It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of European men are decended from one man; Half of European men are decended from one man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Interesting!

I guess we have the very beginning of the White Male Patriarchy found in our genes? LOL

Whats cool is the idea of an elite springing up and controlling the procreation of the continent basically. Must have had quite the harem, or perhaps the Kokopelli stud muffin just hitting village after village and leaving pregnant women in his wake?

Half of European men are decended from one King

“Half of the Western European population is descended from just one man. We can only speculate as to what happened. The best explanation is that they may have resulted from advances in technology that could be controlled by small groups of men. “Wheeled transport, metal working and organised warfare are all candidate explanations that can now be investigated further.”

edit on 4282016 by Butterfinger because: spelling

edit on 4282016 by Butterfinger because: Had to change title because Im accused of click baiting

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No disrespect, but how can you turn an article in the newspaper entitled ...

Half of Western European men descended from one Bronze Age ‘king’
into your title

Half of European men are decended from one man; The white male Patriarch that started opression?

Where does oppression come into this article on genetics? Are you trying to say that oppression is a "white male" thing?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I would like to know the same. Way to be objective OP!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I was JOKING!

The article has an interesting discovery, and I thought it would be funny to throw the patriarchy in there doe to the recent problems with SJWs

The purpose of my post was for the content of the article, not the White male comment.

Jokes people, it was a joke

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I changed the title because I'm getting accused of Clickbait.

Not my intention, sorry to offend the same people I agree with by using a joke in the wrong field.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My first thought was Ghengis Khan...But I think on numbers, this bloke might have him beat

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I changed the title because I'm getting accused of Clickbait.

Not my intention, sorry to offend the same people I agree with by using a joke in the wrong field.

I checked your past posts because I was curious if you were being serious or not!

I thought for a second you might have been a feminist! lol

Interesting article though!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Deleted.
edit on 28-4-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ive been called alot of things, but a feminist?

I thought about the legend of Kokopelli and wondered if there was anything in European legends that may mirror this? I'm at work but low-key researching this...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The biblical King David was reigning around 1000 BC - geographically speaking, it's not unreasonable to assume that he may have known of this King.

ETA. A person who may have been the progenitor of a significant portion of a countries male population most certainly had a reputation to match in his day, records of which appear to be lost to the sands of time.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Japeth son of Noah went north and populated what is now europe.

The timeline seems to match the agreed upon 'biblical timeline' But considering King David as mentioned before was around 1011-970 B.C.

Now another thousand before I can probably buy the idea that the Flood could have happened. 2300 BC flood date

Genesis 11:10 tells us that Shem was 100 years old, 2 years after the Flood had finished. When was Noah’s Flood? 1,981 years to AD 1 plus 967 years to the founding of Solomon’s Temple plus 480 years to the end of the Exodus plus 430 years to the promise to Abraham plus 75 years to Abraham’s birth plus 350 years to Shem’s 100th birthday plus 2 years to the Flood. The Biblical data places the Flood at 2304 BC ± 11 years.

So I think this could reasonably be supported by Biblical records, and I'm leaning towards this explanation.

Thoughts? Flames?
edit on 4282016 by Butterfinger because: date quote

edit on 4282016 by Butterfinger because: grammer

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It used to be tradition 100's of years ago, for the Lord of the manor or district, or village etc to claim the right to sleep (read: Have sex with) with newly married brides...seriously.

The wedding night today is all about the traditional 'first sexual liason' between Husband and Bride, but way, way back, the Lord could and often did claim the right to be the young maiden's first sexual partner...and of course, could be the Father of future generations of the village, district or whatever.

This behaviour could of been a carryover from much, much earlier times, so it's not unreasonable to assume ancient Kings had this 'right' too.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
It used to be tradition 100's of years ago, for the Lord of the manor or district, or village etc to claim the right to sleep (read: Have sex with) with newly married brides...seriously.

The wedding night today is all about the traditional 'first sexual liason' between Husband and Bride, but way, way back, the Lord could and often did claim the right to be the young maiden's first sexual partner...and of course, could be the Father of future generations of the village, district or whatever.

This behaviour could of been a carryover from much, much earlier times, so it's not unreasonable to assume ancient Kings had this 'right' too.

And the first borns inherit everything. The Lords knew how to keep it all in the family.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hi Butterfinger,
Thanks for posting, I have been following this study on Dienekes' Blog ,
with this post, Bursts in Human Male Demography.

The actual paper goes into several male lineage expansions, and raises some very interesting questions regarding the spread of AMH throughout the world. Its most provocative data seems to show that modern africans are the result of a back migration of eurasians into africa some 70k+ years ago.

With respect to the population replacements in europe, during the chatholic/early bronze age, your source article is a little sensational and misleading. The time period they are discussing is a very dynamic time in europe, the indo euros are really pushing into western and northern europe, and it wasnt a peaceful movement of people. It was cultural invasion, that would have been the analog to the european expansion in the new world thousands of years later.
The IE people had very male centric stratified societys, where women seem to have been almost slaves?, in some groups.
They were also very warlike, there are sites in central europe that show whole villages were executed, with the exception of breeding age females, and other sites show that the male elites are all related within certain radius of each other, but that the women are almost always from a different region.
Got to go back to work
Will continue.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yes we all came from Noah the son of the Anunnaki God Enki (Prometheus)

According to Sumerian legend Noah (Ziusurdra) was the first person to be born with blue eyes.

This is what ancient Hebrew scriptures like the book of Enoch says about Noah's birth:

And after some days my son, Methuselah, took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore him a son (Noah). And his body was white as snow and red as a rose; the hair of his head as white as wool and his demdema (‘long curly hair’) beautiful; and as for his eyes, when he opened them the whole house glowed like the sun ...

And his father, Lamech, was afraid of him and fled and went to Methuselah his father; and he said to him,

“I have begotten a strange son. He is not like an (ordinary) human being, but he looks like the children of the angels of heaven to me, his form is different, and he is not like us ... It does not seem to me that he is of me, but of angels..."
- [Book of Enoch]

edit on 16-5-2016 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
With respect to the population replacements in europe, during the chatholic/early bronze age, your source article is a little sensational and misleading.

The article raised my eyebrows considerably, let me tell you!

The time period they are discussing is a very dynamic time in europe, the indo euros are really pushing into western and northern europe, and it wasnt a peaceful movement of people. It was cultural invasion, that would have been the analog to the european expansion in the new world thousands of years later.
The IE people had very male centric stratified societys, where women seem to have been almost slaves?, in some groups.
They were also very warlike, there are sites in central europe that show whole villages were executed, with the exception of breeding age females, and other sites show that the male elites are all related within certain radius of each other, but that the women are almost always from a different region.

While I think this is plausible to some extent, I am not convinced by the article that half of European men are descended from someone who lived 4,000 years ago. That's a lot of population and there was no population bottleneck at that time that I've heard about.

Oh yes... guys...for the record - I'm the feminist and I'm a Social Justice Warrior (and I've gotten people kicked off the Internet and off message boards in the past.)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Byrd, its a lot like the mitochodrial eve scenario.

There were other men breeding back then, its just that their lineages have been lost to time.
I would imagine, with all of the warfare in europe for the last 5000 years, there has been tremendous loss of lineages, because its men of breeding age that do most of the dying.

I am not convinced by the article that half of European men are descended from someone who lived 4,000 years ago. That's a lot of population and there was no population bottleneck at that time that I've heard about.

Actually, there is a major bottleneck in western european and med. populations, that occurs 4.2kya.
Nearly all european and med populations see effective minimum population size, of the sample groups only the Saami, Palistinians, and anatolians dont have major population drops during this period.

dienekes.blogspot.com...

Its not a coincidence either, that this bottleneck occurs in line with the 4.2 kilo year climatic event, that has now been shown to be the tail end of a multi century larger series of events that started in the mid 24th century and ended up with a thirty seven year periodicity.

cosmictusk.com...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: seeker1963

Ive been called alot of things, but a feminist?

I thought about the legend of Kokopelli and wondered if there was anything in European legends that may mirror this? I'm at work but low-key researching this...

I think Kokopelli is a pretty typical fertility deity.

As for a European analog, maybe Priapus? (Hope I'm not breaking any T&Cs lol)

edit on 17-5-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

top topics

join