It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exit polls hint at big Donald Trump night (April 26 primaries)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Donald Trump is expected to win all five states that are voting today. But because of the way delegates are allocated via congressional district, and because the goal for Ted Cruz and John Kasich at this point is simply to deny Trump enough delegates for a first-ballot nomination, it isn't just about who wins these primaries. It's about whether Cruz and Kasich can pick off enough delegates to make Trump's path to a tidy convention ever-more difficult. That means there are some key congressional districts to keep an eye on as early returns are coming in.
Exit polls hint at big Donald Trump night: Pennsylvania, Maryland, April 26 primaries live updates, results

PredictIt is starting to lean towards what would be a best-case scenario for Trump:

Will Trump exceed 50% in all five April 26 primaries?

If anyone wants an intelligent discussion of whether any of the above actually means anything, I ran across the following:

Election laws do not apply to primary elections because a political party is a "private organization" and can "set whatever laws it wants"

I tried to cover the topic but apparently it's debatable, and it hasn't been settled yet.

Do the GOP and the Democratic Party have to follow state laws?

Here's my current opinion on the matter:

Even if it's possible for a party to declare at a convention that delegates don't have to follow the laws of their respective states, I believe that many delegates could never actually do that. Consider who delegates are, they are often lawmakers and other top political leaders. Does anyone really believe that they would become outlaws (according to the laws of their state) just because their party told them they could? I don't think that could actually happen.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oh I really hope all the GOP establishment scheming and manipulation has been for nothing and Trump comes out on top. It's like they're intentionally trying to lose at this point, well they are, but they're not even bothering to cover it up this time

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Desperation exposes true character. The Establishment GOP is showing themselves to be no better than Establishment Dems.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Just when you think crony politics in this election couldn't get any worse, they always seem to top themselves. Have Americans really become so complacent to allow such blatant in-your-face political gerrymandering?

But I guess it's OK since the Trump haters will give the establishment a free pass to do whatever they want... cause you know, it's not their guy.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

And yet some people still claim there is no corruption in the way the Republican party is operating.

If they continue these dirty tactics, they are done.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Go Trump Go

Keep fighting for the non minimum wage non blue hair non lgbtstdmsnbc Americans.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Forgive me, because I posted this elsewhere, possibly twice
, but now it seems relevant here.
It directly involves the subject of this thread, and the mention of delegate bribes.

I emailed PA delegates to see who they plan to support. The reply below is from a delegate who I had heard planned to vote for Trump, and I was confirming this. I did not mention bribes, and yet he replied:

Yes, You have MY WORD that I will not
vote for any candidate but Mr, Trump.

No pressure or bribe of any kind could make me change my mind.
I am concerned with the future of our Nation for You ,your grandchildren and
mine.

It sounds like he either was already being pressured or offered bribes to change his mind, or he was totally expecting to.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

And yet some people still claim there is no corruption in the way the Republican party is operating.

If they continue these dirty tactics, they are done.

As a proud progressive/libertarian, I don't want to see the demise of the GOP. If the dembs take total control they will become what the Republicans are now.

We don't need that!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Good point.
But, they are doing it to themselves. They are committing suicide. There is no way out that will make everyone happy.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ENTERTAINMENT!!!! At it's finest.

Bush and Clinton in the end

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow.
Polls just closed and they already projected Trump the winner of PA, MD, CT.

ETA: HOORAY!!!
But, it will feel better when the numbers come in.
edit on 4/26/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Cruz gave his victory speech. Then minutes later all 5 states gave already called the Don the winner. This guy Crudz giving his group false hope.....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Wow.
Polls just closed and they already projected Trump the winner of PA, MD, CT.

ETA: HOORAY!!!
But, it will feel better when the numbers come in.

I think the news stations already have the early and late day totals.

They just prolong the show for entertainment value.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Cruz gave his victory speech. Then minutes later all 5 states gave already called the Don the winner. This guy Crudz giving his group false hope.....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Looks like it's going to be a landslide boys

Cruz and Kasich shot themselves in the foot with their own dirty politics. Mathematically they are both out, but they will keep grasping at straws until the convention.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So far , Cruz has just barely made it to double digits in each state . Kissich has even had a much better night.Cruz is DUN , D - U - N - Dun. Stick a fork in em , he's all done.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are one in the same.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He's disgusting at this point. He stood up there and lied more than I have ever seen him lie before.

He was sweating pure desperation.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Rhode Island has been called for Trump.
4 out of 5 so far!!

He is so far ahead in Delaware that it will be called soon.
edit on 4/26/16 by BlueAjah because: added

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join