It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End all social welfare programs immediately

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20653041]olaru12[/post

You going to tell me bloated government is the only option?

Nope not even close.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: intrptr

Totally agree solve that problem first.

Got a cure for greed?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I agree incremental is key.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yeah anti trust they can use the tax money they collect from the increase in income and trade for that.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Social security isn't an entitlement program since we all pay into it. But it's kinda a broke system too and needs to be rehauled. Ron Paul wanted to phase it out but first he would allow people to opt out of it, which would mostly be the youngsters entering the work force since they had nothing invested. When that generation got old SS could pretty much be gone, or made to work. Either way, phasing something out is the only way to end a social program so thank god the OP isn't a politician at this stage in his life because his plans would literally cause chaos.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Friends and family should be your social safety net not the government

Our culture has grown selfish and in order to end that we need to take the socials programs out of daddies hands and back into the hands of the people

Sorry everyone is so selfish but we're just enabling it by giving daddy all the responsibility

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Not even I go that far.

I do think our social welfare programs are poorly designed and end up encouraging what they say they want to lift people out of.

I would like to re-work them in several ways, not simply axe them entirely.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You lack a basic understanding of what's limiting small businesses from expanding and putting the power and responsibility back into the hands of the people and ojt of the hands of the government

Very short sighted

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Show me a model that works and I'll possibly change my mind until then stop government expansion immediately and let business grow

Still none of you have answered my question regarding what it cost to employee someone full time and why

This is what's stopping millenials from entering the workforce in entry level positions

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

But anti trust is for businesses at home, right? Still doesn't close the overseas loop hole(s).

The cost of operating at home is too high, thats why they move, its a self defense measure.

That goes back to the overburdensome government licensing, permits, fees and regulations.

This is a bureaucracy, not a democracy (or better, republic).

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry, One Question, that your choices in life have led you to a place where you don't want to be. I hope you will be able to turn things around for yourself.

But, do you think you will ever come to a time when you stop blaming everybody else for the things you want that you don't have? The poor, the old, the sick, the hungry? Must you continue to kick them down, because you don't like what you are, what you've got?

Haven't you been complaining about how expensive post-high school education is? Should we stop supplementing that too?
Stop Pell Grants? Or should we keep those because YOU need them?

You don't know what to think, do you? Maybe read more. Learn more. A higher education will help to refine your thoughts, and you need that.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yes I know that.

That's another part of the problem of why they can't hire people here because of what it cost to hire people.

Such uneducated perspectives its mind blowing

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

'm sorry, One Question, that your choices in life have led you to a place where you don't want to be. I hope you will be able to turn things around for yourself

What are you talking about

The reason everyone has to go to college is because businesses can't afford entry level positions.

Stop it please with the nonsense
edit on 4/27/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Oh, the irony.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Oh, the irony.

There's No irony

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The first step is to cut taxes on businesses so that they can afford to hire more employees.

Then stop Obamacare and mandatory benefits so businesses can afford to hire full-time employees.

Narrow the pathways to social programs and establish stricter limitations, then gradually cut funding.

After several years have passed, then our bracketed income tax system can be changed to a flat consumer tax. Food stamp programs should not pay the cost of taxes on poducts. Recipients should at least be expected to pay the taxes on their consumption. This will motivate recipients to find jobs.

These changes require commitment. I don't see it happening.

edit on 27-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Well once we stop the fact that having full time employees cost more than what the employees themselves make then these business will expand and hire people into entry levels and college won't be a necessity in the sam e fashion

Its so simple to understand
edit on 4/27/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That's another part of the problem of why they can't hire people here because of what it cost to hire people.

Thats what they tell us… More like what it costs for employee insurance. All that gubment regulation, real estate, office space and material costs. The wages generally suck here, too. Thats why some (a lot) of people work two jobs and still struggle to make it.
edit on 27-4-2016 by intrptr because: changed and bb code

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ending these programs immediately would have drastic consequences. I do agree with you that it does need to end but it is not that simple and has gone past the point of no return. Ending welfare incrementally would have some disastrous effects still, but not quite as bad.

Either way, be prepared to call in the National Guard. You would also have to figure out who really needs the welfare, and who is capable of doing without it. It is a very difficult topic that would need very careful planning to make the sting more bearable, but the sting will still exist.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yup.

Regulation and safety nets are halting the economy in its tracks

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join