It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist Turkey seizes ALL Christian churches in city and declares them 'state property'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

I hear ya, the U.K. express is trash BUT so the so called leader of Turkey who has been trying to rule as a dictator. So it wouldn't surprise me if any of this was true.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Metallicus

Big congrats on completely missing the whole point to that post.

I get your point.

You don't like that it was worded ALL instead of 6. My point is that the facts of this tragedy are the same either way so really you are arguing minutia in an effort to justify the acts of this government because it is against Christians.

Your tacit approval of these actions is the real point.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Oh grow up.

I stated in my first post and then reply how it was more about newspapers hyperbole and distorted wording to sell papers than it was about the article itself.

And as for approval of anything anti-Christian? No. I'm not anti-Christian. Im anti-fundamentalists that distort everything to suit their own agenda.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

INDEEED.

[[fingers in cheek . . . ]] . . . Naw . . . not hating . . . it's merely open season on Christians as we were warned it would be. These are merely the beginning days/weeks/months of the years of open season.

Besides, Political Correctness dictionary declares that it's impossible to 'hate' Christians. Christians by PC definition are always the 'haters' . . . by Daffynition.

I wonder if they'll bring back the lions and the arenas for such spectacles. Certainly a ?surprising? chunk of folks hereon and in the culture at large, would be in the stands cheering for the lions.

I have long wondered . . . at what future stage of the efforts to exterminate Christianity and Christians off the planet . . . will those chronically hostile to Christians but not quite totally sold out to the dark lord . . . yet . . . at what point will they begin to go . . . "Uhhhh . . . I think I've been betting on the wrong horse!" I think it will be massively difficult to reach that conclusion knowing they'd thereby be submitting to the lions themselves.

Sure is an interesting era . . . in the Chinese sense of the word.

Not trying to derail thread and I believe it somewhat ties in with subject.... Alex Jones program .... thousands of portable Guillotines being stored for some reason....speculation that they will be used in some future persecution with punishment by Guillotine! I mean what other reason is a Guillotines used for? Dicing cucumbers ?

I can not speak for other religions but Yeshua did say that anyone who follows him will be persecuted. Now that can be done in various ways....from ignoring the individual to killing the person......one extreme to the next.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

your answer is in your own post : ... properties will be returned once they are restored.

But you said that the reports of property being seized were

hairy and smelly dogs bollocks

Fact remains that private property was seized for what, forced restorations? Are these churches even in need of restoration? Let me find out.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I stated in my first post and then reply how it was more about newspapers hyperbole and distorted wording to sell papers than it was about the article itself

Yes, and that was quite a nonsense post.

All churches there were seized. I don't know how it can be more accurate.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
They are probably demolishing stuff to make new mosques. I notice they described these regions as "war torn", didn't know Turkey has a war going on inside its borders.

Last week there were 7 Armenian CHRISTIAN terrorists killed by security services in Diyarbakir .

It's ok to admit that there are Christian terrorists too .

Of course if they are eradicating Christians it would be convenient to label them terrorists. Sounds like Turkey is suffering from Christianophobia. Here in the West Islamophobia means Islamists get to build more mosques not tear em down.
edit on 26-4-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

I stated in my first post and then reply how it was more about newspapers hyperbole and distorted wording to sell papers than it was about the article itself

Yes, and that was quite a nonsense post.

All churches there were seized. I don't know how it can be more accurate.

No they weren't.

The REMAINING churches were seized.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Like I said pure BS. Right now, in the present, there are 6 churches, and they were all seized. The situation in the past has diddly squat to do with the current situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Like I said pure BS. Right now, in the present, there are 6 churches, and they were all seized. The situation in the past has diddly squat to do with the current situation.

Of course it's relevant.

You go to a car show room. There's 3 toyotas left. You buy them.

Did you buy all the toyotas or all that were left?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I bought all the Toyotas there.

Ffs man, is your brain getting enough oxygen?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I bought all the Toyotas there.

Ffs man, is your brain getting enough oxygen?

You bought all the toyotas that were remaining at that dealership. You didn't buy them all.

It's the same with the churches. Some were destroyed, some were sold, some were converted, what churches were left were seized.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You bought all the toyotas that were remaining at that dealership. You didn't buy them all.

I said I bought all the Toyotas there. They also didn't seize every church everywhere. They seized all the churches at that specific location. Which is exactly what the reports said.

Give it up man, you are being ridiculous.

How is it relevant that there once were more churches there, with regards to reporting the facts, namely that all churches there were seized?

How would it add to, or take away from it? What is your problem?

edit on 26-4-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Oh, no, it's not hating on Christians because it's all our fault, See? /sarc

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No. I'm not anti-Christian. Im anti-fundamentalists that distort everything to suit their own agenda.

So who are the dogmatic fundamentalists in this story? Is it the Christian people that lost their churches or the Government that seized them? I would say the fundies you should be angry with are on the Government's side not the side of the Christian people.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I gather that your values are such that

facts which don't 100% totally fit

your personal sensibilities are to be relegated to the hoax bin?

And you think the rest of us should treat that notion as sensible?

Interesting.

Dude your tittle says all churches, don't let me stop you from your victimhood today. turkeys president does not play nice to stay in power, still does does not mean all christians and churches in turkey are now government owned or outlawed.

ANother one bites the dust
edit on 26-4-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Interesting.

Dude your tittle says all churches, which is a big fat lie, don't let me stop you from your victimhood today. turkeys president does not play nice to stay in power, still does not excuse you from lying.

There were six churches in the city and six churches were seized...how is that not 'ALL' of the churches?

Your're the liar.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Interesting.

Dude your tittle says all churches, which is a big fat lie, don't let me stop you from your victimhood today. turkeys president does not play nice to stay in power, still does not excuse you from lying.

There were six churches in the city and six churches were seized...how is that not 'ALL' of the churches?

Your're the liar.

Had to change my post, as english is not my first language, i did miss the city part, still does not excuse the usual emotional responses from you and the ops ilk.

Turkey is a messed up country, but yea its because there christians.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Google is so awesome, i learned that the city where the churches where taken ,was partially destroyed by fighting, it also has a large kurdish population and the city stands on a site where people have lived since the assyrian time or even older.

Some of the churches where of armenian orthodox and some christian, you'd think that turkey not liking the kurds and armenians, would be clear enough why these lands where taken for supposed security reasons.

SO you guys can lose the poor us christians shtick, this is a lot more complicated than them evil muslims hate us.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Don't worry.

This isn't about Islam.

It's about greed.

www.nytimes.com...

Looks like they want to take that property and build luxury condo's, so their will probably some kickbacks, secret deals and gentrification.... you know Capitalism.

So it's all good.

[sarcasm]
edit on 26-4-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join