It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Rust (gaming youtubes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't often watch gaming channels, preferring to play the games myself... but my partner was watching this and I got hooked.
This guy is -so- immersed in his character, I love it!

I have never played Rust myself, just dabbled in a bit of DayZ... but now I want to play xD

There's a few episodes - this is the first

and episode two

and episode three

There's a couple more, but I'll allow you to look yourself if you're interested

Just thought I'd share, I'm sure at least one other person here would like this too!

edit on 26 4 2016 by kaelci because: editted title

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
I don't often watch gaming channels, preferring to play the games myself... but my partner was watching this and I got hooked.
This guy is -so- immersed in his character, I love it!

I have never played Rust myself, just dabbled in a bit of DayZ... but now I want to play xD

There's a few episodes - this is the first

and episode two

and episode three

There's a couple more, but I'll allow you to look yourself if you're interested

Just thought I'd share, I'm sure at least one other person here would like this too!

I can never figure out Dayz... I spawn with a weapon MAYBE, and I am dead before I can walk 50 yards. Then I spawn with nothing, rinse and repeat. It isn't the zombies killing me either. Not sure how to survive in the game. The one I play is the Arma 2 add-on.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I have the stand-alone. My first experience with DayZ ended up something like this:

*spawns*
Ohhhh, nice. A big world to explore in, woo.
*finds a shed*
Oooh, I wonder what is in here!
*climbs a ladder*
Ehh, nothing, time to keep going.
*somehow breaks leg falling down the ladder*
Well........ crap.
*crawls for miles looking for someone to put me out of my misery so I can start again. There is no one. Crawls into a lake to drown. Drowning isn't a thing yet apparently*.
Well, bugger.
*turns off game for a few months.*

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

This guy's videos are awesome and I LOVE Rust. I've got a DayZ series called "DrunkZ - The Hazy Chronicles", but it's nowhere near this good.

DrunkZ - The Hazy Chronicles

edit on 26-4-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yes! I saw your thread on your DrunkZ chronicles a couple months back

A bit disappointed I got the stand-alone, to be honest. Most people seem to have more fun in the add-on version.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I have the stand-alone. My first experience with DayZ ended up something like this:

*spawns*
Ohhhh, nice. A big world to explore in, woo.
*finds a shed*
Oooh, I wonder what is in here!
*climbs a ladder*
Ehh, nothing, time to keep going.
*somehow breaks leg falling down the ladder*
Well........ crap.
*crawls for miles looking for someone to put me out of my misery so I can start again. There is no one. Crawls into a lake to drown. Drowning isn't a thing yet apparently*.
Well, bugger.
*turns off game for a few months.*

Ha ha yes, it is very frustrating.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My experience with DayZ add on.

*Run to meet friend*
*Meet friend*
*Find weapons in Chernobyl*
*Run to NW Airfield*
*Kill on sight*
*Loot airfield and run*
*Close game*

Though I somehow managed to get lost from my friend by a KM in like 10 seconds. Stumbled upon a car surrounded by some man made tree stuff, stole it and met my friend again.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

Or I stole a truck because I thought it was just a random find. Started getting shot at so I panicked and drove down a hill. Died and the guys said the truck was destroyed and 20+ weapons lost. Heh, should have said stop.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is fricken amazing!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Planet Rust was pretty interesting and entertaining at first. But it's completely scripted for viewing purposes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Most things are scripted these days... they're still enjoyable though

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
even if scripted, it was done very well. I ended up watching all the videos of Planet Rust last night. Should of been sleeping, but I couldnt stop watching. Very funny stuff

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Yes! I saw your thread on your DrunkZ chronicles a couple months back

A bit disappointed I got the stand-alone, to be honest. Most people seem to have more fun in the add-on version.

Oh yeah, the mod is FAR superior. The Stand Alone was a cash grab. The devs are no longer interested since they made their millions on the early alpha access.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hey these were awesome, thanks for sharing!

edit on 27-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Started watching this guy, hehe, pretty good stuff so far.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Season 2 of Planet Rust has started, and it's absolutely epic. The OP has got me addicted to Rust now. After watching the first season of Planet Rust I had to go buy the game, and I've already got over 50 hours on it. Lost 4 houses already, but I learned a lot from my mistakes and I've got a very secure cave base happening now. Playing as a solo survivalist and it's challenging but also pretty damn fun to play this way. One of the things about Rust which makes it so good is all the emergent game play. I've already been put in so many funny and interesting situations even though I've tried to stay away from other players as much as possible.

edit on 12/5/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Nice!!

I'll admit that I've been tempted to get Rust too, thanks to the Planet Rust videos. And I, too, would be a sole survivalist type of person. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it!!

Can't wait to get hooked on Season Two!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just wanted to share another video by the same guy, giggled all the way through it! Hehe!

new topics

top topics

join