It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cult leaders, Televangelists and.......Presidential Candidates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My first rant, and I just realized how sad it is to be politically related. I don't follow politics very closely, so when it comes to the topic I am very much an "outsider looking in".

However, with that mentality, I realized just moments ago while watching a clip of mr cruze why I always found candidate speeches to be so off putting and uncomfortable to watch.

Watching some of these people, I see the same type of rhetoric and pandering that I see with the other two groups I find equally appalling. Cult leaders(or even highly immersed religious individuals) and Televangelists.

But really want made me make the connection, for myself, was watching the people in the background of the video(this was the ted cruze speech another member posted where he ranted about something and then measured the basketball "ring"). Watching the people behind him, I saw the same level of unbridled and uninformed(mislead) zeal that you see in the eyes of the followers of any other cult. Their enthusiasm and the way they bask in the words(shallow and trivial) of their "leader", it made me cringe. These kids(in this video, they were High school age I'm guessing) are trapped. Mislead and lied to, they have been enchanted by the words of a selfish snake oil salesman. It's really quite funny, in a way, but at the same time it's sad.

Just wanted to rattle that out.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Good 'rattle'. We see the sameyoutful zeal at your average college sports match.

Imagine, such energy dedicated to getting little balls through hoops and goalposts.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There are those that say "Statism is a cult"...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

LOL, I agree. That environment used to always feel pretty weird to me(I rarely attended only when mandatory). It's one in the same, I guess the common denominator is the lack of individual thought.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

They do manipulate people this way at school, the military, church, tv, media. We either buy into that system, or not.

I didn't go along with the 'program' either. It didn't make 'sense', to me. Now I'm better for it, I don't have as much entrenched indoctrination messing with my gyros.

Some people never get it. They remain blindly ambitious, clawing their way to the top and running things now. We're in a lot of trouble.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be

I'm the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
The cult of personality
The cult of personality

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You won't have to follow me
Only you can set me free

I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your TV
I exploit you, still you love me
I tell you one and one makes three

Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
The cult of personality
The cult of personality

Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
When a leader speaks, that leader dies
You won't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They do manipulate people this way at school, the military, church, tv, media. We either buy into that system, or not.

I didn't go along with the 'program' either. It didn't make 'sense', to me. Now I'm better for it, I don't have as much entrenched indoctrination messing with my gyros.

Some people never get it. They remain blindly ambitious, clawing their way to the top and running things now. We're in a lot of trouble.

Very well said intrptr.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Whos's the idol now?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't know. The local talk radio guys have been doing a bit for passes to the local amusement park. It's called "Trump or 12-Year-Old."

They've mixed a bunch of Trump quotes up with a bunch of quotes from Diary of a Wimpy Kid. You wouldn't believe how hard it actually is.

So if you dislike Cruz for sounding too televangelist ... then what is that saying about Trump?

Them you have Hillary who tries to pander by adopting fake accents like this:

Not only that, but getting back to Cruz and his speech cadence. I was listening to Rush and a guy called in and they had a good laugh over Cruz. The cadence he uses isn't so much televangelist as it is college debate which is what Cruz is. The man called in a pointed out that he taught lots of college debaters and they all are taught to speak in the same manner:

Listen [pause][pause] I am going to tell you something important [pause][pause] good morning.

It's a specific cadence used to heighten tension and add the dramatic. I can see where you get his televengalist style out of it because he is using religious language. His campaign was designed to pull in the religious voters especially in the beginning. His triangulation was that those voters did not vote and would have won the election for Romney had they voted. Plus, he happens to be religious himself.

What you should also do is listen to Obama's cadence and then compare him to some of the really good Southern Baptist preachers. They also have a very, very similar cadence. My husband grew up in some Southern Baptist churches and pointed that out right away.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So if you dislike Cruz for sounding too televangelist ... then what is that saying about Trump?

I used the cruz video as a point of reference for my rant, I certainly(for surely, 100 percenty) didn't mean to imply or invoke a political comparison or allude to the fabricated diversity of the political parties.

They are all the same, kind of like the same bag of manure but with different store names branded on them. So I apologize If I implied some sort of personal political preference, or if that wasn't your intent then for assuming you did.
edit on 27-4-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Also, regarding my rant and the other politicians. I believe you can see the very same thing I pointed out in my original post. Don't look at the speaker, Don't listen to the words. Just look at the people behind them, basking in their false sense of righteousness with their "chosen one". The "good one" the "right one" the one that's better than the "other guy". The look on their face and the twinkle in their eye, It's the same for whatever candidate.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Pretty funny video, Hillary 'gonna done fix the boken voting system…', after she uses corruption to get in office.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Nope.

I'm just pointing out that they all have their peculiarities. I think some of it has to do with how they've been taught to speak in some instances as not everyone is a natural speaker, and some of it is done in an attempt to garner support, and some of it is because they aren't a natural speaker and haven't been taught.

I don't pay as much attention to how they speak as much as what they say, unless they pull some kind of really blatant pandering trick by obviously pretending to be what they aren't.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Pretty funny video, Hillary 'gonna done fix the boken voting system…', after she uses corruption to get in office.

Ha! I hadn't even considered that, but you're right.

I was just pulling an example of someone trying to pretend to be something they aren't.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

There are those that say "Statism is a cult"...

It's the cult of humanism. The State is the god of their own manufacture.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ha! I hadn't even considered that, but you're right.

I was just pulling an example of someone trying to pretend to be something they aren't.

She hasn't changed much, in either regard.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think they are all wearing us down to a point where we just give in and ask for what ever tyrant of the day they want to show us .Watching the US politics is so painful and so obvious ....give us the real deal and cut the chase ,we don't want to play their game .....they have no rules and there is nothing fair about it ...they win we loose ...wash rince repeat .round and round and where she stops none of us knows . go bernie :>)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Some of us have a pretty good idea where it is going to stop.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You could have saved yourself some key strokes by just typing: "Cult Leaders" for your thread title. Or maybe make it: Cult Leaders, Cult Leaders and.......Cult Leaders

In other words, I totally agree with you.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I suppose, and as others pointed out this cult like mentality isn't restricted to the ones I've listed. I believe those three though are probably on the higher end of the scale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join