It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Parents Who Let Kid Die Found Guilty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is a story in the news recently in Canada.

www.msn.com...

Unfortunately a young child was extremely ill and died. The child died because his idiot parents tried feeding him garlic and home remedies and eventually took him to a homeopath (AKA scammer).

The kid had meningitis and these uneducated brainwashed moron parents let him die because they are too stupid and incompetent.

This is a sad story, but the verdict of this is good. Hopefully these fake scammers will get shut down with their homeopathy nonsense and fake medicine garbage. It's sad and disgusting.

Q: What do you call alternative medicine that works??

A: You call it medicine.

In other worse, medicine works, alternative medicine does not. If it did, it would be called medicine. Any alternative medicine that did work is no longer alternative medicine, it is medicine. Alternative medicine is a scam for idiots.

It's too bad in this situations that the parents didn't die and the kid survived, the world would be better off.
edit on 27-4-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

This news story had me so baffled! The parents had a friend who was a nurse tell them that their son probably had meningitis, and they still didn't consult a doctor.

I support parents who want to raise their children with a more "natural" approach...but there must be a point where, as a parent, you would think, "I'll do whatever it takes to heal my child, even if that means consulting a physician." Right? Wouldn't you try every avenue available?

And then for the parents, who no doubt are in anguish but I digress, to not accept that their actions led to the death of their child! That seems delusional to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster Just glancing over the article, it looks like the parents were bat sh*t crazy hippies, Obviously self diagnosing their kids with bi-polar then doping them up with their EMP crap. I really cant stand the modern hippy. Afraid of soap, think marijuana cures cancer, and beads hold magical properties.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What a horrible way to die.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

While I am glad the parents were punished, because they were idiots, I have a problem with the rest of your post.

Do doctors call honey medicine? Do they call garlic medicine? Because these two items DO work for some things, and have for thousands of years. (look up honey and ancient Egyptians)

So, while I understand your anger, maybe certain things should be called "natural" medicine?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

While I am glad the parents were punished, because they were idiots, I have a problem with the rest of your post.

Do doctors call honey medicine? Do they call garlic medicine? Because these two items DO work for some things, and have for thousands of years. (look up honey and ancient Egyptians)

So, while I understand your anger, maybe certain things should be called "natural" medicine?

Well, what you are talking about with honey and garlic isn't medicine, but you're not wrong I don't think.
It's more like when you get health benefits from foods it's from healthy eating. If you want more honey and garlic add it to your diet, it's not medicine to treat an illness, more preventative to try and not get one? Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, homeopathy is a scam and it hurts people. Lots of these people also are against vaccines because they are brainwashed and uneducated (or, miseducated? taught in school but taught fake information as if it was real).

If adults want to screw around with their health that's one thing but when they force it onto their kids that's horrible.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
These idiots believe charges went forward due to anti vax, no it's because they let their child die and were warned it was meningitis and the poor child languished for 2 1/2 weeks. I can understand people wanting to try or believe in a holistic approach but seriously how long would one let a child suffer before taking to the hospital..especially after the meningitis warning.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes and yes.

Both honey and garlic have medicinal classifications in Canada (I believe multiple countries do as well). Also, both are currently undergoing study for a better understanding of them as medications.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I guess the point is: garlic, honey, chillies, etc. do not, unfortunately, treat meningitis, as wonderful as they are in most humans diet.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
While I agree that you should never take a chance with your childrens life, your wrong about them not being medicine. Both are antibacterial. Honey can and has been shown to help heal cuts and minor burns.

Eh, We will agree on the parents, but not on alternative "medicine". Kids need to be seen by a doctor first and foremost.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Garlic is actually a proven medicinal herb. It has been used for centuries by nearly every culture in the world. Just because the current Big Pharma idiots want us to take their poisons doesn't mean they are always right. Every friend and relative that has passed in my life did so in a hospital surrounded by 'modern medicine'.

I am not saying that these people were right with what they did, but they weren't wrong either. People put too much faith in our modern cures and people die every day from trusting the medical establishment. I still blame established medicine for killing my mom as well as a good friend.

GARLIC HEALTH BENEFITS

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As if a lack of modern medicine would've kept them alive longer?

I love garlic too, but I am failing to follow, yes garlic is great, but not so great one can dismiss all modern medicine as quackery.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

As if a lack of modern medicine would've kept them alive longer?

I love garlic too, but I am failing to follow, yes garlic is great, but not so great one can dismiss all modern medicine as quackery.

I don't dismiss all modern medicine as quackery, but I also don't trust it either. Look at chemotherapies, vaccines and other things that are big money for Big Pharma. There are many natural remedies that are completely effective. Many Asian cultures still rely on natural remedies to solve their health problems.

People die of meningitis with or without modern medicine every day. Saying that not getting the child modern treatment was the cause of the child's death is not provable.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

People die of meningitis with or without modern medicine every day. Saying that not getting the child modern treatment was the cause of the child's death is not provable.

Well unfortunately for the child, his parents didn't give "modern medicine" the chance to save their son. The kicker, treatment is free in Canada. The only thing they had to do was take him to a physician. Ninety percent of patients survive bacterial meningitis with antibiotics.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good. Hopefully they get a suitable sentence.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Maybe they should've gotten more garlic, eh?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

While I agree that you should never take a chance with your childrens life, your wrong about them not being medicine. Both are antibacterial. Honey can and has been shown to help heal cuts and minor burns.

Eh, We will agree on the parents, but not on alternative "medicine". Kids need to be seen by a doctor first and foremost.

They didn't know how to treat it properly with natural/true healing methods. Garlic is eh. Naturopathy is better suited for such a case. What about all of the kids that have died under the treatment of doctors? I say these parents were very courageous to go in the direction they believed was best for their kid. Try and raise children these days when it's quite obvious that hospitals have no Love for you, typical foods have no Love for you, and you're being bombarded with information that your intuition gobbles up. Information that goes against your entire life's programming.

It's easy to talk # when you're not in the struggle of raising your kids without western medicine poisoning. We must Empower ourselves with the proper knowledge to take care of ourselves and Loved ones. They had the right idea though

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

The same "western medicine poisoning" that allows more children to survive from birth until old age than at ANY time in recorded history?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, at least the parents tried. It's better than when religious nuts let their kids die because they choose to pray instead of get medical help.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I guess the point is: garlic, honey, chillies, etc. do not, unfortunately, treat meningitis, as wonderful as they are in most humans diet.

I never stated they would be good for meningitis, just that they do have medicinal classifications. Which, if the parents had read them, versus believing the more 'mythical' claims, they probably wouldn't have used them as a medicine for meningitis.

It is a rather sad story. And, I am hesitant to bash naturopathy over it due to the fact that the naturopathic doctor, they did see, recommended that they take their son to a more mainstream medicinal doctor immediately.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join