It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Arthur massacre filmmaker hits back at The Project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Port Arthur massacre filmmaker Paul Moder hits back at The Project over ‘travesty of media whiplashing’

THE filmmaker whose views on the Port Arthur massacre were slammed on The Project on Monday night has come out swinging at producers and panellists Waleed Aly and Carrie Bickmore.

Paul Moder, the mind behind a graphic upcoming film about the day Martin Bryant terrorised Port Arthur, agreed to appear on the show to promote the film Bryant — the Port Arthur Massacre.

Moder said writing the film was “very, very difficult” because of “conspiracy and agenda”.

He attempted to explain how Bryant never received a fair trial. It followed on from a Facebook post in which he suggested Bryant “allegedly” committed the crime.

The Project host Aly was quick to hose down any link to Bryant’s perceived innocence.

I have done some research into the events of Port Arthur, and while I cannot claim to know exactly what went done and who was truly involved, I do feel strongly that the Official Story is about as convincing as the 9//1 Commission Report. Interesting how Waleed Aly, host of The Project, asserts the official narrative as though it is ironclad, beyond the scope of examination, and appeals to emotions ("what about the survivors and their families?") to dismiss the filmmaker Moder's views.

Nevertheless, this is just one of many attempts of TPTB to ridicule and mock conspiracy theorists and researchers. If you don't swallow the Official Story of the event in the way we describe or attempt to challenge it in any form, you will be laughed at, stereotyped and alienated. While I do not agree with all his views, the filmmaker does not come across as paranoid, psychologically unbalanced or mentally disturbed.

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
A trial run for US gun control initiatives?
southeastasianews.org...

edit on C2016vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 26 Apr 2016 08:24:47 -050030AM8America/Chicago4 by CovertAgenda because: adds

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It was the most bizzare story ever, Bryant had an 8 year old child's IQ and the ability to kill more people than a trained special forces sniper

It also went a long way to ending gun ownership in Australia.

Some of his shots were Beirut blockers, expert marksman kills

They took the guns

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
While i do think its a bit dodgy and all the contradictions and inconsistancies do point to some sort of cover up Im not buying the "false flag to take away our guns" nonsense.

Australia has never been big on guns and it would have been quite easy to get an anti gun law passed even without the massacre.

I think anyone who reckons this was about denying Aussies guns doesnt understand Aussies all that well

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
A trial run for US gun control initiatives?
southeastasianews.org...

Neither description fits Bryant who has a beautifully smooth complexion. Graham Collyer says that it was not Bryant who shot him in the neck.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The truth will never see the light of day, Bryant was a patsie

In depth article from Nexus Magazine
www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
While i do think its a bit dodgy and all the contradictions and inconsistancies do point to some sort of cover up Im not buying the "false flag to take away our guns" nonsense.

Australia has never been big on guns and it would have been quite easy to get an anti gun law passed even without the massacre.

I think anyone who reckons this was about denying Aussies guns doesnt understand Aussies all that well

Really, what country are you from.
There are a few Aussies on this board who would laugh at such a silly comment

Or what don't you believe in conspiracy so, am I a bit of a dummy believing that killing people in mass shootings is a false flag

I beg your pardon because I don't trust any governments

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Im Aussie from Melbs, Im sure you could find people on this site who would laugh, you could probably even find a few on the streets but guaranteed for every one you found who laughed id find 10 who staunchly agree.

I believe there has been some sort of cover up and conspiracy I just dont buy that is was part of a gun grab.
Most urban Aussies think guns are for psychos and we never had a gun culture.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
In the first full year after the massacre, gun crime went up 40%, in Australia, so whatever the motive's behind the shootings, it seems to me the confiscation part of the agenda did not seem to work all that well.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Im Aussie from Melbs, Im sure you could find people on this site who would laugh, you could probably even find a few on the streets but guaranteed for every one you found who laughed id find 10 who staunchly agree.

I believe there has been some sort of cover up and conspiracy I just dont buy that is was part of a gun grab.
Most urban Aussies think guns are for psychos and we never had a gun culture.

Melbourne, it makes sense now, I am told you have two heads and half a brain over there

They say the only reason Tasmania doesn't float away is because Victoria sucks

There was a cover up, guns were taken away, kinda like 1+1 = 2

Another thing 20 years ago guns were well entrenched, the shootings media and the government changed all that

Read the reports

The other thing, Bryant is still locked up without a trial

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From the drivel you just spouted about Vic Im forced to assume youre from Sydney.

Your ignorance and obvious love of American gun culture now makes sense.

Carry on, I see intelligent input isnt needed or wanted here

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

From the drivel you just spouted about Vic Im forced to assume youre from Sydney.

Your ignorance and obvious love of American gun culture now makes sense.

Carry on, I see intelligent input isnt needed or wanted here

Think what you want
I do admire US gun culture, sorry I don't conform to your standards, sorry I am not you and believe what you believe

Ignorant, ignorant enough to think there was more to Port Arthur than a kid with. 66iq killing and wounding 50 odd people
Ignorant enough to see the government in Australia force a gun buy back, ignorant enough to put 1 and 1 together, ignorant enough to point out the obvious to a two headed half brained Victorian

Ignorant, please

I often hear storys from new south Welshmen about how strange Victorians are, kinda understanding that now, can see it

Ignorant, yeah

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It was to be expected.

In fairness I dare say the producers of the project were pushing them; they like other broadcasters see death as an opportunity to boost ratings. Look at Prince-I'll bet my last dollar that those who own the rights to his songs will push for an anthology-it makes me sick.

These opportunist zombies really annoy me. Yes Port Arthur was a disaster and yes the issue of gun control needs to be addressed but just because Waleed is a Gen Y hero it doesn't mean every word that comes out of his mouth is gospel. He's the Aussie Oprah and as much as I like the guy he's not the bloody second coming as some believe him to be.

edit on 26-4-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Has Martin Bryant ever had a chance to tell his side of the story? Keeping the patsy incommunicado is necessary to make sure the official version is not challenged.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Well; mate I got back 3 generations of Aussies and I come from a family of farmers who had guns and I think I understand the Aussie position on guns and my view is 'somewhat' differn't to yours, but no worries.

The important issue is it was a false flag, only has to look at the basic facts and the wider facts about that event to realise it was a false flag.

Martin Bryannt was 29 at the time but had an inlellectual age of 13 years, he had been placed into finanical adminstration the Tasmanian Supreme Court.

The shooter performed at a level that only an expert could, - killed 19 people whith head and neck shots shot from the hip and killed 37 people in all.

No forensic evidence was taken from the site at all. The shooter had lunch before he went to work. he also drove off in a car that identiical to Byrants car - funnay that.

The only people who identifed Bryant as the shooter where those who had seen the Bryants face in the media for week a more.

A former sitting NSW premier Ray Groom said on Current Afair that there would no gun control laws in Australia until there had been a massacre in Trsmania. Some other anti gun campaginer repeated this in NSW a short time later.

Tass has annual muder rate of 5-6 per year but the local govt bought a 24 person mortuary truck 3 months before the day and sold it some time later.

3 ASIO agents died that day and one of them jumped out yellin out "No not in here."

The first person to day said to the partner "there are 2 blokes staren at me, he leant forwad to see who they were and she died and he got grazed. Was there a back up shooter to finish the job if required??

Bryants lawyer got disbarred some years later for the way he "acted for" bryant

Even a cop said Bryant spoke childlike.

Bryant had no military history and no weapons training history.

there is more, cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
A former sitting NSW premier Ray Groom

Ray Groom was never a Premier of any state....

3 ASIO agents died that day and one of them jumped out yellin out "No not in here."

No ASIO agents died at Port Arthur...

Bryants lawyer got disbarred some years later for the way he "acted for" bryant

Still wrong, he got disbarred for theft...
www.smh.com.au...

JOHN AVERY, the lawyer credited with obtaining a guilty plea from the Port Arthur gunman, Martin Bryant, has been jailed in Hobart. The art-collecting former barrister was sentenced to 4½ years' imprisonment after pleading guilty to one count of misappropriation and 129 counts of stealing.

there is more, cheers

More crap from Joe Vialls, you mean!
edit on 27-4-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Waleed Aly is fast become a bit of a pr1ck - he spoke out of line against Shane Warne not so long ago before a fair trail. He is just wallowing in mediocrity in his career and trying to make a move by being some big Shock Jock and the Project is trying to up its ante as some sort of people's voice.

Dont get me wrong, I like Rove, Bickmore et al (not Waleed) but the program should stick to what it does best and that is not being a serious news outlet with hard core journo's asking the challenging questions. If Rove wants the Project to become that then his magic touch might have been left in the States as serious people will avoid the show like the plague.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

And what of Wendy Scurr? Are her objections to the Official Story credible enough?

edit on 27/4/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Ray Groom was never a Premier of any state....

Really?
Raymond John "Ray" Groom, AO, (born 3 September 1944) is a lawyer and former Australian sportsman and politician, representing the Liberal Party in the Federal Parliament 1975–84 and the Tasmanian Parliament 1986–2001. He was a Federal and state minister for a total of 13 years. He was Premier of Tasmania from 1992 to 1996 and also served as Deputy Premier and Attorney-General.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I just read the wiki account of the massacre... from that outlining I'm finding it hard to believe that he did not do it. I can't even see how anyone could use the wording "alledged".

But I'm open to hearing what another account of the whole thing would be? I mean... if Bryant didn't do it, who then? And how the hell could THAT many witness be wrong?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join