It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An op on the topic of Senators that have run in this race.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I firmly believe if a congressman be them senator or Rep, has abandoned the dully elected duty of their office to run for executive branch they should not be allowed to return to the seat they have VACATED to do such a measure.

Recalling elected officials is not a qualification of office, it is an element of the electoral process, and the Constitution clearly leaves the electoral process in the hands of the states.Our Constitution contains several provisions to protect our right to representative government, by and of the people:

Article V provides a mechanism for amending the Constitution;
The First Amendment states that Congress shall make no law respecting the right of the people to petition the Government for a redress of grievances;
The 10th Amendment states that powers not delegated to the federal government or prohibited by it to the states are reserved to the states or to the people; and
The 17th Amendment holds that the electors (voters) in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislature.

It is by those points I propose once the primaries have ended, every Congressman who has Ran in this last election cycle be Subject to a Recall election on Grounds Of DERELICTION of DUTY.

Mind this means Rubio, paul, sanders, Cruz and others would be booted out of Washington for not doing the job they were sent there for in the first place.

None of this oh well I did not make it, time to go back to screwing the American people in the place they had first put me.

Just my opinion on the subject.

CoBaZ

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

That's assuming they aren't doing their jobs while campaigning and I can only think of one candidate who actually neglected to do his job, as in vote for a bill he cosponsored. Guess who did show up to vote? Sanders and Paul.

Ted Cruz Doesn't Vote To Audit Fed After Co-sponsoring Bill

new topics

join