It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emasculation of the modern male

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: TheBulk

Masculinity has been targeted by the regressive left and feminists.

What a surprise for ats. The left taking the wrap again. Not very masculine blaming lefties and girls. Take some of that personal responsibility the conservatives are always preaching about

It's left wingers pushing this crap everywhere I look. Who do you blame? Why would I care what conservatives preach?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You know what? I miss those old movies back in the 80s, 90s, early 00s where the guys talked in a macho bul# kind of way. If you look at most men these days, the metrosexuality and all, is over hyped! Look at how feminine we have become! I'm not saying it is wrong to take care of you in a way it makes you feel good, clean.. but too much? really? then the way society looks at you, if you are let's say a hunter, hunting has always been a virile thing to do, linked to a primal survival instict, deep agression or love for sport, you do feel things you dont usually feel when you hunt, you connect to your ancient roots in a way, but how it is perceived by others, meh. There was a time when men were hailed to be achievers, strong and providers, usually your father would teach you that.
edit on 25-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We live in a society where you have to check your manhood at the door when you go to work everyday. There was a time when tradesmen and workers were respected for their work, now you are just a labor unit and if you don't perform you are discarded for a cheaper labor unit. The salaried and managerial classes are the only ones who get treated like men, blue collar workers are lower than dirt now. The level of disrespect towards men at workplaces is ABYSMAL. The expectation is that you just smile, eat Sh*t and go on paying your mortgage and car payment. Then there is the state of modern marriage, where women initiate divorce 60 percent of the time and turn men into indentured servants who are forced to pay child support and alimony and most times never get to see their kids more than once in awhile. Its tough being a man in 2016. Most guys in their twenties don't have a hope of ever making enough money to marry and raise a family as well, and I am sorry ladies, but a lot of you are just world class gold diggers looking for the fattest wallet. There are a lot of decent women out there, but they are getting harder to find. I am not trying to anger or demean anyone, just calling it as I see it.
edit on 25-4-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, I am so sorry that you men find life so hard because you can't be destructive and primitive willy nilly.

What ever happened with the idea wanting to EVOLVE as a species? Why do you prefer to act like cavemen? What ever happened to progress?

The violence you wish to have doesn't start and stop with men. It will and DOES become violence against women.

How many times have you felt terribly afraid when doing something SIMPLE like walking down the street or sitting on a train? Probably never, right? No, you have your big strong man muscles, after all.

Why do we prevent bears and lions from roaming the streets? Because they are harmful to others. Men should not strive to harm others like viscous animals, and they shouldn't feel bad about being prevented from doing so either.

Men need to learn how to understand their emotions more fully. Violence and anger are almost never the solution to problems. Anger is usually an emotion that is confused with other emotions, and violence is a result of this misinterpretation. Men need to learn to cry. There is really nothing wrong with crying. Honestly, crying feels good and doesn't hurt a fly. Win, f--king, win. Oh, but I am sure you find eyes leaking fluid to be oh so offensive and emasculating.

Anti-woman threads are way too common here. FYI, feminism is basically dead. The "waves" are receding and believe it or not, things have gotten much worse for women over the past few years. Example, abortion. After decades, no one will just let it go.

But so sorry that you feel you can't be who you "naturally" are. I wonder what it is like to be so oppressed? Oh wait....
edit on 25-4-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Well, I dunno about you but there are plenty of young males today in those age rages who fight and so did the generations before them and so will the generations after them. You make it sound like males at these ages never get into fights when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Some guys fight, some don't. Same goes for the gals.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

Wow, easy now.. no one is saying we have to display our agression openly.. there are safe ways to do that.

Your whole comment is what I was talking about, if a man is proud to be a man, someone comes bashing his pride..

And by the way, how is this thread anti-woman? Enlighten us please.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think if you view this through a lens of simple male violence, you are missing the point somewhat.

It's more about being in control of your own life, your own emotional responses.
Sometimes the way you feel means that you have to act in a way that will have consequences, whether that means getting into a fight or getting in strife at work.

At no point should anyone ever confuse that with "It's ok to hit a woman"

Now I fully realise there are women in this world who could probably kick my old ar5e without breaking a sweat, that said, it would need to be a hell of a thing for my to break the traditional taboo of hitting a woman...(to protect a family member or , to a lesser degree, myself if I was attacked are the only two I can think of).

In my opinion, being surrounded by people who, while may be prone to violence, but are otherwise honest with me and not the type to simmer on things or expect me to is far preferable to being surrounded by people who pose no physical threat but seethe with resentment all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

The definition of pride is:

a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

Why does punching people in the face have to be your only source of pride? Violence should not be "admired"

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Allowing aggression to manifest itself in a violent act is obviously not right or a good thing and in my opinion any man that needs to be violent to feel masculine has missed something, becoming less violent is a positive trait and something humans, especially men, should be proud of, it's civilisation evolving.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FairyThorne
Allowing aggression to manifest itself in a violent act is obviously not right or a good thing and in my opinion any man that needs to be violent to feel masculine has missed something, becoming less violent is a positive trait and something humans, especially men, should be proud of, it's civilisation evolving.

I disagree, sometimes someone will do something that deserves a slap. It's life.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Its funny, you turned this thread into a man vs woman thing, it's not!

No man should be proud of hitting a woman, never, we are supposed to be gentlemen and have exemplary behaviours.

There are ways to be proud that dont involve combat, one is raising a family, having your independence, helping others, to be a good example in a community.

Still, I dont deny some people are overtly agressive, but part of your development as a human being, is learning how to deal with it, to have a healty relationship with your inner agression is part of maturity, some people go to sports, etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
cant beat a good scrap

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Fighting is an amazing lesson every man should learn at least once in your life.

To know what its like to stand for something and be willing to go all the way.

Its not about being macho its an example of a larger issue.

Its a very simplton perspective to see it how it is present in certain post.

Its more about the archetype.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

As a race of people, we shouldn't attempt normalize violence.

Violence is something that can easily escalate. It may start off as something simple like a basic on-on-one fight, but quickly turn onto a mob. Over time people will be desensitized to hurting others and it'll make them less empathetic overall. I don't know how that is good.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Your zeroing in on a singular issue if you pay attention to the rest of the thread the conversation goes way deeper and although you may not be a boy or man you may not realize how much a fact of life it as at a young age.

Where I grew up it was a fact of life until everyone hit their mid 20's.
No one here is condoning it as an option its an example an issue in western culture.
edit on 4/25/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm not saying its good, but the world is not black and white anymore, there are shades.

Isnt the world, less empathetic already?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I used to get bullied when was about 4 years old and this bigger kid got in my face often but one day I jumped as high as I could and cracked him right in the kisser and ran as fast as I could hehe.

Weeks later I was riding my bike and the front wheel came off as I hit a curb. I bet that punk did it too but I was glad I stood up for myself.

Now days I dislike violence and everything that goes with it.

For you younger guys I am gonna say that odds are no one is gonna tell you jack # about how to conduct yourself like a true man unless you luck out and someone rubs that off on you.

Start reading if this is you young whipper snappers so you can see what American "society" does to men these days. You will be horrified.

Here is a link that can be useful and really illustrates how far society will do to tear men down in society

www.returnofkings.com...

Then there is MGTOW but I will just let you figure that out for yourselves. Educate yourselves or fall into the traps that have been set for you by some very evil people in positions of power.

link   

I have been in streetfights. Some of the most memorable experiences I ever had. I will defend myself and my honour, even if I have the choice to walk away.

Last week I hugged my best friend and we cried together because his mother passed away.

Both sides are important but feminazis and leftists only want to see one of them.

edit on 25-4-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Substracto

I'm not saying its good, but the world is not black and white anymore, there are shades.

Isnt the world, less empathetic already?

Of course were saying its good that's nonsensical.

Although its one of the best ways to test your will if you do it as a challenge to yourself in a professional setting.

Rarely in the gym have I met guys who are fighters who are also bad people.

It takes a certain kind of will and dedication to get anywhere and the evil guys are not the rule they are the exception in the fighting world most of my friends are amazing giving caring people and IRS because they know who they are.

Its a process of self actualization.

link   

I actually just had this discussion with a co-worker.

I am by no means old (28) and even just a while ago back in high school, it was unheard of for people to "get jumped" outside of the inner city. Kids would even block off the halls so teachers could not get through. 1 on 1. Fair fight. No weapons. If anyone tried to jump in, that person would be dealt with separately. I abhor gang fights and crowd fighting. I think if you are going to be man or woman enough to run your mouth, you better be able to hold your own or get in a ring and practice before letting your mouth write a check.

Getting the snot kicked out of you is almost a part of growing up, imo. That's how we learn our boundaries.

(That sounds incredibly strange but I kind of actually do feel that way.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join