It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking at the face of evil.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It is hard for me to understand how evil plays out in this world.

But evil exists. Are we sure how it manifests itself? No.

But there is much testimony that evil acts are done by evil people. Children are sometimes involved so the story goes. Snuff films, etc.

Am I sure this is true? No. But where there is smoke there is fire.

Humans are many types. Sadly this includes the evil ones.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Pardon me while I wax Philosophical here...

The Most Evil Person you will meet in your life time looks at you from the reflection of a Mirror.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

That`s bullcrap.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So I just checked the mirror. Hmm, I saw someone. An angel! Not literally, but rather figuratively. I saw a being who cares for those close and vital. Those beloved. If this is evil, then I am pure evil.

Or more simply put the response above is true.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

The only one you can truly exert control over is the one in the mirror.

The only one you can change is the one in the Mirror.

The One that has all reason to truly hate you is the one in the Mirror.

Is not hate the ultimate manifestation of Evil??

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
No. I'd say murder, rape and genocide could be.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Once again, bullcrap. Deliver this message to the child raped.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yes evil exists

I have been fighting that evil for over 37 years in one uniform or another

I do not know if I ever made a difference in the grand scheme of things, but perhaps there are a few lives that are better for my efforts...

At least that is my hope

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

The ego is the source of all evil in this world. Remember that voice in your head is not you. You are infinite in your choices. Remember how Gandhi said be the change you wanna see in the world. It's an individual choice.

An excellent movie on the subject is revolver by Guy Richie.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Evil isn't a "thing", it's a choice, it's a conversation with your self, to do or not to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It definitely happens. In UK and US. It's not fun researching.

There's a member on here who would disagree with me. He's a sicko.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

First off thank you for your service sir.

Secondly the last line of your footer states my point in a very nice matter.

a reply to: Mianeye

Thank you for saying it more elegantly then I did.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

It's not that simple. Even if Gandhi says it is.

The choices can easily be manipulated from the outside. If that's not the case then why are we on our internet gorging on rubbish rather than helping the needy? We can all make that choice but we don't. We don't because modern evil has got to most of us.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

More like our desires and interests coveted by ones ego are not in line with helping the needy. I could donate ten bucks to charity but I would rather buy beer. But do I need beer like some poor soul needs food or clean water?

The ego is so deceptive that it convinces you it is you, and creates this devil that you can blame the evil on.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
It is hard for me to understand how evil plays out in this world.

But evil exists. Are we sure how it manifests itself? No.

But there is much testimony that evil acts are done by evil people. Children are sometimes involved so the story goes. Snuff films, etc.

Am I sure this is true? No. But where there is smoke there is fire.

Humans are many types. Sadly this includes the evil ones.

Evil has, unfortunately, got a legitimate role to play in the world we live in. Its role is to provide some with challenge, others with choices to make and for others to experience temptation and for yet others, to experience pain.

Unfortunately, we humans are not a particularly smart lot and we do not learn by love, we only learn by pain and suffering.

Only through pain and suffering that evil brings do we progress up the path of spiritual progress and evolve the spirit. Not all suggesting that evil is the only source of pain or suffering either, its just one of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I think they are. I think innate desires have been manipulated over the last couple of centuries. I think the bad yearnings of the ego have been reinforced and the good buried.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yeah I'm feeling it, OP. Sadly.

Having a rough time of it myself... it's hard to integrate these evils into everyday normal life. I don't have the answer.

Most people will deny that such evils exist until they are blue in the face (even if denying it hurts them more), me included.

It's the ultimate self betrayal, like the frog in the pot, it doesn't feel the change of temperature (or in our case, we deny, deny, deny) to it's own detriment. So in a way, we really are our own worst enemy... if we're the frog. So I guess the answer might be to not be that frog.

And I think your OP is like a frog that kind of feels the heat and wants to make the leap, so thank you for that.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

... I haven't been alive for that long. But I know how to make decisions and try and educate those around me about ethics and the what not. My choices are influenced by the world around me but I try to see them for what they are. Not me. These things you refer to cannot force you to do anything. They just make you think you will be happier/feel better if _.

What happens if you deny these impulses?
edit on 29-4-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

edit on 29-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: Nvm

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

There are people who label Ghandi as the source of the biggest evil ( I only recently heard that at uni I though he was like Buddha or one of those)

edit on 29-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: Wrong person

top topics

<<   2 >>

join