It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Doves Cry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I dropped in to give you a S&F yesterday, but sort of ran out of time to write anything. I just wanted you to know that your essay/eulogy was absolutely beautifully written and I enjoyed reading every word.

B x

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Great post. I love that Charlie Murphy story it was one of the best Dave Chapelle skits.

Though from what I have read about John Lennon he wasn't really as loving to his family as he portrayed himself to be for the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Really enjoyed the story OP, never been a fan of his music or his persona that was publicly seen, the man came off as a spoilt egotistical control freak with dubious thoughts about white people. Was this the real Prince or a misdirection to keep his privacy, I guess we will never know. The fact he basically threw people out of a restaurant so he could sneak in and not be looked at annoys me, any so called star that do these things are a bit of a douche in my book, be it image or him it matters not, its annoying and to know he did this to a legend called George Benson, a jazz great who was making records long before Prince was born also just annoys, it shows zero respect.

What I do like is that the man made others happy via his music and I respect him for that..

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I know the Jazz cafe you speak of... seems an appropriate place for Prince.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I just found this Oprah interview from 1996. I wanted to add it to the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join