It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing clothes, is it a chore?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I take all my cloths to the dry cleaner or toss them out before I would wash cloths. I know how to wash but the folding part really gets to me!
edit on 4 24 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJudge2009

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I take all my cloths to the dry cleaner or toss them out before I would wash cloths. I know how to was but the folding part really gets to me!

Don't fold, Iron and Hang

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Lol, good point. I could just wash my cloths and let them air dry. Shove them in my drawer!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: ketsuko

Ve have ways of making you care

LOL, sounds like a laundry commercial add

Well, here's the thing - You don't have to take the time to do your laundry the way the tags suggest, but it does lengthen the life of you clothing if you do.

I have some pairs of slacks I've been wearing pretty regularly for years that look very good, but I take the time to take care of them.

Oh! I forgot about having to go through and treat stains where relevant.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, here's the thing - You don't have to take the time to do your laundry the way the tags suggest, but it does lengthen the life of you clothing if you do.

I have some pairs of slacks I've been wearing pretty regularly for years that look very good, but I take the time to take care of them.

From the OP, is it really a chore? main point

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Who does the ironing?

Don't buy anything that needs ironing! Makes things so much easie

Non ironing shirts and trousers? where do i get those bad boys lol

ETA: i travel a lot so also take a travel iron for my clothes, for the next meeting!

Over on this side of the pond we spoiled our women by inventing 'permanent press' clothing.
If they follow the label instructions, it comes out wrinkle free, over and over again.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

just got a prolonged beep, guess my wash is finished ...... and i had time to chat here on ATS, chore? where? or am i missing the point?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Who does the ironing?

Don't buy anything that needs ironing! Makes things so much easie

Non ironing shirts and trousers? where do i get those bad boys lol

ETA: i travel a lot so also take a travel iron for my clothes, for the next meeting!

Over on this side of the pond we spoiled our women by inventing 'permanent press' clothing.
If they follow the label instructions, it comes out wrinkle free, over and over again.

Is it a chore?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

just got a prolonged beep, guess my wash is finished ...... and i had time to chat here on ATS, chore? where? or am i missing the point?

If there really is a question in your mind, then you should do the iron kettle and fire method.
Then you will be certain that modern laundry is not a. chore.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Leave it undone. Then ask yourself how far you get. I mean, as much time as you've spent trying to justify your position that it's not, it certainly must be.
edit on 24-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Leave it undone. Then ask yourself how far you get.

Or how much sex he isn't having.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Alone again, naturally - G O'Sullivan - I'd live and wash and iron, is it a chore

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Or how much sex he isn't having.

From the OP: hey, i was wiring lights and a Sauna in the garden ........ but ........ i do fk all around the house!!! pmslol, who mentioned sex? that stopped in the 90's

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You're kidding, right? I retired ten years before my wife, so I did all the washing for ten years. Now we fight over who gets to make the bed when the washing is done. (You see, I make it better.)

1) Put clothes in washer, add soap, turn on.
2) Take clothes out of washer stick in drier, turn on.
3) Take dry clothes out, fold or hang, and put away.
4) Wash sheets separately
5) Done.

P.S. leave dry warm towels on top of drier for awhile for kitties.
P.P.S. Don't dry kitties in drier. If you hear a "Thump, thump!" check drier for kitties.

NEVER read a tag to wash. NEVER read a tag to dry. NEVER iron. NEVER separate out anything special unless it is brand new like colored towels that have never been washed. NEVER use "softener" or other expensive crap that does nothing.

15 minutes of actual "work" and six minutes to make the bed. Done. It isn't complicated.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No, I'm not kidding. I take the time try to make sure my laundry is done according to suggestion. I have a limited budget and can't afford to buy new clothes every time I shrink a sweater.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Anything that has to be done around the house is technically a chore, isn't it? In our house I do all of the traditional woman's work, and my partner does everything else and makes more money.

I see the balance, but do I still despise laundry? Yes.

Why? Because no matter how many times I ask, my partner still throws all of his dirty clothes on our bedroom floor; even though I am an organizer and have sorted hampers for the different wash loads.
I'm also a minimalist, with a very minimal wardrobe; he is a clothes hoarder, and wears a lot of clothes in general. Three to six items of dirty work clothes everyday, plus regular, after-work clothing, and lounge pants, etc. It adds up to a lot of laundry.

I still love him more than anything, and don't want him to come home from a long day only to have to do laundry, but it's still an annoying chore. For me at least.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wash in cold water. You'll never shrink a sweater. You're wasting a whole lot of time, not to mention water and electricity, by separating so much. If you're on a budget, penny wise and pound foolish. You're not saving any money this way.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Laundry is as much a chore as you make it. If you want to be picky and separate every thing by what the labels say, you're going to have 12 piles of clothes and be doing laundry all day. I have the Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum washer and dryer set and they hold Massive loads. I make 4 piles -
Light
Dark
Colors
Whites
Each pile gets thrown in and then dried. I do laundry 2 times a week and spend about 3 - 4 hours doing it, but, I'm outside doing other things while the washer is running, then just pop in about once an hour, swap clothes from washer to dryer, load the washer again, hang what needs hanging, fold the rest, then back out the door.
edit on 24-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Anything that has to be done around the house is technically a chore, isn't it? In our house I do all of the traditional woman's work, and my partner does everything else and makes more money.

I see the balance, but do I still despise laundry? Yes.

Why? Because no matter how many times I ask, my partner still throws all of his dirty clothes on our bedroom floor; even though I am an organizer and have sorted hampers for the different wash loads.
I'm also a minimalist, with a very minimal wardrobe; he is a clothes hoarder, and wears a lot of clothes in general. Three to six items of dirty work clothes everyday, plus regular, after-work clothing, and lounge pants, etc. It adds up to a lot of laundry.

I still love him more than anything, and don't want him to come home from a long day only to have to do laundry, but it's still an annoying chore. For me at least.

OK, i take it it's a chore

Must do that when wiring stuff and cleaning ponds, and painting ......i'll add it to the list, must be a hard life, enough said, i did it already, heard the prolonged beep and stuff, we are now sleeping in separate beds ....... a womans work huh? lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join