It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Of The Army Gives Strange Speech - "Prepare For little green men and hybrid armies"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
... Maybe they have already have picked sides on an Alien conflict, and Earth will have to go fight in space

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Strange. It could be he is simply referring to the Russian troops. They were being specifically called 'little green men' during the Crimea/Ukraine fiasco due to their green uniforms with lack of insignia.

My thoughts exactly.

That is the exact term used for Russian troops in Ukraine. The thing is, why do we have to prepare for them? Why is a military head person advocating a "Red Dawn"? Ohhh, yea I forgot, his paycheck depends on that.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, one would imagine that the next generation of 'competent, compassionate and character driven' military leaders would also have the IQ to comprehend the simple term 'cyberwarriors' or 'cyber warfare' or even plain old 'computer hacker'...to say 'hybrid armies' right before saying 'little green men' is just asking for alternative conclusions to be drawn.

Not to people that understand military conflicts and thr terms they use such as a group of cadets. They understood exactly what he meant new officers go through trainimg involving hybrid warfare and are even taught how to use the assets in a conflict. For example in thr gulf war prior to invasion of Iraq cyber warfare was deployed shutting down power plants and disrupting comunications

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We really are doomed now.

Mad scientists at CERN really did break through to the Land of Oz and now we are going to be invaded by the 'Little Green Munchkins' and the 'Wicked Green Witch'.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Fascinating, wonder what was in his cigar?.

Seriously I think he was giving a wink and a nod to the army knowing more than the sceptic's?.

But it has to be said that while I can not explain his little green men away or tribe's (major military action in the amazon perhaps - just kidding on that one) Hybrid army's can mean many thing's and I think he was referring to robotic and perhaps as other's have pointed out geneticaly enhanced or even engineered soldiers and even cyborg's part human or animal and part machine.

As drone's make headway in the sky and we are only one generation away from fighter pilot's (And perhaps commercial pilots as well) becoming a thing of the past then while everyone has been looking up as the air force stole the show what has the army's and the navy's research and development been up to at the same time, ground drone's the robotic soldier's of the future must also have advanced.

I don't like it, taking the human rational and ethic's out of the equation creates and army only a tyrant would dream of but it is undeniable that which ever nation has them will win any battle's of the future.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What, no living dead? No zombies at all? What a let down.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
What, no living dead? No zombies at all? What a let down.

Patience.....patience my friend

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Jade Helm 16 and the little green men!

Can't wait...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
calling them yellow these days is racist?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hybrid armies: use of mercenaries by states, and their integration into the national armed forces as part of a new hybridisation trend of contemporary armies. Governments  are undertaking an unprecedented wave of demilitarisation and military budget cuts. Simultaneously, these same governments are increasingly opening their armies up to foreign nationals and outsourcing military operations to private companies.  This is what has been experienced in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. This military term is not for hybrid beings, but a more descriptive understanding of the blending of private and governmental armies.

One source link

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Hybrids meaning cyborgs perhaps?

Man, I can't believe Milley let that out.

Hybrids, like chimerae. Armored bear cavalry, for real. Yeah, you're pretty much #ed.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Hybrids, like chimerae. Armored bear cavalry, for real. Yeah, you're pretty much #ed.

Dont forget the cyber enhanced rocket racoons. They are being trained to ride raptors.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"Hybrid army"

I think what he is referring to is the fact that this ain't your Daddies army any more, it can't be. It's a different world today from when my Dad served during WWII. Or the Air Force he served in during Korea, and Vietnam, and the Cold War.

Or the services some of you served in maybe only a few short years ago.

The face of warfare changes, and that's the thrust of his speech, I think, that the military needs to be able to change on the dime as the situation(s) call for.

MHO, of course.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry to bust the bubbles for you guys.

Little Green Men
en.wikipedia.org...

Hybrid Army/threats
en.wikipedia.org...
www.europarl.europa.eu...

Tribes
Obviously local villagers/divided pockets of civilians/Actual Tribal leaders that are still alive, Yes there are tribes still alive today even cannibal ones.

US is currently at war with either Russia or something else. LGM might either be our ally or not. Most likely could be sea level rising.

He said National Leaders so world leaders must be involved.

Seeing Tribes, US army is going to be all over the place now. Either Africa, Middle East, or EU(protecting borders).
edit on 28-4-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
As said, "Little Green Men" refers to the use of regular troops disguised as local rebels, as in what Putin did in Ukraine. This was a common term used by the US and other nations in describing who these mysterious so-called "rebels" were.

Everyone knew who they were. They wore green uniforms, they carried Russian weapons, drove Russian vehicles, spoke in Russian dialects, and several of them even admitted they were Russian military on camera.

This is a new type of invasion force, another form of subversive destabilization.

That's what he's referring to in his comments.

Hybrid Armies is much the same, a combination of regular troops from various branches mixed in with radical citizens, militants, terrorists and hired goons. For such an invasion force you want locals on your side and these are often criminal gangs and militants within a society willing to assist any invasion as traitors to their people - like the Americans or Brits during WW2 making plans to assist the Nazis should they succeed in invading.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Sorry to bust the bubbles for you guys.

You're no fun at all.

NOTHING would be more cool as an MOS than Armored Bear Cavalry Handler. NOTHING.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Dont forget the cyber enhanced rocket racoons. They are being trained to ride raptors.

Or dropped in on little parachutes. With bombs they can attach to equipment.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Damn genticists can't trust the lot of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Damn genticists can't trust the lot of them.

True. my clone agrees. i call him stumpy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join