It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark ethics council calls for tax on red meat to fight 'ethical problem' of climate change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

originally posted by: SprocketUK
What a travesty. A tax on the food we eat...

Hitler was a vegetarian and stuff like this makes me think that perhaps his vegetarianism might be what sent him dolally since there is a lot of omnivore hating going on in veggie circles.

we passed a new law in Denmark a couple of months ago, that allows us to pull goldteeth out of the mouth of refugess who tries to get asylum here... we take EVERYTHING they own, when they get here...

Iam just so proud of being a dane these days...

Didn't the Nazi's do a similar thing to the people they sent to concentration camps?

Have we not learned anything? Shameful.

Yes he did, and iam very ashamed to be a part of it
people are so affraid of terrorist these days, so we just accepts these kinds of things, because it makes us fell safer - I cant say much else than, iam sorry! i really am

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
All this green/climate change tax is just a scam, no amount of money can affect earths natural climate patterns, the earth has gone from extremes as a frozen ball of ice to a tropical climate before humans even walked the earth.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

a reply to: SLAYER69

Yes, Denmanrk are free to choose what they wish, but you know, as sure as eggs is eggs, other countries will adopt the same stance.

I guess they will be more than happy to continue exporting their bacon though.

Mmm, bacon.

Did you know, that almost all bacon you will find in Denmark, are imported?? we export all the good stuff to other countries, its crazy!! I need my bacon!!!!!

I didn't know that.

In fact I walked to my local shop this morning and purchased 6 rashers of Danepak, thick cut, and 4 crusty rolls.

I usually purchase local produce to support my local farmers, but alas, my local shop doesn't stock it.
edit on 28/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Hey, this isn't too different from the idea of taxing soda and other sugary drinks, only this time they're doing it to "save the planet" not your waistline.

Imagine though, if they can get people to cow (see what I did there) to paying extra money for something necessary to life, then how long until they can get people to feel so guilty for living that they can slap a breath tax on us? After all, we exhale carbon dioxide and burp and fart methane, too.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The meat I eat has never caused the destruction of a single rain forest. Why? Because it is reared and slaughtered here, in Britain. Every single morsel of food I consume these days originates in the British Isles, from the fish, to the potatoes, to the beef and the onions.

So...what of it?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh, goodie! We already have the garbage police. Now you want them digging into your poop too?

Isn't there such a thing as too intrusive?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Hitler was a vegetarian and stuff like this makes me think that perhaps his vegetarianism might be what sent him dolally since there is a lot of omnivore hating going on in veggie circles.

we passed a new law in Denmark a couple of months ago, that allows us to pull goldteeth out of the mouth of refugess who tries to get asylum here... we take EVERYTHING they own, when they get here...

Didn't the Nazi's do a similar thing to the people they sent to concentration camps?

people are so affraid of terrorist these days, so we just accepts these kinds of things, because it makes us fell safer - I cant say much else than, iam sorry! i really am

It's all part of the master plan, as is this suggestion for taxation on red meat.

More control, erosion of freedoms a bit at a time, sometimes so small we don't take notice of it.

Mein Kampf was the blue print for it all.

It's all of our fault, not just yours.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Good for Denmark. It's irrational and irresponsible to consume red meat on a daily basis and it requires factory raising or cutting down forests for grazing. Even if you are incapable of realizing man made climate change is happening, you've got to be able to realize that factory raised meat is really unhealthy to eat and that cutting down rain forests is just flat out stupid.

Climate change or no, consumption can't continue to go unchecked.

Its insanely stupid, eating the stuff we do. But we allready pay something called a "fat-tax", and there isnt much healthy food left in our stores anymore, so we dont got much of a choise (yes we do, but its expensive) - If they have to keep puting taxes on things, make the companies that produce the unhealthy food pay them. As it is now, not many people can afford healthy food, a new tax to make it even more expensive, wont help at all, it will just make it even harder to afford the more expensive healthy food...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did you know that with a little searching most places have actual butcher shops that offer meat grown locally? I know of two in my area. One caters to the BBQ competition crowd so if you want large size cuts you go there, and the other is more boutique, but it has lamb and excellent in-house charcuterie.

The thing they both have in common is that neither sells meat that required the cutting down of any forests seeing as how the area I live in is a plains area and given the hilly terrain ... it's best suited for grazing anyhow.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Good for Denmark. It's irrational and irresponsible to consume red meat on a daily basis and it requires factory raising or cutting down forests for grazing. Even if you are incapable of realizing man made climate change is happening, you've got to be able to realize that factory raised meat is really unhealthy to eat and that cutting down rain forests is just flat out stupid.

Climate change or no, consumption can't continue to go unchecked.

You could always try better tasting, healthier meat like Hereford beef, the breed fattens on pasture rather than supplements so it's much better for you and an entirely rational choice.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Sounds like you all need to go Wiking :-)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

It's all part of the master plan, as is this suggestion for taxation on red meat.

More control, erosion of freedoms a bit at a time, sometimes so small we don't take notice of it.

Mein Kampf was the blue print for it all.

It's all of our fault, not just yours.

yeah, its really, really sad
But i also think more and more people a waking up to whats really happening in the world, so i still got high hopes for the future, even though things arent looking good at the moment

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
We just have to learn to just say "No!"

This is the stuff that create wars.

If we fight people for what they might do, maybe it is time we fight people for what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If only everyone would buy their meat that way.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Sounds like you all need to go Wiking :-)

lol, i would love that
- i got the blond hair, and the blue eyes, but i seem to have misplaced my battle axe..
so unless my neighbour is gonna let me borrow his, i dont think its gonna happen lol

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

Sounds like you guys have some tweaking to do. You shouldn't be paying taxes for privatized anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I'm one of those evil vegetarians...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Sounds like you guys have some tweaking to do. You shouldn't be paying taxes for privatized anything.

Exactly, at this point, i would rather abolish all taxes, and pay for everything myself, cause what were doing now is just insane. But i like we got all this "free" stuff, and we know we can afford it, it used to work just fine in the past - but at some point, we all became to gready i guess
edit on 28-4-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just to expand on earlier posts... if large corporations were forced to pay the true cost business, like small business does there would be a lot less need for taxes to curb consumption. I think too a lot of our economic troubles would straighten out.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Your government got bought off, like ours did. For instance we pay taxes for free public schooling but now nearly half of our education budget goes toward charter (corporate owned public schools) schools.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join