It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Settles Lawsuit Over Tamir Rice Shooting for $6M

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Hmm, I don't think they would of been so quick to shoot if it was a white kid..just what my gut tells me.

Exactly. They want us to believe that there is no heavy handedness towards blacks even though we can point out the difference with video and facts. Closed minds......

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

We really don't know what would happen. My guess is the kid would have still he shot if he was white

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Did you read the link I posted?

If so, I really can't fathom your answer.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora
How did people see his gun if he was concealed carrying?

Instead of me giving you a fish, I'd like you to learn to fish: Research Ohio's definition of "concealed" and answer your own question.

Do you have proof (other than the cops words or a grainy video that kinda looks like it) that he actually was concealing it?

Well, if you remove all available sworn statements (which a police report is) and visual evidence available to the general public, then ask me for proof, I'm going to have to say that you're asking for a miracle from an atheist.

As far as "reaching for it" did the cops roll up yelling to "drop the gun"? If so the cops are 100% at fault for him "reaching for it".....

Are you even familiary with the details of the case, or are you trying to get information for the first time?

No, the officers didn't tell him to drop the gun. According to them, they shouted three times for Rice to show his hands, which is when Rice reached for the weapon. According to some interviewed witnesses, they say that the officers never yelled any commands.

In either event, no, they did not tell him to drop the weapon that wasn't in his hands in the first place.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
oh it was mentioned in the 911 call
why did this story resurface... ruined my week. its only Monday

You're right, it was mentioned that is was "probably" a replica gun.

But with that said, this part of the 911 call was never relayed by dispatch to the officers, it was only mentioned that there was a kid with a gun (not a replica, fake, plastic, or otherwise).

I got my communication moments mixed up, but regardless, the officers had no idea that it was assumed by the 911 caller that it was "probably" not a real gun.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
wow. this is insane.
not only we killed your kid, but use the money to prevent us from killing more kids.
i wouldd donate a portion to the entire dept. to get better training for LEO whom unfit to carry a gun by their own admisson
remember how the official police statements changed over time too... makes me sick.

In an open letter released Monday, the president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association said, "We can only hope the Rice family and their attorneys will use a portion of this settlement to help educate the youth of Cleveland in the dangers associated with the mishandling of both real and facsimile firearms."

letter

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I'd buy the police department and fire EVERY SINGLE ONE OF EM.

And least the money would go to good use then.

BTW...SLAPPY.....did you happen to read my link where there are at least 8 cases of white guys actually shooting and/or really pointing guns at cops who lived to tell the tale?

edit on 27-4-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As a taxpayer, I'd want him fired before his bad decisions could cost me another 6 million dollars. They really need to start being more selective of the people they hire

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The cops did what they had to do. The hooligan was swinging a gun around, and safety of the people around him and the cops was at stake. The cops did what was the best outcome in the case (they didn't want to risk the gun being used to shoot someone). Even if the gun was supposedly fake, how should the cops know? The hooligan was not innocent at all in this case, but sadly you SJWs still defend him.
edit on 27-4-2016 by KaibaTheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KaibaTheJedi

Ah. SJW. Are you going to call us special snowflakes next? Ah....how cute......

If he was "flinging" the gun about how is it considered concealed again?

Either it's concealed or not........

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

For all those saying Rice wasn't open carrying his toy gun......

What is considered concealed?

In 1969 the Court was asked to define ‘concealed’ and decided used the definition given by the Court of Appeals of Maryland, in Shipley v. State. The Shipley Court said that a weapon was concealed so situated as not to be discernible by ordinary observation by those near enough to see it if it were not concealed. It specified that absolute invisibility was not required, stating that ordinary observation did not extend to an unusually careful, thorough, or detailed search. Read the full case by clicking here!

www.ohiocarry.org...

By definition if someone saw him carrying a weapon it was openly carried.......

Case closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join