It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my personal hypothesis why UFO sightings are less common. What's yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Yogi Berra Hypothesis

"Earth? Nobody goes there any more! Too crowded!"

Kidding aside, there is probably this explanation:

Earth Has A Secret Space Program and Patrols Their Airspace
Makes it even more of a challenge if a big black triangle shows up when you are about to buzz a baseball game in your dad's sport model UFO!

Next time you see a "satellite" waaaayyyy up there and it appears to be slowing down, look behind it to the east or west and perpendicular to its flight path. As the "satellite" speeds away you might catch a glimpse of a BBT passing overhead (happened to me within the last month).

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Good to know

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Or maybe the government psyop is getting old and all they can do to perpetuate the meme is by hiring washed up musicians.

Let "It" go big guy...let "It" go.

Kev

-walks to the corner and grabs his coloring book.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All that's about to change...
Pay attention and you can feel time compressing
Sneek out of your house at 3am, walk down the road.

Look around and you can see and feel the skinwalkers,
The Kachinas, and sri Krishna,

It's not mythology

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hmm I saw a satellite tailed by another that was about 1 1/2 cm behind it heading N NE, possible interception?

I've never heard much about a secret border patrol, got anymore info?
Quite an angle to view Ufology from... Got my mind pondering now.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
The Yogi Berra Hypothesis

"Earth? Nobody goes there any more! Too crowded!"

Kidding aside, there is probably this explanation:

Earth Has A Secret Space Program and Patrols Their Airspace
Makes it even more of a challenge if a big black triangle shows up when you are about to buzz a baseball game in your dad's sport model UFO!

Next time you see a "satellite" waaaayyyy up there and it appears to be slowing down, look behind it to the east or west and perpendicular to its flight path. As the "satellite" speeds away you might catch a glimpse of a BBT passing overhead (happened to me within the last month).

It would seem that BTUFO "want to be seen".

Funny thing that.. that the desire to see one is the major cause of seeing one.

Kev

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As far as I know.. the Blue Star Kachina thing is not a Hopi tradition.. but was
created by a white guy wanting to sell books. Well that's the other side of
the coin anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

As far as I know.. the Blue Star Kachina thing is not a Hopi tradition.. but was
the coin anyway.

Yes, Frank did play fast and loose with the facts sometimes.

However, as I've mentioned before; I don't think man's 5 primitive senses even come close to being able to detect how the cosmos operates.

Technological improvement of the 5 senses are looking in the wrong direction imo.
edit on 26-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

the coin anyway.

Yes, Frank did play fast and loose with the facts sometimes.

However, as I've mentioned before; I don't think man's 5 primitive senses even come close to being able to detect how the cosmos operates.

Technological improvement of the 5 senses are looking in the wrong direction imo.

Hey --- I'm the guy who believes that humans are in part biological / room temperature "dark plasma"
hybrids with a plasma cryptoid species that shares this planet with us.

So I'm definitely very open minded.

But that doesn't mean I don't cry BS every chance I get on disinformation.

There's nothing wrong with proclaiming nearly *anything* might be true,
if you put thesis/hypothesis/conjecture in front of it, and are willing to
drop it, if proven wrong.

But posing as a Native American to peddle books, or to work for a letter
agency to dispense disinformation about non-existent UFOs or stuff
like that ... yuck.

Kev

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My theories:

1. For some reason they are not able to be detected easily with digital cameras or cellphone cameras.

2. People are inside most of the time, away from the sky. They spend their time looking down at their phones instead of at their surroundings.

3. UFOs are not a real physical phenomenon, but rather something else entirely. They are not aliens from another planet visiting us in physical space ships. They are something we don;t understand. Other cultures called these beings faeries, angels, djinn, etc. Perhaps our way of understanding them is interpreting them as aliens (which they technically would be alien to us.)

4. The UFO field was saturated years ago with hoaxers and lunatics, but its harder to fake things these days so a lot of the fake sightings died down making it seem like there are less sightings overall.

5. People are interested in other paranormal/fringe subjects like bigfoot and ghosts instead of UFOs so people don't pay attention to it or they interpret their UFO sightings as something other than a UFO.

edit on 26-4-2016 by ladyworgen because: spelling

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

I vote for the first. A maturing of the technology and operations. They, whoever they are, went from unstable single drives (saucers) into stable tri-drives (triangles) and are embedding into more conventional, or conventional-looking, aircraft programs.

The other hypothesis is that it was all nearly BS.

Now that everybody has cell phone cameras, what have we seen? An explosion of evidence for exotic UFOs and ET? Not in the slightest.

What have we seen? Tons of cops being dicks to people who aren't old and white.

Which conspiracy theory seems more likely to be real?
edit on 26-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I think the vast majority of UFO sightings are BS. Like 95%. However, I do believe there is a small amount out there that are describing something real that is really, really weird.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
a reply to: Painterz
I think mobile phones etc may be cause, but more along the lines of microwaves....
According to some of the hypothesis out there, the early high power radar systems (micro-wavelengths) mucked about with their guidance/control/propulsion.... hence potential crashes like Roswell etc...
Now we have cell towers spreading out a microwave 'shield', maybe for our control, maybe as a deterrent.
Kind of mutually exclusive... cell phones and the associated equipment, and built in cameras and monitoring devices, and UFO's staying away.
I wonder if sightings have remained constant in no-phone countries/areas (if there is such a place anymore)...
Or just that the psyops has run its course....

Pretty laughable that a craft that would have to travel through deep space and face all the dangers of that can be knocked out by something that could just about heat a pot noodle.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Nothing interesting that can catch their attention probably incite their curiosity,that only they would notice.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That one thread from A__0 hinted at the same thing. "Enough with good citizens going to their graves with their secrets" was what was said (or close enough).

Some random dude, drinking beers, walking his friend's dog at 3 am, is not a very promising way to get "disclosure". The skeptic only has to say, "you were drunk. End of story". Never bothering to listen that if you are hallucinating from drinking alcohol you are about to die. Nope, just get shot down and end up on a "conspiracy forum" speculating about BTs doing patrols around the countries they are friendly to.

Catching sight of a BTUFO is cool and all. But the "the internet will melt down when one floats out of a hangar" is the real disclosure that has to happen. Until then, a good catch-22. You want to see one you will! Then what?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yea, about as laughable as sending a probe to another planet and mixing up imperial and metric...
BTW...Do you even realise the radar equipment of the day (1945ish) were capable of 7kW+ (or 100kW pulsed), by the mid 1950's that power was in the megaWatt range (PAR)... so that would be more like vaporising your noodles mate.
Also mobile phones put out (0.5-3 w) times how many phones on the planet (6.8 billion) lets say only a percentage of them are operating, and not even including the cell station transmissions, or radars etc etc adds up to a bit of wattage bouncing around the atmosphere now that wasn't there years ago.
If I was to believe in the little green men ufo saucer staying away scenario then that's my hypothesis. Whats yours?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yea, about as laughable as sending a probe to another planet and mixing up imperial and metric...
BTW...Do you even realise the radar equipment of the day (1945ish) were capable of 7kW+ (or 100kW pulsed), by the mid 1950's that power was in the megaWatt range (PAR)... so that would be more like vaporising your noodles mate.
Also mobile phones put out (0.5-3 w) times how many phones on the planet (6.8 billion) lets say only a percentage of them are operating, and not even including the cell station transmissions, or radars etc etc adds up to a bit of wattage bouncing around the atmosphere now that wasn't there years ago.
If I was to believe in the little green men ufo saucer staying away scenario then that's my hypothesis. Whats yours?

REALLY

Military radars are numerous and vary from very large installations, which have large peak (1 MW or greater) and average powers (kW), to small military fire control radars, typically found on aircraft. Large size radars often evoke concern in communities living around them. However, because its power is radiated over a large surface area, the power densities associated with these systems vary between 10 and 100 W/m2 within the site boundary. Outside the site boundary RF field levels are usually unmeasurable without using sophisticated equipment.

UNDERLINED & BOLD the important parts so my POT NOODLE is safe

edit on 27-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It was all to do with what they were doing with the cattle.

They don't need to come here for a while. They'll be back in a couple of generations though.

Be careful what you put on your cornflakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

No info on a "secret boarder patrol" I was thinking of the "secret space program" and what they really could be doing up there. My idea being that any beings we do not have agreements with would be harassed so they leave on their own accord. Plus seeing something like that happen (UFO zipping off and triangle shaped craft fly by below/behind it) gave rise to my "theory".

Personally, I like the first one better! Do aliens have a sense of humor?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Aliens and UFO sightings are getting increasingly common. The Govt has done all it can to suppress information regarding crashes, covering up NASA findings. In a Universe with billions of galaxies we can't be the only ones, it would not only be arrogant to think so but unimaginative. If you haven't read Santori s book on Alien life forms .Now is a good time

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join