancid and worm filled if you tried to hoard it. Such is life.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Each day I grow more jaded and cynical. Each day I try to stop, and each day it only gets worse.

Vicious cycle my friend. You sound a bit older than me, but I'm 29 and I can relate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join