It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a war on individual identity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In a sense, all the progressives here come bashing individuality, they push the progress over for the greater good, if you are against it, you have to be stomped.... *insert irony*

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Absolutely!! Convention disappears in the face of reality/necessity! Being a trucker, I have many similar tales that have grown more embarrassing the older I get...

Now add in those of us who have been GRATEFUL to utilize the amenities of an out-house and this current debate holds no water....cough, cough.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: lordcomac

Skirts are fine, but bras and heels are very uncomfortable. It is something you have to train yourself to get used to.

What kind of training is required to believe a man is a woman ?

Do we need some kind of software patch so that we can know the difference ??

Or do we just gotta believe every whacko around is fully telling the truth and hope for the best ???

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

It's a hard thing, to not label. I'd be inclined to say it's impossible, in fact. Not all labels are bad, however...

As an example: Assuming you're male--a label of "you're a good man" isn't a bad label, but a label just the same. It all depends upon the intent behind it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I always refer to music when I need hard labels, I mean, of course some bands play a little of everything and are hard to categorize, but when you look for music types, without labels you would be completely clueless!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I came to the realization that there may be a war on individual identity in pop culture.
Now I'm not exactly sold on this yet but it just seems like... There's an agenda to destroy individual identity going on.

Assuming (never assume big mistake) ATS is not a "Pop Culture" environment; does membership presume to 'accidentally' destroy or stomp the individual identity by having the premise of all contributors remain Anonymous?
edit on 27-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
There has been a war on the white male for decades now. You only need to see what is safe to demean in our commercials and advertisements to see what is happening. It is 'safe' to make the white male stupid or foolish in commercials with the woman or minority coming in and providing the poor misguided sod the wisdom he needs to solve his problem.

It is disgusting and it exists. Once again I agree with you, OneQuestion. It is becoming a regular thing here and it scares me!

Really? Because going by prison statistics, it's the Black Male that society has been attacking.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Anaana

Absolutely!! Convention disappears in the face of reality/necessity! Being a trucker, I have many similar tales that have grown more embarrassing the older I get...

Now add in those of us who have been GRATEFUL to utilize the amenities of an out-house and this current debate holds no water....cough, cough.

I remember (many, many years ago) going to the cinema in Corfu town (Dead Poet's Society with subtitles) and, having consumed a beer or two, made my way to the toilets during the intermission (that's how long ago it was) and being confronted with a row of squat holes. My immediate horror was quickly followed by a scream from my bladder, a shrug and I got it over with.

We all have to do it, but we humans have the uncanny ability to get all unnatural about what is natural.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
3rd Millennium BC:
Assyrian priests cross-dress, men have societally approved homosexual relationships, transgendered people take part in public processions. Kings had male lovers.

Ancient Egypt:
Same-sex marriage approved and publicly celebrated, with male's hand in marriage costing up to 15x as much as female's.

Indigenous Americas:
Bisexual and/or transgendered people recognized as such, accepted, and referred to as 'two-souls'.

Ancient Greece:
Super gay. Even Plato took part.

Rome:
"in the Roman Republic, the Goddess Cybele was worshiped by a cult of people who castrated themselves, and thereafter took female dress and referred to themselves as female."

France, 1791:
All homosexual activity decriminalized.

Germany, 1890's - 1934:
"Prior to the Third Reich, Berlin was a liberal city, with many gay bars, nightclubs and cabarets. There were even many drag bars where tourists straight and gay would enjoy female impersonation acts."

Southeast Asia:
Ladyboys or 'Kathoeys' have been around since antiquity and are 100% socially accepted.

Modern-day India:
It is extremely common for heterosexual men to hold hands in public. One cannot ride a train without being aggressively clapped at(this is how they ask for money) by a group of mtf transgenders.

Modern-day Arabia:
Extremely common for men to kiss.

MY POINT BEING this wouldn't be the first time lines were blurred, and things are most assuredly not becoming 'worse' than they once were. Whether on likes it or not, it's a part of human and animal behavior.

The idea that Americans have of what masculine and feminine means, is really just a cultural microcosm. Sure, it might be the 'norm' for you growing up in a post McCarthyist America, but it never was, and never will be any kind of colloquial norm. Your idea of 'how things should be' won't last, as history has shown, so why cling to it so desperately?

Not an SJW or snowflake by any means, I just couldn't care less about how sexually weird anyone wants to get as long as it's not hurting anyone. Why? Cause I'm comfortable in my heterosexuality!

edit on 28-4-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The elite class socially engineers us to behave and think the way they want us to, using the media, government, entertainment, and the internet. They want us all equally sick, weak, poor, dumbed-down, and aloof so that they can do what they want without resistance. They use the people that are the most brainwashed as useful idiots. They use the intelligent yet selfish to carry out the deeds they require. They prop up media icons that spew the thoughts they want us to think. They demonize and attack free thinking people. They ensure that people don't rise up by turning the zombies against one another. There is no place for individualism in a society of brainwashed zombies.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join