It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Core Education: Surveillance & Sexualization of Children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
By WakingTimes April 21, 2016

www.wakingtimes.com...

. . .
Educator Dr. Duke Pesta has been working tirelessly to expose Common Core for what it really is ever since it was launched 7 years ago. In his presentation, Duke reveals how the Government is already pushing for “public boarding schools” to be open from 8am to 8pm, 365 days per year! He quotes 2 men who were at the forefront of American education, Horace Mann and John Dewey. The latter was an open communist:

“We are who engaged in the sacred cause of education are entitled to look upon all parents as having given hostages to our cause.” – Horace Mann

“The children who know how to think for themselves spoil the harmony of the collective society …” – John Dewey

Is Common Core helping the school to replace the family as a surrogate parent? Is Common Core promoting the idea of collectivism, that the individual is subservient to the group, institution, system and State? It would appear so, but that’s not all it’s doing.
. . .

My notes from other parts of the article . . .

--Graders hired at $9/hr and told to make the results match the bell curve. What idiocy!
--Data mining of info about the individual student AND FAMILY MEMBERS is made an inherent part of the whole tyrannical mess.

--Children's privacy a thing of the past.
--Intrusive, obnoxious devices in the classroom: 'facial expression camera,' 'posture analysis seat,' . . .'wireless skin conductance sensor' . . .

--Common Core Sexualization of Chldren What an unsurprise that is. Sigh.
--GROUP THINK becoming a standard part of the structure and the curriculum.

--Sex ed to 4 year olds . . . I guess childhood experimentation is not enough. They want to SHOW toddlers how to mess their lives up good by destroying all balance and deeper meaningfulness from sex in a committed relationship.
--'Tis a major tool of looming tyranny . . . incrementally advancing said tyranny, imho.

= = = =

Not sure what else to say . . . it's hideous, treasonous, stupid, criminal, evil at its uhhh core; . . .

Orwell was right . . . TELLING THE TRUTH in a context of tyranny . . . is a subversive act.

The oligarchy are artists at inserting things

--incrementally
--under sweet, nice sounding white-washed labels
--tyrannically with few or no other options.

The idiots in power WILL reap what they have sown . . . and they won't be able to bear the pain returned upon their own heads and being--but they will bear it . . . for a very very long time.

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: tags errors

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: ditto

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: same

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: I give up. cant' get the tags to work right so deleted that chunk

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Common Core was designed by the elite to benefit the elite. It is a combination of mind control, brain washing and data mining aimed at creating the perfect sheep for the New World Order.

Thank you for your post and notes.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Such a shame that we are taxed so heavily to provide a non-education to our kids and that if you actually want them to learn, you have to either homeschool or pay even more money on top of what you are taxed for a private school.

But if you put your kids in the public school with Common Core on the case, it's extremely hard to get them properly turned out.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Earlier in my life, I didn't realize I'd be alive in an era when education officials with parental complicity

DELIBERATELY MEDIA-PROGRAMMING-LOBOTOMIZED & DUMBED-DOWN generations of students

to make them more docile Eloi to more compliantly shuffle into the maws of the Morlachs . . . for dinner . . . as the main course.

It's beyond mind boggling.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was ignorant and against Common Core til I had a kid in it.

Its hard. Heavy on academic focus.

Parent involvement required IMO.

So, let's hear from parents who actually have a kid in it and are involved with that kid and their school work.

The Paranoia does not agree with my experience.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Common Core was designed by the elite to benefit the elite. It is a combination of mind control, brain washing and data mining aimed at creating the perfect sheep for the New World Order.

No it is not. It is a system in which exams and certain curriculum is standardized and identical across the board. That way it would be easier for graduates to move-on to college knowing what to expect.

I'm not a fan of the program, but the best thing about it is that it is not mandatory. States can choose to adopt the program or not.

Hard to push the NWO when people are given a choice.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I would reply with one word. Actually here it is, even though more words were written (and this is from a dad with two children at school)

Disgusting.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. WELL PUT.

And then, for home schooling, via a clever mangling of the dictionary . . . one can be labeled a 'terrorist' just for trying to give one's kids a leg-up on survival in a tremendously difficult era.

Can't have thinking kids be sufficiently compliant serfs and slaves. Clearly.

Sigh.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Such a shame that we are taxed so heavily to provide a non-education to our kids and that if you actually want them to learn, you have to either homeschool or pay even more money on top of what you are taxed for a private school.

But if you put your kids in the public school with Common Core on the case, it's extremely hard to get them properly turned out.

Do you have a kid in public school in the Common Core program?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No it is not. It is a system in which exams and certain curriculum is standardized and identical across the board. That way it would be easier for graduates to move-on to college knowing what to expect.

I'm not a fan of the program, but the best thing about it is that it is not mandatory. States can choose to adopt the program or not.

Do you have a kid in Common Core?

I have become a fan after involvement.

Its hard. Its academic.

School is school again - - - parents have to help. And parents have to provide all the extra activities that are not academic focused.

School is definitely not a baby sitter with Common Core.
edit on 24-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Evidently you did not read the whole article very closely.

The originators declare in their own words contrary to your constructions on such realities.

However, far be it from me to encourage folks to consider something better than Kool-Aid for refreshment.

I'm a fossilized old fart now and have no kids nor grand kids to be mangled in such manners.

But it still grieves me to see the culture and values sooooooooo efficiently flushed down the toilet to hell with such premeditated malice and aforethought.

It's clear on which side you are on. You're a very tenacious proponent of such values, memes, structures, tyrannies.

However, you will likely grieve the day when those chickens finally come home to roost with thick layers of very corrosive poo all over everyone and the countryside.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Its hard. Its academic.

School is school again - - - parents have to help. And parents have to provide all the extra activities that are not academic focused.

"Its hard" should be "It's". You're not that academic.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sounds like you give it an unqualified rosy rating.

Incredible.

John Dewey would be thrilled at your support for his creeping tyrannical plans.

Thankfully, my students did not leave my classes without learning some critical thinking skills--regardless of their attraction thereto--they learned by osmosis, if nothing else.

But, hey, if you wish to help raise your offspring to be compliant sheep for the slaughter--you do----for a while longer----have some rights as a parent.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

originally posted by: Annee

Its hard. Its academic.

"Its hard" should be "It's". You're not that academic.

Petty.

I know the difference between Its and It's - - - you know "It is".

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'm just telling you how I understand it and the what it's designed to do. Common Core is severely misunderstood and you have the ability to lobby your state representatives to opt out, if your state participates.

As for everything else you said, pure drama. I'd rather not get involved in that.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's only hard in the sense that it needlessly complicates concepts.

Common Core math makes a complex equation out of the simplest concepts. It is based in New Math and other reform methods that have constantly and consistently failed to do anything to improve student scores and have thus been discarded every time.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hey there my friend! Long time no see!

Do some research into the "Frankfurt School" and you will see how long this plan has been in the works!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Sounds like you give it an unqualified rosy rating.

Incredible.

John Dewey would be thrilled at your support for his creeping tyrannical plans.

Thankfully, my students did not leave my classes without learning some critical thinking skills--regardless of their attraction thereto--they learned by osmosis, if nothing else.

But, hey, if you wish to help raise your offspring to be compliant sheep for the slaughter--you do----for a while longer----have some rights as a parent.

Critical thinking? Everyone brings that up.

I went to school in the 50s. Even then it was "Read, memorize, take a test". Even then it was focus on the middle kids.

Where people get that Critical Thinking used to be taught in Public School, I don't know.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Before you blow him off. Look it up. We here aren't so stupid.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP
a reply to: seeker1963

Before you blow him off. Look it up. We here aren't so stupid.

What??????
I am agreeing with Bo! Do yourself a favor and check into the Frankfurt School! *Mind Blown*

edit on 24-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join