It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark ethics council calls for tax on red meat to fight 'ethical problem' of climate change

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Here is an interesting proposal for all the vegetarians and those who hate meat... Where all this will end no one knows but you got to give them credit.... if there is an untapped tax revenue; some government will figure out how to take it.

If the USA tried something like this I would bet Texas would say, "Up yours and the horse you road in on.. We are out of here "!

Denmark is considering proposals to introduce a tax on red meat, after a government think tank came to the conclusion that “climate change is an ethical problem”.

The Danish Council of Ethics recommended an initial tax on beef, with a view to extending the regulation to all red meats in future. It said that in the long term, the tax should apply to all foods at varying levels depending on climate impact.

The council voted in favour of the measures by an overwhelming majority, and the proposal will now be put forward for consideration by the government.

www.independent.co.uk... ml

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm a vegetarian but i don't want to stop others eating meat. It's natural after all.

Stuff like this just proves that mainland Europe is beyond saving. Let the SJW idiocracies burn.
edit on -050004am4kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

It said that in the long term, the tax should apply to all foods at varying levels depending on climate impact.

WTF!

This sounds like they're gearing up to start taxing people on every type of food in the not too distant future, not just red meat. So now, not only are people being taxed for the work they do, they will start being taxed for simply needing to eat.

"Depending on Climate impact"

Before mankind raised vast herds of cattle to slaughter, Mother nature had even larger herds of wild animals worldwide in staggering numbers and varieties and functioned just fine. Here in the US back in the day, when settlers first crossed the American continent they were awe struck over the shear size and volume of the great wild Buffalo/Bison herds which were indigenous and later, replaced by livestock.

But,

The Danish are free to do what they wish in their own country.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I envision a world not so far away in the future where the "Al Gores" and others warmist high priests will enjoy all the good stuff like red meat, while the rest of the population, the "peasant", will have to eat insects and craps, all in the name of the Church of the Warmingology. Probably also "Soylent Green"...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The tax should be calculated not at source but at waste – ie analyse what sewerage comes out of peoples houses; a sliding scale tax based on what crap they’ve been eating ie candies, sugars, salt,

Go one step further people that use too many medications should be taxed higher as the waste contaminates waterways and ends up back in the food chain.

I wonder if the McDonalds/fast food and the restaurant trade will be double hit as well once through stock purchases and then they will collect a further tax on their meat dishes from their customers. More tax collection and paperwork.

Will the meat purchases in the Parliaments Diners for the politicians be exempt?

Give me a break! Robbery, thieves, maggots, may they be eaten alive by pigs in a sty, may they suffocate in a lump of Tofu

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Appalling!

Now, as a non violent person i shouldn't really say this.........but........the home of bacon introducing a tax on red meat? (does bacon count as red meat?).............this is the sort of thing Jihad was designed for!

As an aside, did anyone see this the other day? Why it's impossible to actually be a vegan or vegetarian

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This sounds like they're gearing up to start taxing people on every type of food in the not too distant future, not just red meat. So now, not only are people being taxed for the work they do, they will start being taxed for simply needing to eat.

Taxes and death my friend... Taxes even after death... And yet there are people who willingly want to pay more .... as you say WTF!

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

www.smh.com.au...

Clearly, animals eat plants. What’s not so clear from this picture is that plants also eat animals. They thrive on them, in fact (just Google “fish emulsion”). In my new book, A Critique of the Moral Defense of Vegetarianism, I call it the transitivity of eating. And I argue that this means one can’t be a vegetarian.

A transitive property says that if one element in a sequence relates in a certain way to a second element, and the second element relates in the same way to a third, then the first and third elements relate in the same way as well. Take the well-worn trope “You are what you eat.” Let’s say instead that we are “who” we eat. This makes the claim more personal and also implies that the beings who we make our food aren’t just things. How our food lives and dies matters. If we are who we eat, our food is who our food eats, too. This means that we are who our food eats in equal measure. Plants acquire nutrients from the soil, which is composed, among other things, of decayed plant and animal remains. So even those who assume they subsist solely on a plant-based diet actually eat animal remains as well. This is why it’s impossible to be a vegetarian

Andrew Smith is the assistant professor of English and Philosophy at Drexel University.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Soon they will find out why government run healthcare is a horrible idea when they're forced to take eat and do what gov wants to keep your HC.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It's desperation, they are desperate to make everything man's fault so they can justify taxing everyone to death.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Red meat... Uh huh. In Denmark?

Sounds foolish if you ask me. It might work in a hot country, where vegetables and pastas, grains and the like can be substituted without too much harm. But in nations where the temperature can be low for prolonged periods, it makes no sense what so ever to place restrictions on red meat consumption. Colder climates require different nutritional elements to adequately prepare for and survive. One of these is red meat. Limiting or placing financial blocks in the way of its consumption, is like taxing a person for living in the wrong place, and I think that is an abomination. Realistically speaking, until EVERY other route has been taken, and taken to extremes to remove pollution and reduce the human impact on climate, like full uptake of renewable energy, the removal of petroleum fuels from daily use by more than ninety percent of the population, the total eradication of the need for fossil fuels has been provided for, moves like this are not in the least bit justifiable.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: 727Sky

It said that in the long term, the tax should apply to all foods at varying levels depending on climate impact.

WTF!

"Depending on Climate impact"

Before mankind raised vast herds of cattle to slaughter, Mother nature had even larger herds of wild animals worldwide in staggering numbers and varieties and functioned just fine. Here in the US back in the day, when settlers first crossed the American continent they were awe struck over the shear size and volume of the great wild Buffalo/Bison herds which were indigenous and later, replaced by livestock.

But,

The Danish are free to do what they wish in their own country.

oh but we allready do. We pay taxes for EVERYTHING, and iam not kidding... we pay 40-50% income tax, that used to be more than enough to keep everything running, we got everything, free schools, healtcare and lots of other great things, which used to be payed with all that tax money. Now everything is getting privatized and we have to pay for more and more of all the "free" stuff, allready payed by the taxes. At some point 15-20 years ago, ALL of our politicans somehow turned into either little john or the sherif of nothingham, and now we have to pay taxes, just to take a crap...

A couple of months ago, i got an electric bill. I payed $300 for the electric and $1700 for like 10 different taxes... (this is for 3 months)

This is what happens when the ordinary people gets to rich... A homeless guy in denmark, earns more money than most americans (about $1100 each month AFTER taxes) problem is, we are so higly taxed, that you cant buy much for that money.
But we are millionaires when we go on vacation (scandinavien not included)

Sure, we are free to do what we want in our country. But our politicans says one thing, before elections, and acts completly different when elected, just like most other places in the world. Money corrupts, and we got a lot of money in this country...
edit on 28-4-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Oh so more taxes thanks to climate change. I guess I should stop living or just give all my money to the government for my original sin of carbon emissions.

Typical. End climate hysteria. Its just another scheme to take more of what you earn and give it to the state.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Oh so more taxes thanks to climate change. I guess I should stop living or just give all my money to the government for my original sin of carbon emissions.

Typical. End climate hysteria. Its just another scheme to take more of what you earn and give it to the state.

Thats illegal in Denmark... ETA: ...and highly taxed
edit on 28-4-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What a travesty. A tax on the food we eat...

Hitler was a vegetarian and stuff like this makes me think that perhaps his vegetarianism might be what sent him dolally since there is a lot of omnivore hating going on in veggie circles.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Yes, Denmanrk are free to choose what they wish, but you know, as sure as eggs is eggs, other countries will adopt the same stance.

I guess they will be more than happy to continue exporting their bacon though.

Mmm, bacon.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Hitler was a vegetarian and stuff like this makes me think that perhaps his vegetarianism might be what sent him dolally since there is a lot of omnivore hating going on in veggie circles.

we passed a new law in Denmark a couple of months ago, that allows us to pull goldteeth out of the mouth of refugess who tries to get asylum here... we take EVERYTHING they own, when they get here...

Iam just so proud of being a dane these days...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yes, Denmanrk are free to choose what they wish, but you know, as sure as eggs is eggs, other countries will adopt the same stance.

I guess they will be more than happy to continue exporting their bacon though.

Mmm, bacon.

Did you know, that almost all bacon you will find in Denmark, are imported?? we export all the good stuff to other countries, its crazy!! I need my bacon!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

originally posted by: SprocketUK

we passed a new law in Denmark a couple of months ago, that allows us to pull goldteeth out of the mouth of refugess who tries to get asylum here... we take EVERYTHING they own, when they get here...

Iam just so proud of being a dane these days...

Didn't the Nazi's do a similar thing to the people they sent to concentration camps?

Have we not learned anything? Shameful.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Good for Denmark. It's irrational and irresponsible to consume red meat on a daily basis and it requires factory raising or cutting down forests for grazing. Even if you are incapable of realizing man made climate change is happening, you've got to be able to realize that factory raised meat is really unhealthy to eat and that cutting down rain forests is just flat out stupid.

Climate change or no, consumption can't continue to go unchecked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join