It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe I am as old as I am!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm 63 and mentally I feel no different from my 20's,but physically after some major accidents my body feels 90,so try not to dwell on the pain,and avoid any prescription drugs,plus have 2 kids in their 20's so helps keep me on my toes,and I too never thought I would live this long

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm 23 and I got to a point this year where I suddenly felt like an adult, however in an even stronger way I feel like I'm really old because I used to party and was pretty much off the deep end from age 16 to 22, but now that I had to stop and am luckily still here, I feel old as if I had to give up my lifestyle that most young people will realize they too will have to give up one day.. I guess I'd rather be forced to change and have a mental realization at a young age instead of being out of control and not changing until my 40s or something. I think of myself as one of those guys in prison that used to be a really bad person but one day finally woke up and now spends his time preaching truth to others lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Not long ago I turned 50, and even more recently, I turned 56, and that was a bastard! I can see myself, in my mind's eye, a young teen, wondering what I'd be doing when I reached 50 years of age? Back then I was full of the joys of a spring lamb, and excited at being alive. Now, that excitement has waned somewhat, because if there is one thing that life has taught me, is that the most treacherous and abusive species on this planet...is man.

The fact is, we are separated by mindset and culture and the ideologies they raise that we follow. Nothing else separates us, except our mental lives. You look around this ATS website, at all the threads and the postings and you will see that it all reduces down to the three things I have mentioned, and then look around the world (via the internet) and see the effects. No one, not a single individual is spared. For me, the years haven't sped up, they have shrunk. The years no longer range with the same latitude as they did when I was younger.

It seemed that when I was young, I always believed that societal wrongs had the time to be made right, but if anything, things have been made deliberately worse. Of course, I am writing in a general sense, because it is not easy to draw together each and every single thread of discontent and unease at the way the world has been steered, where a new law is being rolled out that demands mandatory conformity to the authority of someone else's idea and agenda.

I live in the UK, born and bred, and in a couple of months time, I will be kissing the ass of my country goodbye, because it will be taken from me. Everything I grew up with will be gone and assimilated into the EU agenda and ultimately forgotten. It is irrelevant what the right ideology for it is as the issue is already decided. You can tell by the way the debate is being staged, and the ratio of the voices being heard for the EU and against it, something like 9:2 in the media. There are many voices against the EU, but the thinly-veiled threats that have been publicly declared in the media on the British people should they have the audacity to even contemplate leaving the EU, is staggering. There is no debate, it's an instruction with menace. The British people will be allowed their referendum vote, but no way will they be allowed to decide the outcome.

So, what's all this got to do with age? Well, for me personally, it's an issue about an ideology being forced on me. One I will never accept. Not because I must be some kind of little Englander, but because the ideology and the agenda is utterly wrong and damaging, and it is theft! I believe we should all join together eventually, but not for this corporate ideological agenda, but for humanitarian reasons, and because in our hearts and minds we want to, and this kind of reason is many decades away.

Each of you, in whatever country you hail from, are as much a victim as I am, but the sense of victim-hood simply hasn't reached you yet. The changes to cause you immediate worry are not yet with you, they are with others, such as myself, and so you need not be concerned (or maybe you should?). As a teen, I did not think I would ever live to see my country fall, not to some military outcome, because I knew that would not happen, no...my country is going to fall because the people will vote for it to do so, fearing to vote any other way. They will vote away the soul of their country and history will hate them for it, and rightly condemn them as cowards!

So, here I am, edging into my twilight years and having to become a 'citizen of conformity and compliance', and with my individuality no longer relevant to my societal existence. My age is my good fortune, as it is for those of you also edging into your twilight years, because we will only get a brief and bitter taste of what is to come.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am 50 going on 20 in my mind but i dress like a 70 year old for the laugh , cloth cap , braces and a pipe just to wind up my mother .

She laughs and says i look like my grandfather , but he did not smoke what i do in the pipe .

Age is just a number you are never to old for fun

Where:s my slippers

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: droid56

I'm 58 and often ask myself, "How the hell did that happen???"

Me too!
I get to be 59 next month. Im so looking forward to it!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So this 70 year old guy goes to the doctor and says Doc, how can I live to be 100?
The doctor asks, do you smoke?
He says no.
The doctor asks, do you drink?
He says no.
The doctor asks, do you eat rich foods?
He says no.
The doctor asks Do you fool around with women?
He says no.
Then the doctors says, so why the hell do you want to live to be 100?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Geez, that is awful, I must be living in some kind of vacuum or something. I hadn't heard anything about that. It sounds kind of like the change that takes place after a revolution or something. It's almost more terrible that it's decided by people pretending to be civilized.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Oh no! Don't ever give up learning new things bluesman! You know that's all we have really. I am continually learning and re-learning things that I haven't done in a while. I only wish I had like a thousand more years to keep doing this. I am more excited by the things I am working on right now than I've been for decades!

You know, that's the thing that really gets me too, the last I remember I was 18 or something and then I had to do a bunch of crap to try to get to "the place you are going one day" and here I am and still not done doing the bunch of crap! It makes me crazy to think that I'm not that kid any more.

My mom also died young, although not as young as yours. She was only 59 which is only slightly older than I am now.

edit on 4/27/2016 by wtbengineer because: add

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yep, it's the terrible realization that you are running out of time to do all the things you wanted to do!

I think it was around 45 when it started to hit me that I didn't have all the time I wanted ahead of me.
There's still so much in my bucket list....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I think experiences can be so different, depending upon the person. It is interesting to read yours, and get a glimpse into how different that can be.

Mine is almost the complete opposite. My childhood and younger years were terrible. I went through so much, I knew so little positive experience, I had no idea how good life could be. It was all about survival and endurance.

And I guess it was that lack of hope which allowed me to make the dive of leaving my country and family for good. When you aren't attached by positive enforcement, there's nothing holding you.

I lost myself, I think I went crazy for a while, when all my world views crashed. I found out all is relative- good and evil does not exist, values, meaning... none of it is inherent. It is ALL conditioning programmed into us. WE apply meaning, value, goodness or badness..... and we can do that with a group, or ....as individuals.

I hit bottom, and then started reconstructing as an individual. LIfe suddenly became full of opportunity. No, you are not a slave to your society. You can leave at any moment. This world is full of different corners with different systems, both of governing and culture. THe only thing that keeps one tied is the pleasure they actually get from the one they are in.
The sense of security and belongingness. That is addicting.

On the other hand, it also means - you are getting something from it. So it isn't all that bad, is it?
It's a choice, and I don't percieve there is a good or bad choice, ultimately.

(and yes, many people pack up and cut the strings even very late in life! I know someone who did it at 60. Of course, people tend to assume he's wrong in the head for that, but he is happier than ever!)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
wtbengineer:

Geez, that is awful, I must be living in some kind of vacuum or something.

No, you're not living in a vacuum or any other seemingly protective bubble. What I have described is a reality happening right now, and is not simply my interpretation or just my experience of the events. I am simply reporting objectively. What my country is going through now, will happen to every other country. The European continent and Britain are the litmus test for the centralising of corporate power control and the eradication of 'identity' (the theft part). Take a look...

www.bbc.co.uk... (I made comment 187, and already negatively voted).

Bluesma:

I think experiences can be so different, depending upon the person.

Of course, experiences are different for each person, that is until they share in the same fate. I, too, came from an impoverished background, and still in it to some extent. I know given the relevant societal choices I could make something of myself with a modicum of success. In fact I was doing so, until the 2008 corrupt financial instability took away my long term held job. In the last 4 years I have been made redundant twice, and because of my age, constantly overlooked for new employment.

Yes, I am angry, who wouldn't be? Now, I am also fearing for the tangent the world is taking, as it is similar to the tangent taken back in Europe during the 1930's which saw the rise of Nazism and the eventual world war to sort it out and seemingly put the world back on the appropriate track. Only this time, it is not a country that needs repelling and defeating, it is an ideology, an idea. It is equal in terms of having a religion forced upon you, and the dire consequences of not accepting it.

We are now at a point of no return. Once Britain votes its referendum, the NWO will run with their agenda more openly and will accelerate it. Britain will not vote for the EU, but the result will be declared as if it did. Just to clarify my position, which I believe echoes the main national sentiment, is that we are not anti-Europe or anti-European, we are anti-EU, and the ideology it peddles. The EU will eventually bring about that dystopian future we all rightly fear. Think about it...why are there any so-called elites anyway? What kind of obscenity is that? Why are some seemingly deserving of a better life, better fortune, than others? Why are they perceived as being more special to be waited on hand and foot by others apparently less deserving?

For our species to overcome the ideological differences that separate us, the main ideology has to be one we can all equally acknowledge and share in, because in that sharing, in hearts and minds, good societies are formed. The society the EU is creating is pyramidally structured, with the lower layers serving the ones above it, and this will be socially-engineered around the globe. You and I, and everyone else will be subjugated to a particular level, condemning our future generations to that level. Freedom and liberty (which I know you cherish) will be defined by a very narrow range and will be devoid of public individuality. No longer unique human individuals, but citizens, with a citizen number and all your happiness and fortune so intimately tied to that number that should you disagree, it will be switched off until you comply or die. Basically, this is the threat now hanging over the head of every Briton with regards to the referendum vote.

Remember, we are talking about an elitist ideology, which brings prejudice and indifference into the mix. The elite actually believe they are more special, and are steering the world by an agenda that will support that view. It's the ultimate class system and it needs to be fought against, first in the mind and then on the streets. You have to make your own mind up, you have to decide what future you want to hand over to your children. If you do not see this now in your experience, the time will come (and it isn't far off) when you will, and by then, any chance of doing something about it will have gone, and you will have condemned your future generations. I do not expect them to thank the memory of you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join