It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's finally got to that point.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I just don't give a sh**.
It's not a spur of the moment thing, it's something I've thought about for quite a while. Got married..got divorced. Got married again years later, that lasted for about 20 years...got divorced. Been looking around for about a year now and can't find anyone I want to date and.... I just can't bring myself to care.
About much of anything.
Oh, I still worry about my kids, paying the bills and all that every day stuff...but people?
I just don't give a sh**.
I thought I didn't when I was younger. I went my own way, did what I wanted to do and pretty much ignored the "in" things that everyone else was doing, but I guess I still cared about other's opinions to a point. Now? I just don't...well, you get it.
Now, here come the one's who'll tell me when I stop caring, I stop growing a s a person or some other metaphysical crap...know what? Yeah, you got it.
Political views? Doesn't matter who wins. The world will go on pretty much as usual.
I just can't bring myself to listen to one more person whine about how unfair the world is, how special they are and how much they "deserve" whatever it is they think they deserve.
I just can't bring myself to give a damn about their petty problems and if some guy can dress up like a woman, because it's his "inner identity" and go pee in the lady's room. Go piss up a rope for all I care.
Maybe it's just me being bitter, because, although the world is supposedly getting better, it just seems to be falling apart that much faster,, with all the different sides, fighting for different things, that are not important to anyone but them and ignoring what's best for the most people.
The supposedly tolerant people showing the most hate and intolerance.
And...ya know what?...I just don't give a sh**.

edit on 29-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ED: Adressed by OP.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

edit on 29-4-2016 by DISRAELI because: now redundant

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Sorry. Hit enter by mistake.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ahh, you're starting to come around to my world, I've been doing my damndest lately though, to change. How old are you? I know you've probably mentioned it on here before, but I am just interested for comparisons sake I guess. I think after spending years and years feeling what you describe I am finally trying to change into a person who does give a crap just because I have found that the only thing that's important is our interrelationship as people, how we love and treat others. Not for results, not for gain, not because it's going to affect the world in any way, but just because that's all there really is when every other false perception of reality is stripped away.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

WTF is going on???

edit on 29 4 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You kind of sound normal to me. We do not really have to give a sh** if we do not want to. We are bound to following some of the laws and rules of society but giving a sh** isn't really on the list.

A small group of people make the laws and rules to control the majority because they whine a lot. That sucks but it is the way it is. The worst thing is that they try to indoctrate us to believe that this stuff is necessary, then some people in society learn to twist it to benefit themselves

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Ahh, that explains it. lol.

You do sound a little jaded. Getting involved with good people can restore your faith in humanity.

Helping others is also a good way to feel better in yourself.

Hope you find some form of balance between bs and happiness !

Cheers David.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Be a man and start drinking your life away if you don't give a s**t.
Or some other hobby.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I've always been what people call a "hard ass". I have no patience for airheads and whiners and it's seems that, over the last few years, the world has become full of them. Every one has their own little Cause and if you don't agree, why, you're a racist, bigot, misogynist, homophobic,...........you get the point.
I'm just sick of people. Period.
Thing of it is, I'm still nice to everyone I meet. Still polite to store clerks, still try to be civil to everyone, but when they start the "I'm special, I'm Right and you're wrong if you don't think like I do" I just tune them out. If they're lucky. Catch me on a particularly bad day and you'll probably get an ear full of where to shove it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Tried that years ago.
There are no answers at the bottom of a bottle.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an

WTF is going on???

My first thought every morning, lol.

CF

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Off to see the Wizard, be back later.
[ I got a Drs appt. ]

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

argh my Martian brother - welcome to the real world- i genuinely dont give a monkeys about most things, my wife genuinely thinks im emotionally autistic. i care about stuff in a different way. I acknowledge it and thats it. i just learn to deal with it and move on. i think most people really dont give a monkey about other people. They just pretend to care because its the so-called right things to do.

It was George Carling that said- "the older you get, the more you look around, the more you realise some thing is F88Cked up,"

i feel we just not able to thrive as a human race and we just have to deal with the rubbish we are left with. Lions, tigers and other animals can be in their natural habitat and thrive and possibly evolve. As humans we cant, too many laws and regulations that suppress you from being what we should be. Free Human beings.

we are nature beings and nothing we really do is natural, even the food we eat, the polluted air we breath, its all man made human crap and living in a reality made up by humans, this is not what reality really is. Its just what we are taught,
the older you get i think the more people tend to realise it.

Rant away, cry away, laugh away - its you life and you do what you feel you want to do. longs you dont do un-just to other people, everything else is fine in my book

if you from the UK maybe we should meet up for a pint and a rant

edit on 29-4-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

originally posted by: Hex1an

WTF is going on???

My first thought every morning, lol.

CF

lol... That is very funny

This is the first thread that changed It's: Title and Contents mid stream lol
When I posted my reply the title and contents of the thread changed to something else.

This is like a morphing/shapeshifting thread.

Oh my,I better off going back to Bed Clownfish lol

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
people seem to have lost the ability to "agree to disagree"

we've lost our common ground to opposite extremes

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

But what do you give s*** about? Everybody cares about something.

Do a thread about that, because personally I agree to the extent that these days, the theme has been hijacked and taken some complete other place.

I turned off my TV to come here. Now it login to find the tv has invaded this space with all its playground and sand box behavior.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Reading your previous posts on the forum you are like the last person who I would have expected to write this post .. You care too much if anything

edit on 29-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: Opinions

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I get you, I feel exactly the same way about all those things too. I've always been very much like that, polite, civil to people, etc. and I think that's important. But I've lived very much outside of what I consider to be the artificial construct of society that's held up by the media and ingrained into us when we feed at the trough mindlessly... well, enough going on about that... but I just haven't given a crap for many years.

I just wanted to tell you that something strange has been happening to me lately. At 57 I seem to be changing, not in relation to the above, but in trying to come back to some kind of place where I can find some meaning to life. Something bigger than what we see. I don't know, maybe the beginnings of a rambling, senile coot that will sit drooling in my own piss after my young wife puts me in a home, but I'm longing for relationships now, reaching out to old friends, things I didn't have time for for years. Sorry to derail your thread, I'll stop now. But I am kind of excited about things going on in my life now in a way I haven't been for a long time, and it has nothing to do with the world around me.
edit on 4/29/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Very good point you make, that's the biggest change I've noticed around here, and why I have stopped posting for a long long time. I read every day, in fact I spend far too much time here looking for something that I mostly don't find anymore. Well, I still find it in the few and far between postings from select members.

<<   2  3 >>

join