It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End all social welfare programs immediately

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've come to the realization that the biggest problem holding back wage increases and purchasing power in the US economy is social welfare and corporate welfare and other safety nets that prevent small businesses from paying higher wages and building capital for expansion.

These things need the breaks put on them.

No more do gooder politicians like Sanders no more government run bloated programs that cost us more than their worth.

I will gladly take my money and contribute to helping people in anyway that I can but I want the personal autonomy to make the choice of where to put my money.

The internet has made this possible and by expanding these programs we will increase corporate power and limit social and upward mobility.

Millenials do not yet understand this as they do not have any experience in the market and are jaded to a poorly managed economy.

Please think.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Easy there chief we have far too many people on those programs who would quite literally perish without them. No need to get all dictatorish on us about helping those in need.

Thats just the thing if we left it up to private individuals to take care of those in need it would never happen when it needed to happen.

The system is not perfect but it does function to a large degree.

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Didn't the OP say he got government help to go to school. So now cut it for others?

Do you really think that if aid was cut, companies would decide to pay workers more.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

Darwin.

They will die or take care of themselves and putting money into the hands of the people is what's going to make that paradigm possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think it would put more money into the hands of small businesses to empower them to pay their employees more increasing profits margins in the macrocosm by increasing localized purchasing power.

I wouldn't need college if business could afford to train me at an entry level

Also my knowledge and perspective is in a constant state of change and evolution sorry you can't keep up
edit on 4/27/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It will eventually end don't worry. It's a system that can't last forever.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

TARP and Quantitative Easement has cost more than any social program in the past 10 years.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Removing Corporate welfare - you mean less tax breaks, etc. And that will give them more money in order to pay more?

Kansas lower taxes and the business men just put it in their pocket. Didn't help any one else.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'd rather end all wars, regimes changes, drone strikes, and funding to the MIC before I cut food stamps but cutting corporate welfare is definitely a top priority along with also holding Wall Street, Big Biz, and bankers responsible for their extreme white collar crimes.

You don't want any do gooders? So does that mean you'll stick with the evil dooers? You can't blame everything one person, like the president. Sure, he's the president but he doesn't control everything, or much at all. It's the people who bought ALL of the politicians, except for Sanders, that need to be stopped and these corrupt politicians voted out. But the first thing that needs to be done is to take money out of politics because clearly it's having a negative effect for the country, the world, but a positive effect for the wealthy. Getting rid of Citizens United would be a good start.

edit on 27-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about the cost of employeeing someone

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
that would be a problematic transition, to say the least. and to lump social and corporate welfare together doesn't really work. the one supports actual peoples' actual day-to-day struggles, the other greases the wheels of business.

+8 more 
link   

Sounds like a recipe for a major increase in crime. What do desperate people do? The answer is, anything.

The Romans knew this.

link   
a reply to: Swills

Do gooders have a tendency to do a lot of damage.

+6 more 
link   

The welfare department is so large because people are out of work because the company they worked for closed up and moved overseas. The tax loop hole and slave wages are more lucrative there. As long as tax dodges and cheaper workforce overseas exist, companies will move out of country and set up shop there, screw the work force at home.

The tax money that could have gone to infrastructure and education at home from these mega corps should be here, not there.
edit on 27-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That's it? That's your response?

It has no substance.

link   

Obviously all changes are made incrementally please stop

link   

My perspective is well thought out and articulate I don't need to add anymore

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Also my knowledge and perspective is in a constant state of change and evolution sorry you can't keep up

Good....

Do you still hate old people?

+19 more 
link   

So you think disabled people who can't work should be abandoned to destitution? That's pretty #ed up.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about the cost of employeeing someone

That's business. Your value to an employer is based on market needs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join