It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying something causes you to be it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: TerryDon79

No its not because I am letting the documents interpret themselves. I didn't make those ideas they are in the text clear as day.

"Letting the documents interpret themselves".

Interpret was highlighted by me. Thank you for showing me it is an interpretation.
edit on 452016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The thread is that Jesus never said he was god. Eluding to something, hinting at something, someone else saying he is, someone interpreting him saying it, doesn't make it so. Even saying it doesn't make it so. But he doesn't say he is God, does he

That is clearly a claim to Godhood . Why won't you answer the question? Because you know it shows that is Jesus claiming he is God and you have to much pride to admit your wrong.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The thread is that Jesus never said he was god. Eluding to something, hinting at something, someone else saying he is, someone interpreting him saying it, doesn't make it so. Even saying it doesn't make it so. But he doesn't say he is God, does he

That is clearly a claim to Godhood . Why won't you answer the question? Because you know it shows that is Jesus claiming he is God and you have to much pride to admit your wrong.

I don't need to answer the question as it doesn't prove he said he was god.

Pride has nothing to do with it. The fact that I'm not wrong and you can't prove me wrong is more to the point.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I've proved you wrong you just refuse to see it....its kinda sad really....

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I've proved you wrong you just refuse to see it....its kinda sad really....

No you didn't.

You showed me verses that had to be interpretted to say he was god, where Jesus said he was god like, where Jesus said he was doing his fathers work and where Jesus said he wasn't God.

So come on, show me where Jesus says he is God.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

When I am using the word interpret I am using this definition :explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions).

I mean your rejection of this is completely silly. You will not quote the verse so let me do it for you.

"Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" 14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.'" "

I have explained all this to you numerous times and given you the references and even explained the context of the passage your question has been answered

Deuces

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I know the definition of interpret/interpreting/interpretation.

You're interpreting what is said to say what you want it to say. That means you're not reading the verses literally, but changing the meaning through your interpretation.

Still doesn't say he is God.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Let the documents interpret themselves. The fact that the gospels were written long after Jesus death means there is no way to know for sure what he said. The accuracy of what is laid out in the gospels would be weak at best.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Let the documents interpret themselves. The fact that the gospels were written long after Jesus death means there is no way to know for sure what he said. The accuracy of what is laid out in the gospels would be weak at best.

The Gospels were written maybe 20-40 years after Jesus's death. The biography of Alexander the Great was written 400 years after his. You make these statements but it simply shows you've never done a comparison of other historical figures and the writings we have about them....the writings we have for Jesus are in far better shape than most of the writings we have from other historical figures that old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join