It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants Might Have Memories? Let's Hope They Don't Hold Grudges!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Interestng OP. It never ceases to amaze me the clever ingenuity of Nature. Maybe things just kinda naturally fall into place over time, no big deal. But still, it blows my mind.

While it’s hard for me to imagine that plants have any cognitive abilities, it’s pretty much accepted that they do chemically communicate on some level. Not only within their own species of plant, but also with other species of plant, as well with non-plant organisms (insects, mammals, etc.). Plant signals can be subtle or unmistakable. Plant comunication can get quite intricate, actually.

For anyone interested, here’s a kind of old article, but still a good read and fairly comprehensive; it’s on Plant Signaling and Behavior.

Nice thread, antediluvian.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2016 by surfer_soul because: off topic

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fascinating thread, great information & well-presented. I love learning more about the complexities & elegance of nature, thanks for taking the time to put this all together. Will make for some interesting connections when this research takes off fully!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I watched a documentary about that - some plants on the savannah in Africa were poisoning animals that were grazing on them excessively during a drought, when they had become the only available plant food source to these deer-like creatures. They upscaled production of a poisonous compound within their leaves so that they became unnaturally toxic to the animals.. Furthermore, the plants were sending messages on the breeze, from one plant to another across half a mile or so, with chemical messengers which made other plants of the same species produce extra toxin, even if 'they themselves' hadn't yet been munched on. Fascinating.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I watched the myth busters video, thanks for sharing, interesting to see their experiment with the same lie detector as used by Cleve Baxter backed up his findings. Even to the point where the planted reacted to intention(thoughts) alone... That's truly amazing! There needs to be much more research conducted on this phenomena. Here's another clip from the Smithsonian no less, this experiment was conducted to see if plants can generate electrical signals, despite the fact they have no nerves. Again surprisingly, the plants in the experiment do produce small electrical charges when stressed. They even go so far as to treat a plant with Ether, an early knock out drug used on humans. once treated with this substance the plant stops reacting as if its effectively anesthetized. This is fascinating stuff, how it's not got more attention on this site I find peculiar. At one time this would have been right up the ATS communitys street, rather than which stooge will be the next president...

thanks for this, not seen this video before. god i love nature and wish we could understand it better in my life time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join