It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my personal hypothesis why UFO sightings are less common. What's yours?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We are Alone. We are the premier species of the galaxy, the first to make it to the stone age, the first to the nukes. The planet we live on realized its mistake with us and went into overdrive trying to make up for it. It grew diamonds out of the carbon matter and then wondrous critters. We dug up the diamonds and ate the critters so it evolved Australia's wild life and plagues to try and get rid of us. oops. The other planets said hang all that nonsense and life stopped at microbes everywhere else.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Probably because people have their noses in their smart phones.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

if i had to choose a reason i would say because we are more technological advanced as humans and harder for them to stay off the radar.

for example there are lots of theories that in the Egyptian, Inca times etc there were many pyramid type buildings popping up all over the world around the same time. People say UFO's / aliens where able to freely move around and maybe share there ideas. not saying this is my belief but one out of a billion others.

these days they cant freely move around unless in really remote areas. The more inner city your go the less likley you will have an experience. Plus all the light pollution blocks a good view from the sky's.

the more remote you are the better chance.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I think it was the advent of mobile phones. Before the mobile phone era it was very easy for people to say they saw something, but now? You see something, why not take video footage with your mobile? There's no excuse anymore not to have good quality footage of a sighting. So it's weeded out a lot of the quacks I think. Which has resulted in the drop.

standard mobile phones still pretty poor for long distance recording, looking into the sky and getting decent detail still not the best. They good close up .

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

About the orange orbs..i was in my garden early one evening when i noticed something orange in the sky,followed by more lights.The way they were moving through the sky was really weird.There would be about 6 in a row,my hubby remembers the exact number.He came outside just when i started seeing this.He's clairvoyant/psychic,idk if that has anything to do with the sighting but he said he felt he needed to go outside at once.

The orange lights/orbs travelled like this: the first one would get to a certain point in the sky,then just vanish-to be immediately replaced by another at the back of the line.The distances between them exactly the same.They were moving in a very precise rigid line too,like they were on an invisible track.Every time the front one reached a certain point in the sky,it would instantly vanish and another would immediately appear at the back.It was a gobsmacking sight.

Then i heard one of our nitwit neighbours bleating that everyone should come and look,the people in the township across the road were letting off fireworks.And the line of lights faded and were gone.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Maybe thats why we have had many sightings over the years out here in the African Bush,Mpumalanga Province.Also this is a strange mysterious region of my country,from ancient days to now.When one returns from the provincial capital as one comes over the mountain pass,it is like a valley of pyramids stretched out before one.So many of the hills look like pyramids overgrown with trees and vegetation.My husband actually had a very vivid and unforgettable dream once,of an ancient pyramid based civilisation in this region,but not Egyptian.It was such a doozy of a dream the moment he woke up he went to the pc+started googling-and found the research of Michael Tellinger.But feels the dream was about an even earlier civilisation.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

can i come visit

sounds interesting. thanks for the response.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If you want an actual and honest answer, they historically have come in "waves" and it can be charted into peaks and valleys on a graph.

Not to be too mundane but we may just be in a period of low activity.

So buckle your seat belts, because at some point, if history repeats itself, they'll be back!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

and it sure does

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

If you want an actual and honest answer, they historically have come in "waves" and it can be charted into peaks and valleys on a graph.

Not to be too mundane but we may just be in a period of low activity.

So buckle your seat belts, because at some point, if history repeats itself, they'll be back!

If this is true we could easily predict the next wave from the previous.

So when do you think it's going to be?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal
My kid brother and I witnessed a white orb at night shooting upward almost vertically. Whatever it was, it made roughly 5 blinks as it rapidly exited the atmosphere in about 5 seconds - and the darn thing turned reddish in color as it disappeared via. a collapsing dot..

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

There's no excuse anymore not to have good quality footage of a sighting. ext

Not necessarily. It's pretty easy to be mesmerized almost immediately.

I've been watching the skies for a long time and just recently I was on my deck looking at a huge triangular cloud for about 10 seconds before my mind scared the hell out of me when it screamed "GET THE CAMERA!!" And, sure enough, I ran inside and by the time I got that stupid thing out of it's impact reducing, zippered case, the cloud was disintegrating.... I should have known better to make it more accessible.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Less people report it because those reporting it are given less credibility and more scrutiny, which scares off all the nutjobs that wanna make a quick buck or get some attention.

Remember the satanic panic of the 80s and 90s? Every narcissistic halfwit that wanted 15 mins of fame or their own congregation to financially milk came out and said they were an ex satanic priest or a 90th degree mason or were part of a coven. Same thing with UFOs.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The world is going to hell in a handbasket and they realize we are beyond their assistance ? They are giving up and going home. Mission Failed.....

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Like others have posted reportings come in waves I believe, I can say this is true for where I live... I've noticed peaks every 4-6 years and the last one was 2011 so possibly due for one here.

I can imagine a few things might paint the picture that sightings are less common

1. More people live in light polluted zones.
2. People generally don't look up or star gaze as often.
3. Reporting's are less common in general, people use social media which in turn can bring scrutiny.
4. Easier for the inquisitive individual to possibly identify a UFO.
5. The strange is more accepted.

That's just a few off the top of my head.

In all honesty I don't think sightings are less common, more and more people are seeing satellite like orbs that stop or do manoeuvres satellites are not supposed to do. Exotic sightings have always been few and in between and it seems the age of flying saucers are long gone so the cash crop idea towards UFO's is a dying one.

At the end of the day less false reportings is a great thing, helps sort the wheat from the chaff... If such a thing exists in ufology

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SugarDaddy

I didn't say there was a predictable pattern that could identify the next wave, only that it consistently has surges followed by declines.

The amount of time between varies.

It would be awesome if you could predict
It though!!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They are telepathic
They know whos ready to really encompass their existence.(without suffering overly about it)
They will show themselves to those who go looking for contact....
When they think it will do no serious harm to the psyche of the seeker...
I have seen their ship.....
|They left abruptly when I began to freak out with the enormity of their existence....
Had they not I may have even gone somewhat mad....seriously.....
Its one thing to reason they are here....
Its quite another to see the proof....
We are being observed and coached along to full citizenship in the galaxy.....but its our own psyche that needs the upgrade before full contact can be beneficial to all parties...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
hoaxers, people with nothing better to do went and got real jobs.

-the ufo business/market is over saturated. once a nearly half billion market, DVDs, History channel Series, Sites asking for donations, special convention with $200++ admission fees, props, t shirts, Special interviews(costly), fundings for bogus researches etc... remember the crop circle 'phenomena' and those who believed (lol).

the easily persuaded ran out of money. simple.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Or maybe the government psyop is getting old and all they can do to perpetuate the meme is by hiring washed up musicians.

Let "It" go big guy...let "It" go.

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

"Bored Faeries"

There are no UFOs...at least not in this galaxy.. We are the most technically evolved race.

But we all walk around with corn cobs up our behinds and take everything too seriously.

But another species shares our planet..."Bored Faeries". They have been appearing as all sorts of silly things since the beginning of man.

Now they are getting a little sick of pretending to be "UFOs".

They will choose another form some day...but It won't work... We will still walk around with corn cobs up our behinds...so serious...so nasty to each other...don't know how to play nice.

Or not.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join