It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo to Cruz and Kasich...the fat lady's warming up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: UKTruth

What a hot mess of rambling by Cruz. Some constitutionalist, he forgets that "We the People" bit when it comes to saving his political hide. Notice how he now suckles at the teat of the RNC and GOP leadership?

Cruz, at times, looks and sounds like a man on the edge of a breakdown.

Ted Cruz started his long slide into the abyss in 2015, when he told voters at a campaign stop that he masturbates with his Bible.

Oh well, Ted's only 45. If he doesn't totally crack-up, he'll have several more chances to run for President.
-cwm

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It would appear that Plan C for the GOP establishment is to unseat delegates in states that Trump won. If they manage to succeed in doing so (and the people deciding whether there is a case or not for unseating will be the same people that want it to happen) then potentially hundreds of Trump delegates could be switched to unbound delegates on the first vote (or the states results will be excluded altogether). This would make it impossible for a majority decision even if Trump got to 1237 and ensure a round 2 ballot

This whole process is going to start in the next couple of weeks with state level convention challenges being sent to the RNC.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It would appear that Plan C for the GOP establishment is to unseat delegates in states that Trump won. If they manage to succeed in doing so (and the people deciding whether there is a case or not for unseating will be the same people that want it to happen) then potentially hundreds of Trump delegates could be switched to unbound delegates on the first vote (or the states results will be excluded altogether). This would make it impossible for a majority decision even if Trump got to 1237 and ensure a round 2 ballot

This whole process is going to start in the next couple of weeks with state level convention challenges being sent to the RNC.

The thing is that the American people's eyes are wide open now...more than ever before their radar is up for the back room deal making and unprincipled arm twisting that is going on.

Newt Gingrich last night said that if the people even suspect that the establishment is going to try to steal this nomination from Trump...ie. they intend to try to thwart the will of the people...that huge numbers of people will descend upon Cleveland.

Newt didn't say it, but the implication was clear - there would be chaos, and quite likely violence. It could well be the end of the Republican Party.

Personally, I think the leadership will snap out of it in time to realize that they need to rally around Trump, and stop Hillary before she loads the Supreme Court with left-leaners - or heaven forbid, if she is forced to drop out because of indictments, and Bernie gets the reigns...America might go full-bore Denmark!
edit on 27-4-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Why is it hard to swallow for anti-Trump people? This is probably the best outcome the Left could hope for. Trump is a loser against Hillary. The RCP polls show Trump 11 points behind Clinton in two separate polls and 3 points behind in another.

A vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary and people are celebrating that?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Trump has already started on Hillary.
Urging Bernie to run 3rd party and empathizing with him as the victim of cheating was genius last night.
As Gingrich said last night, it's amazing how much talent Trump has for this - who'd have thought he was such a political genius.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: xpert11

They both lack the common sense to realize that they will absolutely lose the election if they succeed in usurping the nod and the party will be annihilated in the process.

I wish this part of your comment could be put in a billboard around all every home of every GOP establishment member. They simply do not get t. It's like the old saying "my common sense isn't necessarily your common sense."

That's the truth of it, if Trump does not get the nomination, Republicans lose, and not just the presidency, they lose big across ALL of America, everywhere. A new party rises up(eventually) to take its place but until than, Democrats completely control virtually everything.

The reason they don't see it? They've watched conservatives every election complain and than get in line, they expect us to do the same again. It won't happen again, why? Because like her or not, Clinton is NOT worse than Obama. We won't fall for that trick again, we'd much rather let Clinton win if it destroys the party that has betrayed us time and time again.

This is the last chance GOP, your move.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Urging Bernie to run 3rd party and empathizing with him as the victim of cheating was genius last night.
As Gingrich said last night, it's amazing how much talent Trump has for this - who'd have thought he was such a political genius.

Yep, so simple too.

Tell the damn TRUTH!!!

Tell it so people understand. Not the verbal vomit polititians learn to lie with.

Cruz says now they will be moving to greener friendlier pastures out west. WTF?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Rumor has it that he will also announce his VP pick this afternoon....

WTF indeed. Up is down. Dark is light. Etc.

He's winning by losing I guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Why is it hard to swallow for anti-Trump people? This is probably the best outcome the Left could hope for. Trump is a loser against Hillary. The RCP polls show Trump 11 points behind Clinton in two separate polls and 3 points behind in another.

A vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary and people are celebrating that?

Careful what you wish for...

Trump is going to pick "crooked Hillary" apart bit by bit...methodically, continuously, mercilessly.

By the time he is done with her (and Bill)...by the time he is finished embedding into the public consciousness (like has done on the rigged/manipulated GOP delegate selection process), the long and continuing legacy of self-serving corruption and self-enriching that is the Clinton machine's modus operandi...she will plummet in the polls, and he will rise.

And this prediction holds even if she is not indicted for her negligent handling of Top Secret (and above) information, and/or the blatant corruption surrounding the Clinton Foundation...before, during and after her stint as Secretary of State.

Trump will expose her - because of his total command of the media, MSM and Social - in ways that she and her camp cannot have ever imagined. People right now are sort of half-aware, half-blind to the extent to which she and Bill run a criminal enterprise, that entirely depends on the public's normal apathy and inattention to political detail.

Because Trump is a media magnet - impossible not to watch (whether you love him or hate him) - the entire country is suddenly going to be fully-aware, and unblinded, when it comes to Hillary and Bill Clinton.

Sorry to repeat myself, but be careful what you wish for...

Clinton(s) against Cruz or Kasich is a walk in the park leading to the White House. Clinton against Trump is going to be the utter destruction of another (following the vanquishing of the Bush Family power structure) Political Dynasty, leading...quite possibly...to the Big House.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Trump is going to pick "crooked Hillary" apart bit by bit...methodically, continuously, mercilessly. By the time he is done with her (and Bill)...by the time he is finished embedding into the public consciousness (like has done on the rigged/manipulated GOP delegate selection process), the long and continuing legacy of self-serving corruption and self-enriching that is the Clinton machine's modus operandi...she will plummet in the polls, and he will rise.

What is he going to bring to our attention that we do not know already? She's been bashed over the head for everything we could possibly think of.

Trump will expose her - because of his total command of the media, MSM and Social - in ways that she and her camp cannot have ever imagined.

I thought the media was against Trump. Now he's in control of the MSM? Well, that contradicts the narrative that we have been told.

People right now are sort of half-aware, half-blind to the extent to which she and Bill run a criminal enterprise, that entirely depends on the public's normal apathy and inattention to political detail.

How do you know that?

Anyway, your post is not based in reality. It's a fanboy rant full of wishful thinking and BS. You're not saying it to convince me or others. You're saying it to reassure yourself that what you believe is true.

Sad thing is...it's nonsense.
edit on 27-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No genius he caters a group that most people ignore because that groups view are out of touch with most of America. In a primary that had an crazy number of people running that was enough to get by. The problem being is that was short term thinking and he has alienated most Americans which is why he polls lower than any other candidate entering a Presidential election. That is a big problem because the key to winning is to win over undecided voters who do not have an opinion of you. That group does not exist with Trump.

And then you have the problems he has cause in the GOP itself. Where Sanders wants some influence with Clinton for his support he has also said he would do everything in his power to maker a Republican did not win the White House. In the GOP half of the voters lead by moderate and conservative leaders of the party will either sit home or vote against Trump.

For the GOP the best hope is a brokered convention where somebody not tainted by the behavior of the primary candidates of which most GOP voters say they are embarrassed. That new person would have a better chance than Trump or Cruz. That is not likely to happen.

A smart politician plays the long game. They have to win the primary without destroying their chances in the national election. People like Trump and Cruz catered to certain groups with views that most Americans find repulsive. And they have left no room to support each other in the national election.

So Americans are left voting for Clinton. Not that they want to, not that they are big supporters they simply will not vote for Trump or Cruz.

What will be interesting to watch is how the GOP reforms itself. Trump and Cruz will become irrelevant after this disaster of an general election. The DNC will be all powerful at all levels with its only opposition crushed. Will it be able to stay unified or fracture? Will be able to get things done or fall to the same internal fighting that has wrecked the GOP? Will the GOP come out more moderate where it can contend in national elections or go farther right? These are the things I look forward to watching.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

What is he going to bring to our attention that we do not know already? She's been bashed over the head for everything we could possibly think of.

I'm sure while YOU are fully aware and many here are, do not pretend to believe that the vast majority of Americans are. Most Americans are going about their day, working and taking care of their children. Most are not interested, yet, to hear about the news and politics, regardless of how people like you and myself are. What the poster referred to, and what I'm sure you are aware of, is that when it's finally time for the real election, and the majority of American voters start looking, THAT is when he will make them aware.

Just the other day I had to explain to a co-worker what "Benghazi" was all about, She funnily enough heard Trump say it during a speech and asked me as she knew I kept up with politics. So yes, the poster is correct, Trump will bring attention to many of the things most Americans are simply not aware of.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Just the other day I had to explain to a co-worker what "Benghazi" was all about, She funnily enough heard Trump say it during a speech and asked me as she knew I kept up with politics. So yes, the poster is correct, Trump will bring attention to many of the things most Americans are simply not aware of.

Please, please let Trump bring-up Benghazi. After all of those hearings, investigations and millions of dollars spent by Republicans, Hillary and the Obama administration was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Benghazi is a great example of how Republicans waste taxpayer money and tie-up our elected official's time on political witch hunts.

So I hope Trump does bring it up because Hillary will eat him alive if he tried to pull that crap. I'm not a fan of Hillary, but she knows her #.

Edit: I hope you told your co-worker the truth about Benghazi, not the Right Wing propaganda lie.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It's funny that someone would call him a genius, when in 3 separate states, I believe it was 3, Trump and his campaign did not even know the state's primary rules and procedures.

Then they whined about it and tried to blame Cruz for their ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I'm sure while YOU are fully aware and many here are, do not pretend to believe that the vast majority of Americans are. Most Americans are going about their day, working and taking care of their children. Most are not interested, yet, to hear about the news and politics, regardless of how people like you and myself are. What the poster referred to, and what I'm sure you are aware of, is that when it's finally time for the real election, and the majority of American voters start looking, THAT is when he will make them aware.

Trump has been incredibly smart the way he has led the media from story to story, moving at his pace. As you say, it's not about a few people knowing the Hillary scandals, it's about making everyone aware to the point they make a judgement on it. Real genius in terms of media strategy, both for bringing down others and for strengthening his own brand. He even has Cruz people talking about how much of genius he is. Amazing.
edit on 27/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Please, please let Trump bring-up Benghazi. After all of those hearings, investigations and millions of dollars spent by Republicans, Hillary and the Obama administration was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Four Americans died. A serving American ambassador was killed. That has not happened since 1979. Gee remember what happened that year?

You disgusting Hillary apologists delight in yelling she was cleared of any wrong doing. She may not be charged for what she did, but what went on occurred while she was Sec of State. She is RESPONSIBLE for those 4 American lives. She has proven she was not fit to be Sec of State; how can she be fit to be POTUS?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Four Americans died. A serving American ambassador was killed. That has not happened since 1979. Gee remember what happened that year?

You disgusting Hillary apologists delight in yelling she was cleared of any wrong doing. She may not be charged for what she did, but what went on occurred while she was Sec of State. She is RESPONSIBLE for those 4 American lives. She has proven she was not fit to be Sec of State; how can she be fit to be POTUS?

I think she was asleep and couldn't be bothered to get out of bed when it was happening.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump has been incredibly smart the way he has led the media from story to story, moving at his pace.

Can you prove that? How did he lead the media from story to story? It appears that he has been reactionary, for the most part, when it came to the media, not proactive.

Real genius in terms of media strategy, both for bringing down others and for strengthening his own brand.

Incorrect. His popularity overall is at an all new low.

How bad are Trump’s image ratings? The HuffPost Pollster average of recent national polls puts Trump’s favorability at only 31 percent, while 63 percent view him unfavorably.

That’s a notable decline from late January, on the eve of the first votes in the GOP nominating process, when Trump’s average favorability rating was 37 percent, with 57 percent viewing him unfavorably.

www.politico.com...

He even has Cruz people talking about how much of genius he is. Amazing.

Interesting. Had not heard about that. Can you provide evidence of that as well?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You disgusting Hillary apologists delight in yelling she was cleared of any wrong doing.

Delight? Horse#.

It's the truth. I know that doesn't fit your agenda, but it's true. Now you can run-off at the mouth about what she is or is not responsible for, but on a debate stage if Trump tries to pull this Benghazi stuff, it will be shoved back down his throat.

If he tries the same tactic as you did here, he will just look like a jackass.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Is she responsible or not?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join