It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kasich - "I Will Be The Nominee. I've Got Friends Who Are On The RNC Rules Committee."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
If the RNC isn't going to give Trump the nomination then they are definitely not giving Cruz the nomination. Both Trump and Cruz lose to either Democratic candidate while Kasich is the only one who does somewhat well. Besides Clinton, Trump and Cruz are hated by majority of the American public and the RNC.

So if the RNC wants a shot at winning Kasich is their man. Either way, corrupted politics is corrupted politics.

Electability is a poor and meaningless metric, especially this early.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Totally false on Trump,you've been watching too much CNN and MSNBC.
I would vote for Trump and there are millions sat on the fence of all races who would like to hear what the man has to say without the main stream media subverting his message or the inbred SJW's screaming hatred at anyone who attends his meetings funded by the demonic sith lord George Soros.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Face it, when you openly supported Trump you just supported a loser. He will never be president.

Ah another political prognosticator heard from. Sorry, but it's so bad this election cycle I'll gladly side with who you claim to be a "loser" rather than vote for any of your perceived "winners". For being such a loser in life he's got quite the bankroll eh?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: introvert

A candidate who has been in single digits for the majority of the election is the only one that can win?

A poll told me so... so it must be true!

EXACTLY! How does one garner, at best, 20% of the republican voter base, but yet when we include all voters he has magically gained over 30 percentage points and is the best chance at beating Clinton. Yea, and if you believe that I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in purchasing. Total MSM propaganda bulls***.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

"I've Got Friends Who Are Going To Be On The Convention Rules Committee"
a reply to: Konduit

He sounds like a wise guy in the mafia! If the public doesn't notice the corruption in our election process by now they never will.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hopefully this comes back to bite him on the ass. Self-entitled prick.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What I find so amusing to many of the responses here on this topic is the absolute hypocrisy shown by so many people.

This idea of racking up delegates, ignoring the "wins" in the States, and taking the fight to the convention floor where delegates can "vote their conscience" is not new. We have all seen it before, but I never heard a single person mention "ignoring the will of the voters" when it was happening last time.

This was the campaign strategy of Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012- and had plenty of support from many members here. It was not considered under handed or crooked. It was viewed as working within the system and using the rules of an already screwed up system to your advantage.

Not anymore. Now that this same strategy is being used by people many of us simply do not agree with, now it is "ignoring the will of the voters".

This whole thing is a sham. The process is a joke. Your vote means NOTHING. This whole thing is like choosing what's for dinner. On one side you can have a ham and dog crap sandwich. On the other side you have a roast beef and dog crap sandwich. No matter which one you choose, you're still eating sh*t.

It amazes me that people do not understand that the real change they seek starts at the local level of Politics and moves up. Not the President. It starts with your City Council. Moves to your Mayor. Police Chiefs. Sheriffs. District Attorneys. Governors. Congress people, Senators.

Think about this for a moment. No matter who you believe in- Clinton, Sanders, Trump, Cruz etc etc- just how much do you think they can get accomplished if Congress does not go along? Or the Senate does not go along? How many "laws" and "executive orders" have we seen ignored by bills passed on local levels and signed by Governors during this Administration alone? Granted, not many of us complained about the way Common Core has been tossed out at the State level in many places - but did you not realize that lays out a plan for how the establishment can do the same with issues you would agree with if by some impossible odds we managed to get a President who actually cared about the average person and not the big money special interest?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal
What I find so amusing to many of the responses here on this topic is the absolute hypocrisy shown by so many people.

This idea of racking up delegates, ignoring the "wins" in the States, and taking the fight to the convention floor where delegates can "vote their conscience" is not new. We have all seen it before, but I never heard a single person mention "ignoring the will of the voters" when it was happening last time.

This was the campaign strategy of Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012- and had plenty of support from many members here. It was not considered under handed or crooked. It was viewed as working within the system and using the rules of an already screwed up system to your advantage.

Not anymore. Now that this same strategy is being used by people many of us simply do not agree with, now it is "ignoring the will of the voters".

This whole thing is a sham. The process is a joke. Your vote means NOTHING. This whole thing is like choosing what's for dinner. On one side you can have a ham and dog crap sandwich. On the other side you have a roast beef and dog crap sandwich. No matter which one you choose, you're still eating sh*t.

It amazes me that people do not understand that the real change they seek starts at the local level of Politics and moves up. Not the President. It starts with your City Council. Moves to your Mayor. Police Chiefs. Sheriffs. District Attorneys. Governors. Congress people, Senators.

Think about this for a moment. No matter who you believe in- Clinton, Sanders, Trump, Cruz etc etc- just how much do you think they can get accomplished if Congress does not go along? Or the Senate does not go along? How many "laws" and "executive orders" have we seen ignored by bills passed on local levels and signed by Governors during this Administration alone? Granted, not many of us complained about the way Common Core has been tossed out at the State level in many places - but did you not realize that lays out a plan for how the establishment can do the same with issues you would agree with if by some impossible odds we managed to get a President who actually cared about the average person and not the big money special interest?

The difference is the number of people who are beginning to understand what is happening - and has been happening. No one really complains or even understands a corrupt system until the system is put under the lights. That is what this election cycle has done. The fact that it's always been like this or that some people have not complained about it in the past is not relevant. It's like pretending Cruz is not winning voterless elections just because the 'rules are the rules'.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: Konduit

A candidate who has been in single digits for the majority of the election is the only one that can win?

A poll told me so... so it must be true!

EXACTLY! How does one garner, at best, 20% of the republican voter base, but yet when we include all voters he has magically gained over 30 percentage points and is the best chance at beating Clinton. Yea, and if you believe that I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in purchasing. Total MSM propaganda bulls***.

It's because of the way the questions are asked in the polls. They ask people if it was a head to head match against Clinton and Kasich, whom would they vote for.

I'm really surprised that so many people don't understand such an elementary concept. We did similar projects in Junior High.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There does seem to be a lot of confusion over the head to head polls.

Those one the one side who cant understand why Kasich could be losing the GOP race and still be a better bet than either Trump or Cruz to beat Hillary and also those that don't really understand polling in general and have placed too much importance in the head to head general election polls being seen right now.

Those stating the the polls now make it a guaranteed win for Hillary are just reinforcing their own bias. Even if the latest polls were not at all polluted by the current GOP race, Clinton is only 8 points up in the latest average and in the very latest poll is only 3 points up. How a conclusion can be drawn that she has already won, based on the polls, is strange to me. Again, it points to some people not really understanding how things work and how the situation can change.

edit on 25/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

I love your analogy.

It was fine for Ron Paul fanatics last time around to use #ty rules that were in place. Now when Clinton leveraged all of the Super Delegates early on it is.... the Poor dear sweet Bernie is getting screwed narrative that they are singing.

They don't even like when Cruz and Kasich are wrangling the rules to mess with Trump, didn't think Ron Paul freaks would give a damn but maybe some are over in the Trump camp unable to escape the hypnosis of his comb over.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The polls must be lying because the voting says pyherwise .

Millions of people support Trump.

Dare I say tens of millions?

That's what the votes say.

Primaries are a very different demographic from general elections.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Kasich reminds me of my younger brother... "I won't be laid off because I've got friends on the school board!". He's now drawing unemployment...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's because of the way the questions are asked in the polls. They ask people if it was a head to head match against Clinton and Kasich, whom would they vote for. I'm really surprised that so many people don't understand such an elementary concept. We did similar projects in Junior High.

Unfortunately many voters haven't got past the Junior High level at least when it comes to making informed decisions. Republicans clearly do not like this guy, so this "poll" is telling us Kasich can be in last place in the primaries, but then has the votes to win the general election from independents and crossover votes from the Democrats? Once again I call bulls***. The math and logic do not add up no matter what any "poll" says.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This just confirms my suspicions that the Republican party really is ready to implode and start a big internal political battle. The behavior of the right during the past 8 years has been bad enough, but this current election fiasco is just icing on the cake. I see a big schism coming up. Maybe even a major split.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

www.breitbart.com... ng-far/ 2 million more votes then romney got in 08 already

In total, Trump has received 8,776,586 votes so far this year in states that have already held primaries or caucuses or conventions. In those same states in 2012, Romney received 6,654,029 votes—a whopping 2,122,557 votes less than Donald Trump. That means Trump has gotten a 31.79 percent increase over Romney’s totals. Meanwhile, Cruz, in states that have voted already in 2016 has received an impressive 6,452,032 votes. While admirable, that’s still 201,977 votes less than Romney’s 2012 totals in those states—a decrease of 3.04 percent from Romney’s 2012 votes. The analysis shows that of the nearly 40 contests so far, Trump’s 2016 vote totals have demolished Romney’s 2012 vote totals in most places.
so just shy of 10 million votes another member had claimed

www.pewresearch.org... older link that is tracking all the votes by party dems lead 14million ish to 9 millionish for republicans ,but with how fractured the parties both are and how angry some of the underdog fans may get (some sanders fans say they wont vote for hillary ,there is the whole never trump group of kasic fans and cruz that could take votes away) so it seems the party that can unify and rally behind a candidate and unite the party has the best chance . with kasich stunt in the op and sanders list of demands that Hillary laughed at this could go either way depending on how angry each voter base gets

www.politifact.com... clinton has roughly 2.5(ish) million more votes then sanders currently so the obvious front runners are gonna be Clinton and trump and each sides underdogs are pulling or attempting to pull shady shenanigans in the background

i predict a sweep for trump and death blow to sanders from clinton in todays primaries (april 26th) www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So if the RNC wants a shot at winning Kasich is their man. Either way, corrupted politics is corrupted politics

I wonder where the heck these polls were done (???), because most of America isn't even aware he's running, LOL!

The problem with polls, is that they completely ignore those voters that will come out of the woodwork for key points, right at election time. Really, that's the GOP's ONLY shot at the White House, and it's about the same chance (with any candidate) as a snowball has in Hell. That said though, Trump is the ONLY one of the 3, that can hope to get such voters to the ballot box.

John's in there for ONE reason. To keep Trump from getting to the magic number. That's it. End of story. He knows it, we know it. Because of it, he's an establishment do-boy, and we all know it. If he were to be the nominee, I'd expect many Republicans to abandon the party en-masse....for being completely ignored.

i predict a sweep for trump and death blow to sanders from clinton in todays primaries (april 26th)

Probably. We'll see tonight.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

trump won every county in every state he ran in today cruz and kasich alliance failed and the voters said no to those two bastards choosing the candidate

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: Gazrok

trump won every county in every state he ran in today cruz and kasich alliance failed and the voters said no to those two bastards choosing the candidate

Got that right, RalagaNarHallas! All Cruz and Kasich did when they formed that Alliance is demonstrate and illustrate the exact behavior that Americans are SICK OF! Politicians just don't get it yet, do they.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Dance little puppets dance,
The puppeteers are barely hiding the strings anymore. I cannot wait for this political soap opera to be over. You all talk like it matters who becomes the chief. Special interest groups and the Corporations they represent run the show from behind the curtains. In the end these are just puppets too. Puppets controlling puppets controlling puppets controlling you and me.
Anyone with real intentions will be "cleansed" from the system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join