It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real job of the president?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The real test will be for the next President who will be a Democrat with DNC controlled Senate, likely a DNC controlled house and a Republican Party in ruins.

Sadly, I think Mr. Spad is completely correct. (though I don't share the assessment of Obama's aftermath).

The employment numbers for one, are a bit of an illusion....as even if more are employed, it's also that they are under-employed. Even though more are insured, we're all paying way more for it, further lessening our income. As for bodies, they still are coming, and he's even called for MORE to go over, we just don't hear about it as much.

I think their only job is to read the speeches that are given to them. They are probably trained for years prior to becoming the president.

Shills or not, I still think it is likely the most difficult job on the planet. That said, I'm actually happy for this post though, because more people need to stop and consider just what the President does, and can do, and his/her role in it, so they can then choose the best applicant to fit the job.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
To facilitate the globalist agenda. That's why Obama threatened the UK last week if they dare leave the EU. The main job of the President is to prepare the country for loss of sovereignty, which is why we have open borders and the government angling hard to control every industry. That's why Obamacare stinks, so government has to take control. That's why we have the global warming scam, so government can control the energy you use. That's why Obama asks the UN for permission to go to war or to negotiate nuclear deals, while leaving the U.S. Congress totally out of the loop. The weaker a President makes the U.S., the more he is praised by the media, not a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
To do one the most complex stressful jobs imaginable, working hours that age you massively, making decisions that have variables at local, state, national and global levels that require a near impossible balancing act, trying to satisfy a nation that only understands sound bites and has the attention span of 2 seconds, dealing with the trade, military and political machinations of hundreds of other nations, trying to keep your political party on tract and the opposing political party from blocking everything and putting the nation at a stand still, being called lazy, stupid, and whatever other insult you can think of by people who are utterly clueless about how anything in the worlds works and still trying to do some good for the nation. And then when you have day off or a vacation (that means a 6 to 8 hour work day) the opposing political party declares that you do nothing.

The only way you know if you managed to do any good is took look at the nation at the end and see how it compared to when you started. If your Obama you see more jobs, more healthcare and no more bodies of US troops pouring in weekly. All things considered you end up ranked somewhere in the middle of US Presidents. With politics being what it is today you can not expect much more. The real test will be for the next President who will be a Democrat with DNC controlled Senate, likely a DNC controlled house and a Republican Party in ruins.

Cute

You think the government works

<< 1   >>

join