It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great...just Great!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Now I suppose I could have posted this in rant, but it's really not a rant.

Nothing like walking in the house on a nice warm day and smelling this totally funky "what is it?" smell. After checking boots which have been in the corrals all day, nope, not them. Hmmmm...??? Then the hunt begins.

The Lab is sitting there innocently wagging her tail. Nope, not her, she's a dead giveaway if she did something. Where are the other dogs? Outside...hmmm??? Closer inspection reveals a GIGANTIC PILE of barfed rabbit guts, right in the middle of the living room floor on the brand new carpet we just had replaced. Yummy (not)! So THAT's where the funk was coming from! The Lab never even moved, so I know she didn't do it. Then the wife tells me she saw a fresh rabbit head and what was left of a leg in the pasture. Sounds like the boys had a kill; call them in and the Australian Cattle Dog gives himself up immediately by heading for the door. Really? Couldn't you just toss rabbit sidewalk pizza when you were outside????? I guess that's a..."nope"!

Cleanup wasn't too bad. Good thing we bought the super-ultra-bulletproof carpet. Dogs! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!

Anyway, just life way out in the sticks, away from all the trappings of modern society.

Just thought I'd share.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Good to know it isn't any better with dogs. Cause I have cats and they're always tossing carpet cookies.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Had a hound that dug up a weeks buried goat.
He cracked the skull, ate its brain, and then came inside and barfed it on the floor.
Words cannot describe the stench.
He was an outside dog after that.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Years ago we had a sheltie that did a couple of similar things on a nice rug, knowing full well he could have walked two feet over and barfed on the easy-to-clean kitchen floor. My theory is that they're telling us that our fancy carpets mean nothing to them, and we shouldn't care so much about them.

Almost endears us to them more, eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Predators often regurgitate for other members of their pack, It was a gift… sharing a kill is one of the highest regards they can bestow on their pack mates.

I had a friend who had a cat that hunted small birds. it would bring them alive in the house and eat them on the bed. He'd come home and find the bed covered in feathers. And right there, placed delicately on the pillow, would be a tasty little heart or liver.

The highest honor one can bestow.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think the worst one our dog ever did was get skunked and run through the entire house only to take shelter directly underneath my folks' bed.

I forget how long the house reeked after that but the initial smell woke my sister and I out of a sound sleep, and it took months longer to stop everything smelling faintly of skunk every time the humidity spiked.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Out our way about a week ago the wind was howling and the place was rockin for about 8 hours. Power went down so out I went to the old generator and did my switch over and ran on back up through the evening. When the power first went out the little gizmos on the new fangled stuff started beeping to let us know, gee thanks. And our Rott went nuts. Then on came the generator and he does not sit well with it either.

As I'm trying to get outside and turn it on he is between my legs trying to beat me out the door and high tale it down the road. Finally all things are running and he curls up between the old ladies feet for the evening. Then around midnight it is time for bed so I take a flashlight out to the switch box and turn things off. Then my wife starts yelling at the top of her lungs. I'm standing there outside with a flashlight in my mouth making sure I get things turned off right and not banging my head on open cover boxes and she's a yelling and yelling so finally I get back into the house and all the little chirpers are going again because the power if off again and the dog starts to chase the flashlight beam between my legs as I find my way to my wife.

There she is in the living room standing bare foot in a pile of dog # that the boy dumped there when the chirpers went off the second time. He looks up at me and says "What, me worry?"

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh i can relate,wow
No laughing matter at the time one has to clean it up though. We have 2 baby Rottweilers,a FoxTerrier x JR and a Great Dane. The Dane can contain herself except when she has an upset tummy,which is luckily almost never. When there's thunderstorms and rain,also when it's very cold at night in winter,we let them sleep inside.And the Rotties produce a lot of turds,i mean a Lot,but that's still ok,dog turds don't stink even remotely as bad as a cat's,so it's just the nuisance of having to pick it up.But yes the things they can vomit up,just insane,and gross beyond words.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Oh eeeheeew,that is So nasty
One of our dogs,few years ago dragged in half a leguaan and there were insects or maggots squirming under the skin
I'm not squeamish but i almost barfed my intestines out
It was the wriggling half-corpse And the smell,just no

www.cavern.co.za...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This is funny. My dog does the same thing. Comes inside and yaks!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I feel your pain, man. Something similar happened to me a year ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My dog is part Australian cattle dog. She's something else.

link   
Personally, my theory on the carpet thing is, the dogs need traction to barf. This is why they don't do it on the kitchen floor where it's easier to clean up. They need to grip into something to hurl. But gosh, guys, the lawn works good like that too, right????

link   
edit...double tap...again.
edit on 4/24/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good that she got it out of her system. Either ate too much or it was spoiled meat or even not used to it. Keep observant as there still could be a change she contacted tapeworm from the rabbit body which carries it. Source to help out.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Oh, it wasn't the Lab; it was the ACD. He totally confessed instantly. He's a rabbit chasing "machine", and with as much hay as we have around here there's plenty of rabbits. This time of year it's babies, which are really yummy treats, but the one they got today looked to be an adult.

BTW...ACD's are the fastest dogs I've ever seen! I'd put one up against a Whippet for 80-90 meters! This dog can run down a jackrabbit with a 100 yard head start...seriously.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Oh your dog is Adorable
!!! what a sweet face! I sometimes wonder if it's a comfort thing,when they barf,could it be that like us,they feel really gross and unwell before hurling,so they would rather be close to us at such a time,than alone outside?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

It's probably something boneheaded like that! Who knows what these goofball puppy dogs think.

They probably see it as a favor or something.

edit on 4/24/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thank you, Penny is a good girl.
I agree they feel comfort being around us inside to yak. Lol

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

This is funny. My dog does the same thing. Comes inside and yaks!

Is this little panda your dog?

ETA: nevermind, i see it is.

What a gorgeous beast! My Lord, i melted.

edit on 4/24/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you, she is a good pitbull

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join