It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking at the face of evil.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

People say anything. What are you saying?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

That I didn't know Ghandi was politically "evil" (apparently) nothing else

edit on 29-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: sp

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I lived with an evil person for 8 years. That's how long it took for me me to wake up and escape.

Didn't end there. No matter how much I tried to get away, this person troilled me for another 15 years.

Sucked the life out of me. When it came to trying to bleed me again when I was with my current lady the succubus made false allegations. Lost in court. Was made to pay. A friggen nightmare this person. I reckon she lived off hormones. My bad. My poor choice.

Thoroughly evil she was.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I think (in the West) we start off with the church putting the evil eye on us by telling us that we are all sinners from the second we are borne. If you think about how munch evil is splashed over young heads through religion its no wonder as people grow up they are fully aware of their evil options. Religion has taught in the past and certainly in two of the desert religions today hatred and an very unhealthy superiority complex but, I suspect many are too busy working to be too drawn into its worst sides.

However I don't and never have believed all are evil, in fact I think man is inherently good. It seems natural to me that people want to help each other and empathise with others. Yes, we do have psychopaths in our midst and they do considerable damage, mostly through their roles in industries where their cravings for power and money get satiated and of course the murderer who enjoys killing certainly exists, but these people are a minority.

Many have spoken about looking in the mirror and seeing evil looking back at them. However, if the ability to kill is considered an evil how would we defend our homelands in times of war. Is killing evil or just a tool when extreme danger exists we have to use - which doesn't in my book necessarily make us evil.

I do have one hatred and that's abuse of others especially children and especially sexually. I hate paedophiles and would castrate each and every one of them. It can be argued they are sick. I do know some ask for help and I think it should be given, but the damage these people do and especially when they are abusing their positions in society means until these crimes are met with a serious deterrent they will simply go on and be covered up in the name of protecting the perpetrators usually because they have money or position which would bring shame to our elite and their flunkies.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

That is really nonsense.I take it you were joking.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
Pardon me while I wax Philosophical here...

The Most Evil Person you will meet in your life time looks at you from the reflection of a Mirror.

True.

"Self" and "Other" are inextricably linked. If by nothing else, than by a world of shared experiences and connections.

Ill stop now....but I think you get it

edit on 4/29/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
It is hard for me to understand how evil plays out in this world.

But evil exists. Are we sure how it manifests itself? No.

But there is much testimony that evil acts are done by evil people. Children are sometimes involved so the story goes. Snuff films, etc.

Am I sure this is true? No. But where there is smoke there is fire.

Humans are many types. Sadly this includes the evil ones.

Than go to Syria and you will see plenty of evil. This way you will know.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So....who's really "evil"? The pawns in teh streets, or the puppetmasters making use of useful idiots?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I'd like to challenge your view of evil being necessary/having a role in life with the proposition that you are merely justifying evil because you can no longer deny it's existence.

Because it seems to me there may be stages to acquiring this... knowledge of evil.

The first stage is of course, we deny that the evils even exist because the existence of such evils makes us uncomfortable, and it's where we all start out naturally.

The second stage seems to be... justification of evils. Because if we're going to have to admit that these evils exist then we're going to try everything to make it more comfortable for us... and what better way to do that then to give evil it's place in our lives? EVIL EXISTS BECAUSE DUALITY/RELATIVITY AND WITHOUT IT WE WOULDN'T REALLY APPRECIATE GOODNESS! Except this is false, this is just the justification of evils in order to make us more comfortable when we face such evils.

The second stage is dangerous because it can lead to a certain tolerance of evil and in tolerating these evils we are inadvertently reinforcing them and giving them permission to continue in our lives (like saying it's ok what happened because something good came from it)... because "it was a blessing in disguise," right? Wrong. Some things will never be ok, like eating plastic.

Also, do you find yourself and one another shrugging and saying, "that's life. sh-t happens," pretty often? That's another tolerance of evils, in which you are giving the evils permission to exist in your life by accepting them as being part of your life/having a role in your life/being necessary to your enlightenment and growth/etc. And often I think people get kind of stuck in a loop between stage one and two... eternally sweeping evils under the rug only after you have justified its existence and given it permission to exist in your life.

But there's a third and final stage... when you're able to face evil and say, "sometimes sh-t happens and nothing good can come of it and it's uncomfortable and it sucks and I want to do everything I can to prevent that from ever happening again." In this third stage, you first acknowledge that the evils exist and then you reject them and do not give them permission to exist in your life/future.

But the third stage is the scariest of all because it requires change, and we all know nobody likes change... so maybe we can take the frog in the pot allegory again and turn it positive- by implementing changes so subtle that nobody notices the changes, but they are changes that will lead us out of dangerous temperatures and... into a safer environment.

Did I get too deep?
edit on 29-4-2016 by geezlouise because: lol

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I like you you rationalized that but naw you did not get deep enough...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The term "evil" feels like a cop out to me when applied to people.

Its like saying, "The things this person does are things I am incapable of", which is untrue. There is no 'evil" beyond a label we put on a category that we have invented. Its a way we compress the data, so to speak, by classifying it as "something" tangible, but that really doesn't even exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think we're all capable of being evil, think evil thoughts at times and indulge it occasionally, others take it to extremes that horrify us. I don't think there's some external force that exists as a source of it all though.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: Azureblue

I'd like to challenge your view of evil being necessary/having a role in life with the proposition that you are merely justifying evil because you can no longer deny it's existence.

Because it seems to me there may be stages to acquiring this... knowledge of evil.

The first stage is of course, we deny that the evils even exist because the existence of such evils makes us uncomfortable, and it's where we all start out naturally.

The second stage seems to be... justification of evils. Because if we're going to have to admit that these evils exist then we're going to try everything to make it more comfortable for us... and what better way to do that then to give evil it's place in our lives? EVIL EXISTS BECAUSE DUALITY/RELATIVITY AND WITHOUT IT WE WOULDN'T REALLY APPRECIATE GOODNESS! Except this is false, this is just the justification of evils in order to make us more comfortable when we face such evils.

The second stage is dangerous because it can lead to a certain tolerance of evil and in tolerating these evils we are inadvertently reinforcing them and giving them permission to continue in our lives (like saying it's ok what happened because something good came from it)... because "it was a blessing in disguise," right? Wrong. Some things will never be ok, like eating plastic.

Also, do you find yourself and one another shrugging and saying, "that's life. sh-t happens," pretty often? That's another tolerance of evils, in which you are giving the evils permission to exist in your life by accepting them as being part of your life/having a role in your life/being necessary to your enlightenment and growth/etc. And often I think people get kind of stuck in a loop between stage one and two... eternally sweeping evils under the rug only after you have justified its existence and given it permission to exist in your life.

But there's a third and final stage... when you're able to face evil and say, "sometimes sh-t happens and nothing good can come of it and it's uncomfortable and it sucks and I want to do everything I can to prevent that from ever happening again." In this third stage, you first acknowledge that the evils exist and then you reject them and do not give them permission to exist in your life/future.

But the third stage is the scariest of all because it requires change, and we all know nobody likes change... so maybe we can take the frog in the pot allegory again and turn it positive- by implementing changes so subtle that nobody notices the changes, but they are changes that will lead us out of dangerous temperatures and... into a safer environment.

Did I get too deep?

thank you for your post, you make good points and well argued. What I wrote comes from an author whose books i read in the 19070's. Most people rubbish this author and his work and that's their right. Truth is different for us all and and we all have to decide for ourselves what we will hold to be true and what we will hold to be untrue, each to their own, we are all on a different path in life.

We shall differ in our views but thank you for your high quality post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join